Cornwall Football Forum

No promotion for Bodmin Town

Come on Big Al, surely it depends on how much homework you have to mark. Fine if you're a P.E. teacher I guess, but what about academic subjects. Besides which, O.K. getting there when schools out at 3-30, but what about an 8-30 start the next morning with a hangover, when you got home at 0230 after extra time, penalties and a few celebratory shots?

Come on Big Al, surely it depends on how much homework you have to mark. Fine if you're a P.E. teacher I guess, but what about academic subjects. Besides which, O.K. getting there when schools out at 3-30, but what about an 8-30 start the next morning with a hangover, when you got home at 0230 after extra time, penalties and a few celebratory shots?

A bit dramatic. The homework scenario is not every evening and is a very flexible arrangement from what I UNDERSTAND and an 8.30 start is late to what most of us start!

You want us gone to make it easier for your own clubs, try & be better than us, reach our standards, instead of trying to egg us on out of the league!! Its not going to happen, we laugh at you guys on weekends & your comments. We are top, cant catch us on the pitch so try & slate us off it! :yahoo:

Us being top hurts you more than us not going to the Western

Bodmin have got two or three teachers in their squad and they would find it just about impossible to make long midweek fixtures as you just can't take a few hours off work as you've got kids to teach. I recall that Bideford had a similar problem recently when they couldn't fulfil their fixtures as their teachers couldn't get time off and let's face it their travelling is easier than Bodmin's although they're higher up the pyramid. 

Is it worth busting the club when you don't have to?

It's not necessarily a lack of ambition sometimes it's just a reality check. 

:Cant see why it would bust any club  bit more travelling that's about it, as for this teacher thing ,l reffed with teachers for years and they never had a problem. get away by 4.30 make 7.45 kick off in Somerset easily. The thing that make clubs go bust usually is the players budget if you can afford that you should be ok with the rest.

Schools finish at 3pm!

Its 8:20 pm and Im still doing school work, not sure ur argument is a good one mate !!

MQx

A bit dramatic. The homework scenario is not every evening and is a very flexible arrangement from what I UNDERSTAND and an 8.30 start is late to what most of us start!

Didn't realise that you'd UNDERSTAND Big Al, never had you down as a Headmistress!

I don't know any PE teachers that finish at 4.30pm. We've all got clubs every night after school that take us up until at least then. Some away matches we get back 5.30 ish that's before we make sure the kids are all ok to go and then put the kit in to wash. 

Don't think I'd make it to an away match on time unless I was at Penryn or Truro. 

It's odd that those who seem to know all about what hours we work have the most to say. 

For the record if you want to see when I start pop by the PE office at our school tomorrow morning at 7.30 Big Al and I'll happily make you a cup of tea. 

I must say teachers work stressful long hours, I know because my daughter teaches and is often still going at 10.00 and also most of the weekend. Maybe on match night they could work around it or not play,won't always be away  and wouldn't be that often. Not really much of an argument lots of people work awkward hours. Not sure what this has got to do with the pyramid system  if it's difficult either don't play or play when it's convenient, you know what would be required before you sign on . No brainer really

Edited by hoppit
Spelling