14 Sidmouth            11   4    0    7    27   27   0   12 
 15 Brixham             12   3    1    8    19   28  -9   10 
 16 Tots&Darts          11   3    1    7    17   28  -11  10 
 17 Liverton            10   2    1    7    16   32  -16  7 
 18 Okehampton          13   0    2    11   17   51  -34  2 
---------------------------------------------------------------
20/10/2015       Crediton           5 - 2    Brixham 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the boys can get their eleventh consecutive victory tonight versus Newquay at Mount Wise. What's more I'll be there to vent my support ! Friday nights game at home to Bodmin is massive, yet we are only a third of the way into the season. I feel the two league matches between the clubs will have a major influence on the Championship without being disrespectful to any other club. 

Hope to be up there for this match but at the moment i have got to help my cousin out working over the Isles of Scilly and his elderly wife who had a bad fall last week will be on her own so hes asked me to keep a eye on her shes 86 for christ sake shes not going to run off . Hope its a good game tonight but i can see another hammering for Newquay 6-1 to St Austell hatrick each for EDDY AND SLATEFORD

Don't understand the sense in Callington playing away midweek at Helston, players having to travel for 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get there, some not able to leave work until 5:30. On top off that the A30 is shut in various places for the trip home!!!!

The swpl officials do this every season it is as though they obtain great satisfaction out of making teams travel silly distances for mid week matches.

Don't understand the sense in Callington playing away midweek at Helston, players having to travel for 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get there, some not able to leave work until 5:30. On top off that the A30 is shut in various places for the trip home!!!!

The swpl officials do this every season it is as though they obtain great satisfaction out of making teams travel silly distances for mid week matches.

Yes Big Al, they're are some strange fixtures at times. You'd think we are all professional clubs, with limitless players, and money.

Then you end up with blank Saturdays.....bonkers.

Will not be 6-1, I heard St.Austell throwing in Reserve/Fringe players keeping the main lads fresh for Friday Night? Newquay certainly on the slide, is it 4/5 straight defeats in a row

From twitter: 

starting line up Chapman, Tinsley, Watts, Pople, Whetter, Williams, Reski, Brokenshire, Eddy, Broad, Slateford

subs: Prynn, Sims, Giles, Aston, Evans

Yes leedsunited,  full of reserve/fringe players, just as you predicted   :ninja:

Will not be 6-1, I heard St.Austell throwing in Reserve/Fringe players keeping the main lads fresh for Friday Night? Newquay certainly on the slide, is it 4/5 straight defeats in a row

From twitter: 

starting line up Chapman, Tinsley, Watts, Pople, Whetter, Williams, Reski, Brokenshire, Eddy, Broad, Slateford

subs: Prynn, Sims, Giles, Aston, Evans

Yes leedsunited,  full of reserve/fringe players, just as you predicted   :ninja:

better defenders at newquay than Cooper he's a good player but no centre back I'd play Ahearn or gerken there

Neither of those two platers are good enough for this league I'm afraid. Watched them a few times and make to many mistakes and look of the pace. Leighton Carhart and Sam cooper together or the lad Barnett from the reserves is the best partnership for newquay at the back. They need a goal scorer, the lad bowyer doesn't look like he is ready for premier football yet. Pushed of the ball to easy. After a good start to the season they seem to be slipping away. Is it a case of trying to keep to many players happy  with squad rotation and not having a settled team each week??

Neither of those two platers are good enough for this league I'm afraid. Watched them a few times and make to many mistakes and look of the pace. Leighton Carhart and Sam cooper together or the lad Barnett from the reserves is the best partnership for newquay at the back. They need a goal scorer, the lad bowyer doesn't look like he is ready for premier football yet. Pushed of the ball to easy. After a good start to the season they seem to be slipping away. Is it a case of trying to keep to many players happy  with squad rotation and not having a settled team each week??

leighton carhart is with Bodmin 2nd team now only drafted in tonight to help . 

NEWQUAY (0) 1 ST. AUSTELL (3) 3

Scorers  - Newquay  J. Bray-Evans 89 

St Austell. Eddy 16, 19. Slateford 24. 

