Cornwall Football Forum

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Wow!!! What a game at kimberly tonight. Satash 4 parkway 3 and satash were behind on 83 minutes !.A Thoroughly entertaining game with Parkway not really doing too much wrong but to me Satash had more desire on the night.

The ashes skipper was tremendous all night

Just one comment... The language was an absolute disgrace from both sets of players. SHAME ON YOU

One of the best games I've seen in quite a while. Saltash on the back foot for long periods of the first have but grew in confidence as they kept Parkway at bay. Then, out of the blue, Mike Smith has a free header inside the box and it's 1 nil Parkway on the half hour. I'm thinking 'here we go,  gonna be a long night' especially when Chris Menhennick's free kick smashes the woodwork with Martin Piper well beaten but no, Saltash dominate for the remainder of the half and are rewarded when Parkway full back, Jamie Bass, loses possession to Joe Carey whose cross evades everyone in the box but finds Richard Maddison on the wing. He sends it back in from the left and Sam Farrant scrambles in the leveller. HT 1-1

Saltash seen comfortable and start to dominate the early stages of the 2nd half  but  Parkway are able to contain any threat and retake the lead on 55 minutes, again Mike Smith scores. However, within 2 minutes the Ashes level when Menhennick's superb free kick nestles in the far corner of Piper's goal. Parkway respond by sending on the dangerous Levi Landricombe and it seems that he has scored the winner on 83 minutes. But Saltash wouldn't lie down as Sam Hughes levels after his initial header was parried by Piper (where was the Parkway defence?). It looks like it'll end at 3-3 but as Saltash soak up pressure in steps Dave Trott who makes a tackle on the edge of his penalty area, carries the ball forward and sends an amazing pass from the left across to Richard Maddison on the right wing. One touch and a precise cross find Sam Farrant who scores the winner - best move of the match!

Great game, two very good and well matched teams played in good spirit. Competitive yes, I thought the officials did well too with bookings at the right time to keep the players in check - although I expect some will disagree. 

Best team won? Yes, I think so but it was close. 

One of the best games I've seen in quite a while. Saltash on the back foot for long periods of the first have but grew in confidence as they kept Parkway at bay. Then, out of the blue, Mike Smith has a free header inside the box and it's 1 nil Parkway on the half hour. I'm thinking 'here we go,  gonna be a long night' especially when Chris Menhennick's free kick smashes the woodwork with Martin Piper well beaten but no, Saltash dominate for the remainder of the half and are rewarded when Parkway full back, Jamie Bass, loses possession to Joe Carey whose cross evades everyone in the box but finds Richard Maddison on the wing. He sends it back in from the left and Sam Farrant scrambles in the leveller. HT 1-1

Saltash seen comfortable and start to dominate the early stages of the 2nd half  but  Parkway are able to contain any threat and retake the lead on 55 minutes, again Mike Smith scores. However, within 2 minutes the Ashes level when Menhennick's superb free kick nestles in the far corner of Piper's goal. Parkway respond by sending on the dangerous Levi Landricombe and it seems that he has scored the winner on 83 minutes. But Saltash wouldn't lie down as Sam Hughes levels after his initial header was parried by Piper (where was the Parkway defence?). It looks like it'll end at 3-3 but as Saltash soak up pressure in steps Dave Trott who makes a tackle on the edge of his penalty area, carries the ball forward and sends an amazing pass from the left across to Richard Maddison on the right wing. One touch and a precise cross find Sam Farrant who scores the winner - best move of the match!

Great game, two very good and well matched teams played in good spirit. Competitive yes, I thought the officials did well too with bookings at the right time to keep the players in check - although I expect some will disagree. 

Best team won? Yes, I think so but it was close. 

Have to say, that is a great report of the game. Only point I have to disagree on is the officials. Whilst the two linesmen did a good job, the referee had yet another "mare" of a game. He has to learn to be consistent with his descisions.

As has been said, this was the best game ive seen for a long time. as an ashes supporter. ill be honest, I thought it would be a comfortable win for Parkway, who seem to be able to score at will, and saltash have found goals hard to come by lately.  How wrong could I be.  I don't know if Levi and Danny Lewis were injured, but I was surprised they were not in the starting line up, perhaps Kev Hendy underestimated Saltash.

One question: Why on the league website, does it describe the game as a controversial win!!!!! I saw nothing last night to make it controversial

Could not make the game last night but got regular updates from my buddy Gaz. Sounds like I missed a good game. Not the result I would hoped for but it is good too see an exciting match. Typical Sam Hughes comes back to haunt us . Bit disappointed in the defence once again. Did we play 3 or 4 at the back ? 

No trophies again this season me thinks.

On to the next game . 

Can a former club dictate which games a former player can play in. Surely if the current club hold his registration, he can play whenever he wants.  

Of course Timmy you are absolutely right - but you know as well as I do that sometimes agreements are made between clubs. In this instant I believe that Saltash asked for help from Parkway to waive the 28 day approach for Sam as they wanted him to play in some matches immediately. Therefor, as we have always had a good relationship with Saltash in the past, based on trust an agreement was reached that the 28 days would be waived so long as Sam did not play against Parkway. I believe this was in an e mail and indeed mentioned on the signed transfer form. Had Parkway not waived the 28 days he would not have been eligible for the game. Saltash, of course were legally eligible to play him, but, certainly a bit naughty to tear up the gentleman's agreement.

At the end of the day this is not sour grapes, as parkway were well beaten on the night by the better side, but doing club favours sometimes leaves a bitter taste.:SM_carton: