Cornwall Football Forum

Applications for Western League

As far as I have read you have the correct deadline of December 31st, will be interesting to see the applications and I would like to see former SWPL side Buckland Athletic make the jump up to Southern League Division One South and West but they will need to keep up good league form.

As far as I have read you have the correct deadline of December 31st, will be interesting to see the applications and I would like to see former SWPL side Buckland Athletic make the jump up to Southern League Division One South and West but they will need to keep up good league form.

About time Bodmin made the move - would make the swpl much more competitive amongst the remaining teams!

Hope Bodmin dont leave the s w premier league they are good to watch better if the devon teams left the league and teams like ILLOGAN ,STICKER AND ST DENNIS took there places and ST Blazey dont get relegated 

THAT IS TRUE!

Is that a first?? Mr Toy agreeing with someone.!

I just think that an all Cornish league would encourage more support with much less travelling involved both for players and spectators.

Hope Bodmin dont leave the s w premier league they are good to watch better if the devon teams left the league and teams like ILLOGAN ,STICKER AND ST DENNIS took there places and ST Blazey dont get relegated 

THAT IS TRUE!

I just think that an all Cornish league would encourage more support with much less travelling involved both for players and spectators.

and less money on "expenses" 

THAT IS TRUE!

I agree with Big Al . Would love to see Parkway move to a Devon / southern league.

Edited by THE BALD ONE

We might as well rename the League to reflect it's "Cornish" exclusivity - an isolationist, pulling up the drawbridge attitude just doesn't fit in today's football world. Welcoming clubs from Devon provides the opportunity of better quality football for the spectator. It's fantastic that Cornwall-based clubs visit places like   Exmouth and Cullompton and I've never heard any travelling fan moaning about the distances involved - it's quite simply a great fun and inexpensive day out and much looked forward to every other week. 

How come woman's soccer teams have no problem travelling out the county neither do the dart teams they were in Cambridgeshire last week  even the bowls teams travel far and wide yet when it comes to men's soccer they say they can't afford it . Absolute rubbish they just haven't got the balls. A club should have two chances to go up if they don't take the second one they should be relegated  cornish football is stagnant.

Is there any point in having a pyramid system. Leeds United talks about there being relegation because teams finish bottom because they are not good enough. Therefore why not insist on promotion because the champions finished top because they were too good for the league !!

We might as well rename the League to reflect it's "Cornish" exclusivity - an isolationist, pulling up the drawbridge attitude just doesn't fit in today's football world. Welcoming clubs from Devon provides the opportunity of better quality football for the spectator. It's fantastic that Cornwall-based clubs visit places like   Exmouth and Cullompton and I've never heard any travelling fan moaning about the distances involved - it's quite simply a great fun and inexpensive day out and much looked forward to every other week. 

Well said sir - absolutely agree. 

All very well if you do not work on Saturday mornings! Also journeying into mid Devon is NOT inexpensive and would certainly take a junk out of ones fixed weeklky income.

Money can't be a problem most of bodmin team come from plymouth  they don't travel for a better standard of football so it must be for reward  the boy krac and the chap who plays up front Neal i think his name is are far too good for this league. So money must be the only reason maybe bodmin should be renamed plymouth nomads lol.

Is there any point in having a pyramid system. Leeds United talks about there being relegation because teams finish bottom because they are not good enough. Therefore why not insist on promotion because the champions finished top because they were too good for the league !!

The financial implications of moving from SWPL to Western League are far greater than moving from SWPL East or West to the Premier Division. Whats up Panda, are we to good for everyone & you want Bodmin out :ph34r:

I think personally if a club can afford to pay players certain amounts of money why don't they cut the playing budget by half and supply a bus for away games job done Bodmin would easily hold there own in the league above and maybe more sponsors would come on board because their business would be reaching further afield just a thought 

What would be the point of forcing Bodmin Town to go up? All (or virtually all) of their players would sign for another SW Peninsula League side the next season instead of doing the extra travelling, and we'd be back to square one.

I am not so sure because what other club would pay the wages Bodmin do except St Austell perhaps.

Personally I do not care who wins the league as I have no allegiance to any club. All I am saying is what is the point of promotion/relegation if it is going to be a one way street. You might as well go back to the south western league days of no promotion/relegation and have a closed shop.

Personally I do not care who wins the league as I have no allegiance to any club. All I am saying is what is the point of promotion/relegation if it is going to be a one way street. You might as well go back to the south western league days of no promotion/relegation and have a closed shop.

This would be the best arrangement!

This would be the best arrangement!

I thought you preferred an all CORNISH set-up?

Pointless discussion for a pointless league in the Pyrimid system. No progression from this league will be looked at by the FA and more than likely remove it from Pyrimid system, therefore no more entry into FA vase and FA cup competitions

Every other sport in Plymouth/Cornwall functions in a national league and most people I know who are swimmers, athletes, play basketball or rugby for local clubs in national leagues do it for the love of the sport and challenging themselves at a higher level. Most even contribute towards travel expenses, but of course local footballs primadonnas would drop a club like a stone if a club down the road offered them £1 more in their brown envelope 

Pointless discussion for a pointless league in the Pyrimid system. No progression from this league will be looked at by the FA and more than likely remove it from Pyrimid system, therefore no more entry into FA vase and FA cup competitions

Every other sport in Plymouth/Cornwall functions in a national league and most people I know who are swimmers, athletes, play basketball or rugby for local clubs in national leagues do it for the love of the sport and challenging themselves at a higher level. Most even contribute towards travel expenses, but of course local footballs primadonnas would drop a club like a stone if a club down the road offered them £1 more in their brown envelope 

Since when has it been any different though?