Attendance - 189

Newquay - Peters, Jamison, Simcox, Cooper (capt), Annear, Carhart, Bray-Evans, Ames , Bowyer, Gerkin, Fearon.                  Subs- Morgan, Middleton, Price, Ahearn, Lloyd. 

St Austell - Chapman, Tinsley, Watts, Pople, Whetter , Williams, Reski, Brokenshire, Eddy (Prynn), Broad (Evans) Slateford (Sims)                                       Subs unused - Giles, Aston. 

St Austell dominated the first half creating a number of chances. Eddy unmarked at the far post scored his first goal in the 16th minute, quickly adding a second in the 19th minute with a crisp shot from just outside the box. Slateford increased the lead with a stunning volley five minutes later. The second half was a drab midfield affair with passes misplaced by both sides. The only two moments of note were in the 60th minute when a superb Harry Evans cross on the St Austell left was headed narrowly wide by Liam Prynn. The second was as a result of sloppy defending by St Austell which gave Newquay a consolation goal scored by Bray-Evans in the 89th minute. 

Wadebridge 1-7 St Dennis 

Bridge goal: 

Jack Rapsey 

Saints goals: 

Carl Ricks (3), Lee Ricks (2), Paul Robertson and Dan Jennings 

We dominated from start to finish tonight and probably our best overall performance of the season. Love visiting Wadebridge FC, such a great set up and pitch was in good condition tonight. Good luck for the season Bridge 

Great game to watch. Some great goals from Carl and Lee as usual. Those boys can finish!! Be a good league title battle in the West Division this season between the Saints and the team Quinny has built at Mousehole. With some other good sides such as Argyle, Sticker, and Penryn not far behind I would imagine. Although a heavy defeat against a quality side tonight, I like the way Wadebridge stick to their principals and always play football the right way. No aimless hoofing, always look to pass it. Think there were three 16 year old's, four 17 year old's and an 18 year old in the starting line up tonight. Great credit to JP, Rob and Flacky and the club putting their faith in youth which I'm sure will reap the benefits if these boys and the coaching team can stay together for a couple of seasons! On a personal note nice to see my boy get his first SWL goal tonight, against a very good team as well. He'll never forget that, still remember mine 33 years ago and I'm 48!!! Can't beat watching a match in the cold air under the floodlights. ?

niether has been played in their proper positions which is strange as sacha had both of them with him last year but I do agree niether has performed well but that goes for most of the team

Fair enough comments posted on the SWPL forum by the League Chairman.

Have to agree with him, clubs join this league, they have to put up with the travelling.

Alrhough to be fair, I don't think it's the clubs complaining!

"Late kick off at Helston Athletic, our most humble and sincere apologies for this occurrence.

Read comments elsewhere – not I will add, from anyone connected to CTFC – and why do we bother !!!!

Helston Athletic now have floodlights installed to play at Step 6, the travelling at Step 6 therefore increases and clubs have to make the trip there midweek, next season I am sure the conscientious League Secretary will replace midweek visits for St.Austell, Camelford, Godolphin Atlantic and now Callington Town with the clubs that went or are going there on a Saturday this season, St.Blazey, Bodmin Town Launceston & Newquay.

I don’t read  (because Devon DOES NOT have a Soccer Forum) that Ivybridge Town (with probably the same number of PL postcode players) are moaning at having to go all the way to Witheridge tonight ! – It’s part and parcel of football AT THIS LEVEL.

Because of the geographical positions of these clubs it is never going to be easy at this step in the pyramid – get over it, stop the constant bleating as it gets boring and get on with it in Cornwall as clubs do elsewhere.

MH"

I don’t read  (because Devon DOES NOT have a Soccer Forum) that Ivybridge Town (with probably the same number of PL postcode players) are moaning at having to go all the way to Witheridge tonight ! – It’s part and parcel of football AT THIS LEVEL.

Trust me... they are....

niether has been played in their proper positions which is strange as sacha had both of them with him last year but I do agree niether has performed well but that goes for most of the team

Several injuries over the last 6 weeks, including two pulled hamstrings on Saturday, have not helped. Suspensions have affected us, although 75% of cards are the players fault. We have not seen the same side two games running, players are having to be played out of position as a result, any manager will tell you he needs a settled side, Sacha has not had that luxury so far.

