Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge v St Blazey OFF tonight!

Probably played on it on Saturday, usually means its nackered for a few weeks.

I seem to recall that this ground has been a problem since inception. Did they they not play all the home games away one season because there was no grass ?!

Also I recall they had no floodlights. Being a Devon side they would naturally get away with it !

Looking like it will be off next week as well. So looking likely the fixture will be reversed and played at St Blazey in a couple weeks time. 

From Phil's post on the League website:

"Just setting up a thread for Tuesday Nights Two Walter C Parson Cup ties – Ivybridge Town v St Blazey and Liskeard Athletic v Godolphin Atlantic.

I am away from my desk Monday and into Tuesday so will update with any news via my phone etc.

IF either is off then they go to next week, Tuesday 8th December, Cup rules for the league cup give home teams 3 options to stage the tie, this week is both clubs 2nd attempt, if off again on Tuesday 8th then the away sides will be given the chance to stage the tie."

Looking like it will be off next week as well. So looking likely the fixture will be reversed and played at St Blazey in a couple weeks time. 

"Just setting up a thread for Tuesday Nights Two Walter C Parson Cup ties – Ivybridge Town v St Blazey and Liskeard Athletic v Godolphin Atlantic.

I am away from my desk Monday and into Tuesday so will update with any news via my phone etc.

IF either is off then they go to next week, Tuesday 8th December, Cup rules for the league cup give home teams 3 options to stage the tie, this week is both clubs 2nd attempt, if off again on Tuesday 8th then the away sides will be given the chance to stage the tie."

Why should this be called off again. If the host club cannot come up to standard with its ground then they should forfeit the game   -  end of story!

Same for all clubs Big Al, every club gets 3 attempts to get their fixture played in this competition. Have you not noticed the amount of rainfall in recent weeks! Witheridge was also a wash out last weekend

Don't be silly, big al would play if the pitch was under a foot of water. He wouldn't even notice he had gone to a water polo match.

tonight game is ON 1 Dec 15

Why should this be called off again. If the host club cannot come up to standard with its ground then they should forfeit the game   -  end of story!

big al....... Get in the real world.....  Do you think that they planned the weather, they have worked hard to get the ground up to standard required....

Why shoould they forfeit the game!! Read the rules and then come on here with a solution....