Cornwall Football Forum

October run for Plymouth Parkway

Fact is its a results business and with their budget parkway should be getting better results. In saying that Kevin hendy does bring sponsorship/money into the club through business contacts

think he will only get the boot if the club can attract a top manager out of retirement such as Dave Leonard

Fact is its a results business and with their budget parkway should be getting better results. In saying that Kevin hendy does bring sponsorship/money into the club through business contacts

think he will only get the boot if the club can attract a top manager out of retirement such as Dave Leonard

Alot of clubs in this league have good budgets, & most are struggling so what Kev Hendy is doing at Parkway is no different to most other clubs. There can only be one team top at the end of the season. 

You normally find that the team that wins the league have top quality players in every position and on the bench. I am affraid Parkway do not have this , so poor results will happen. The likes of Bodmin and St Austell are much stronger this season and are much more consistent. Parkway have had good games and then followed them by a poor one.

The Parkway team on saturday was not the strongest and i thought some of the players where not up to Parkways usual class players the young lad Thompson had a poor game as did Kane and a few othere where is the likes of Bass,Coulton ,and Danny Lewis and Paul Heveren being on the bench was a surprise i do like the big centre forward Mike Smith hes a good player but the Parkway defence isnt as strong as it use tobe they miss Gavin Coulton badly 

I have to agree Parkway have not been up to the standard of recent years but that's not a direct fault of the manager. The players need to stand up and be counted when times are tough. A few of the so called senior players need to lead from the front and not look around for a newer player to blame when things are going bad. They have played some good football this year (albeit in the wrong areas) but teams have worked out their master plan and counter acted it. The team behind the scenes work tirelessly to find the funds for these players and I think it would be good if the players could at least repay them in results. From me having watched quite a few games this year and the players who have stood out are for me are:'Jamie Bass, Mike Landricombe, John Heveren and Ruben Kane. Those have never given less then 110% in every game. Ok it doesn't always go right but that's football.  In my opinion Getting rid of Kev Hendy would not solve the problems, he is an honest guy trying his best. Maybe the back room staff should be shook up to ensure total support to Kev.  

They live to fight another game as i just seen  Parkways game at Blaise Park this evening against St.Blazey has been Postponed due to floodlight failure! It was Postponed last night it seems which must leave Parkway officials  baffled as to why call it off so soon? Maybe Paul can shed some light..

Lol. ...........  It would not make any sense to change the Management this early in the season.  As I said before , this is not professional footy ha ha.

Give the lads a fair chance.