Newquay supporters are aware of the issues, know the limitations of the squad and accept that we are not going to win the SWPL or even a cup. Yet still, year on year, our average gates are in the top five in all three divisions, even when we were a West Div side. Our away support is second to none in the SWPL, we have a very loyal bunch who travel everywhere, very few clubs bring fans to Mount Wise in return, we generate income for home clubs which is rarely reciprocated. (It was nice to see St Austell finally bringing a good number of fans with them last night)

Others may see results on paper, we see the progress on and off the pitch, week in, week out.

Edited by Nemesis

I am afraid I have to disagree.  There are fixture programs out there that actually allow certain information to be inserted before arranging fixtures. In other words you can put into the system that the furthest a team should travel midweek is say 40 or so miles or you can ensure that local derbys are inserted at suitable dates so that it is a benefit to all concerned.    The time has changed from when most workers finished at 5pm.   This would allow these people to get home get changed and be on the road by say 6pm/6.15pm. Don't forget that a team must be allowed to have a certain period of time to do pre match warm ups etc.    It is all very well saying you are at this level so get on with it but we are dealing with people and their families and also the cost and time implications. 

As I said times have changed.  Surely when arranging fixtures it is only wise to accept that for any say teams from the East to travel further than say Bodmin or St Blazey should not be arranged.  Likewise you wouldn't accept asking Penzance to visit Holsworthy or Falmouth to travel to Ivybridge midweek.  I don't know if clubs are asked for their views before fixtures are set up but perhaps a little less haste in trying to be the first league in the country to get out the fixtures might be slightly curtailed to ensure fairness for all.     What has to be taken into consideration is that this league is huge .  It covers two counties and ranges from far west of Cornwall to North Cornwall and North Devon and East Devon.  I don't know the mileage but it must be in excess of 110 miles.  That is a huge distance to cover if you are in the |Premier Division.   You have to take into consideration the time it takes to go from A to B, the time leaving and the time arriving and the time allowed for pre match warm up.   Another thing is how often do we hear of long distant matches on a Saturday being arranged right at the time when holiday traffic is at its peak.    I must admit the dictatorial take it or leave it view is not at all helpful and can only get clubs backs up. 

I am afraid I have to disagree.  There are fixture programs out there that actually allow certain information to be inserted before arranging fixtures. In other words you can put into the system that the furthest a team should travel midweek is say 40 or so miles or you can ensure that local derbys are inserted at suitable dates so that it is a benefit to all concerned.    The time has changed from when most workers finished at 5pm.   This would allow these people to get home get changed and be on the road by say 6pm/6.15pm. Don't forget that a team must be allowed to have a certain period of time to do pre match warm ups etc.    It is all very well saying you are at this level so get on with it but we are dealing with people and their families and also the cost and time implications. 

As I said times have changed.  Surely when arranging fixtures it is only wise to accept that for any say teams from the East to travel further than say Bodmin or St Blazey should not be arranged.  Likewise you wouldn't accept asking Penzance to visit Holsworthy or Falmouth to travel to Ivybridge midweek.  I don't know if clubs are asked for their views before fixtures are set up but perhaps a little less haste in trying to be the first league in the country to get out the fixtures might be slightly curtailed to ensure fairness for all.     What has to be taken into consideration is that this league is huge .  It covers two counties and ranges from far west of Cornwall to North Cornwall and North Devon and East Devon.  I don't know the mileage but it must be in excess of 110 miles.  That is a huge distance to cover if you are in the |Premier Division.   You have to take into consideration the time it takes to go from A to B, the time leaving and the time arriving and the time allowed for pre match warm up.   Another thing is how often do we hear of long distant matches on a Saturday being arranged right at the time when holiday traffic is at its peak.    I must admit the dictatorial take it or leave it view is not at all helpful and can only get clubs backs up. 

You are absolutely correct. All players work for a living and probably NOT in the town in which they live and so therefore having to travel both from work to home and then travel again some 60 miles makes a game of football not worth it. Your last sentence completely sums up the attitude of the swpl I am afraid and I doubt whether clubs have any say. They just pay their membership and have "to take it or leave it"!

Anyone have the Parkway line up please.

Here You go:

Plymouth Parkway: Martin Piper, Paul Heveran (Shaun Manley 82), Callum Martindale, Mike Landricombe, Jon Heveran, Jordan Trott, Steve Colwell (c), Dan Hart (Callum Thompson 61), Mike Smith, Levi Landricombe, Ruben Kane.

Subs Not used: Chris Wright

Scorers: Mike Smith 3, Levi Landricome 79 pen

The FA regulations to compete at Step 6 (ie SWPL Premier Division) require Clubs to have floodlights in order to play midweek fixtures. These fixtures are necessary to allow the League programme to be completed by the end of April - along with FA Cup, FA Vase, League Cup and County Cup ties. Unfortunately, Callington do not yet have their floodlights in place and consequently have to play all their quota of midweek games away from home; hence the need to travel further-a-field to get the games in! 

But surely the league could apply some common sense in regards to arranging fixtures???

There are enough teams in certain areas in all three 3 leagues to arrange midweek fixtures so that travelling becomes a minimum during the week!!!

This would surely attract more people to games as there would be more local contests and therefore increase gate sales??

Callington v Helston.....not sure many Cally fans made that trip?????

Ivy v Withy......not sure any Ivy fans made this trip!!! Also a team that is doing so well like Ivybridge could only muster 11 players with there Manager having to dust of his boots......tells a story!!!!

Surely this is a 'no win' situation for SWPL - if the majority of the more local games were mid week, the attendance figures would be less as not everyone can get out midweek to watch games.  It makes more sense to have as many of these fixtures at weekends to attract the crowds.  The common denominator is money; no revenue, no club.

There is no simple formula to please all of the people, all of the time (unfortunately!)

Ivybridge (or Plymouth) to Witheridge isn't that far is it? I know Withy isn't the easiest place to get to but if you're playing at this level of football you expect to have to travel and you know in advance when you have to go there - you're not told the day before! If players are struggling due to work etc isn't that what the 2nd team is for?

One other thing, slightly off subject, but is it right that Cally still don't have lights? I thought the rule when getting promotion was that you had a certain period in which to meet the grading criteria - surely that's long gone for Cally who must have been in the Premier League for at least 2 full seasons by now?

Ivybridge (or Plymouth) to Witheridge isn't that far is it? I know Withy isn't the easiest place to get to but if you're playing at this level of football you expect to have to travel and you know in advance when you have to go there - you're not told the day before! If players are struggling due to work etc isn't that what the 2nd team is for?

One other thing, slightly off subject, but is it right that Cally still don't have lights? I thought the rule when getting promotion was that you had a certain period in which to meet the grading criteria - surely that's long gone for Cally who must have been in the Premier League for at least 2 full seasons by now?

callington are only now in their 2nd season in the premier so they still have time.

i agree that travelling is part of the game at this level and clubs should be prepared to travel, i also get that the clubs that dont have lights miss out on the luxury of playing midweek games at home, tough luck!  But like a few have said, surely common sense would suggest making a club travel for arguably their longest trip of the season for a midweek game is a bit much. I remember watching a Torpoint game a few years ago when they hosted Witheridge on a Tuesday/Wednesday night, and i thought then that it was a ludicrous fixture, even more so given the ferry will have gone down to every 30 mins by the time the game had finished just to add to their travel time back home.

Whilst a lot of hard work and effort goes in to getting the fixtures out early etc, and for that a massive well done and commendment offered, just perhaps a little bit of tweaking wouldn't go a miss once all the fixtures are populated, to allow for travelling midweek clubs to have a sensible enough fixture to get as many fans there as possible, which will only benefit the clubs concerned and local football and would also not put them in a position to be criticised for arranging the fixture.

Comes with the territory playing at SWPL, if clubs dont like it, just drop down a league, pretty simple. Im sure they can be replaced

Just the kind of comment you'd expect from a supporter of a team placed almost exactly central to the geographic spread of the league!

And lets be honest his teams supporters don't like travelling at weekends so mid-week traveling is totally out of the question,not really a thread you should get yourself involved in.

While I fully understand the comments made on this thread, Callington to Helston is only 62 miles. I also appreciate that not all Callington players live in Callington and that roads are busier at the time of day they have to travel but it's impossible to give every Club home floodlit fixtures where the visiting team are restricted to a specific travel time limit. Such things are taken into account with early and late season fixtures at grounds where floodlights are not available and where kick-offs are scheduled earlier than 7.30. Be assured that a great deal of thought and common sense goes into the fixture process and Clubs are able to make specific requests in advance regarding their fixtures. As I hinted at in my previous post, if Callington did have floodlights in place, the trip to Helston may not have been necessary in order to fulfill their quota of midweek games.

Regarding the absence of floodlights at Callington, they had until March 31st 2015 to get all of their facilities compliant with Step 6 FA Regulations but have found the process far more problematic than they imagined. The FA now insist that any Club applying for promotion from Step 7 must have everything in place for Step 6 by 31st March in the year in which they apply for promotion - floodlights and a seated stand for 50 persons are excepted but Clubs must have any necessary planning permissions and confirmed funding in place for them by the same date. The FA are also currently carrying out inspections of all Step 6 Clubs nationally and have set a deadline of March 31st 2016 for ALL Clubs to be fully compliant - except for floodlights - or face the possibility of relegation at the end of the season!

Things are never easy but they seem to be getting more difficult for Clubs and Leagues!

While I fully understand the comments made on this thread, Callington to Helston is only 62 miles. I also appreciate that not all Callington players live in Callington and that roads are busier at the time of day they have to travel but it's impossible to give every Club home floodlit fixtures where the visiting team are restricted to a specific travel time limit. Such things are taken into account with early and late season fixtures at grounds where floodlights are not available and where kick-offs are scheduled earlier than 7.30. Be assured that a great deal of thought and common sense goes into the fixture process and Clubs are able to make specific requests in advance regarding their fixtures. As I hinted at in my previous post, if Callington did have floodlights in place, the trip to Helston may not have been necessary in order to fulfill their quota of midweek games.

Regarding the absence of floodlights at Callington, they had until March 31st 2015 to get all of their facilities compliant with Step 6 FA Regulations but have found the process far more problematic than they imagined. The FA now insist that any Club applying for promotion from Step 7 must have everything in place for Step 6 by 31st March in the year in which they apply for promotion - floodlights and a seated stand for 50 persons are excepted but Clubs must have any necessary planning permissions and confirmed funding in place for them by the same date. The FA are also currently carrying out inspections of all Step 6 Clubs nationally and have set a deadline of March 31st 2016 for ALL Clubs to be fully compliant - except for floodlights - or face the possibility of relegation at the end of the season!

Things are never easy but they seem to be getting more difficult for Clubs and Leagues!

I consider that 62 miles each way is one heck of a journey if you do not leave work until 5pm. Just a LITTLE CONSIDERATION AND COMMON SENSE  when arranging the fixtures would avoid this set of circumstances. It really does make me think that a league devoted to Cornish teams only would be a much better scenario. There is no advantage from what I can see of having to trek into Devon to play, the teams are no better and the crowds no larger - in fact I maintain that when teams are playing more local football, the atmosphere is more charged and there is much more interest from the supporter point of view. Also expenses of travel would be cut drastically. The cornwall fa  could help by not bringing refs from Exeter along with their expenses to officiate !

I consider that 62 miles each way is one heck of a journey if you do not leave work until 5pm. Just a LITTLE CONSIDERATION AND COMMON SENSE  when arranging the fixtures would avoid this set of circumstances. It really does make me think that a league devoted to Cornish teams only would be a much better scenario. There is no advantage from what I can see of having to trek into Devon to play, the teams are no better and the crowds no larger - in fact I maintain that when teams are playing more local football, the atmosphere is more charged and there is much more interest from the supporter point of view. Also expenses of travel would be cut drastically. The cornwall fa  could help by not bringing refs from Exeter along with their expenses to officiate !

Well, let's play with leather balls and shorts down to our knees! Been there Big Al, done that. You're one of the dinosaurs. We need to be forward thinking. Yes the league system in the South-west needs to be restructured, but to push on up the pyramid, not slither down to the old inbred Southwestern league.