18 Elburton            19   4    2    13   21   61  -40  14 
 19 Camelford           18   1    6    11   20   54  -34  9 
 20 St Blazey           19   1    2    16   21   68  -47  5 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Cornwall Senior Cup: 7.30pm
Bodmin Town  P-P    Mousehole
St Austell      3-1     Penryn Athletic

Parkway 2 - Stoke 1.

Poor game to watch last night in the cold.  Have not had a game for ages and it showed. Amazing how a team can be 1 nil up after 40 mins and not had a shot on target ?

Stokes goal went right in from the corner lol. Second half was not much better. Parkway scored , the striker went to retrieve the ball from the net and all hell broke loose. The striker was knocked to the floor and kicked several times underneath the large group of players. After the ref spoke to the sleeping linesman , he then sent the striker off and a Stoke player ?  Not sure how that should of happened.  He then awarded a goal kick ha ha. Then realising it was a goal , he awarded it.  I think if the Parkway players had kept quiet he would have not given the goal. Comedy of errors lol. I don't normally complain about paying a fiver to watch , but felt mugged off last night. Both teams all over the place and the passing was awful.  ( even if you have not played for ages , you should not forget how to pass a ball ) .

Sorry but that's how it was.  I will still be there Saturday lmao.  The new pathway was great too. The whole ground looked great.

Though the pitch was in excellent condition , well done Gaz mate.

Play poor and get 3 points. Perhaps its not as bad as I thought.

Cmon Parkway.

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Parkway 2 - Stoke 1.

Poor game to watch last night in the cold.  Have not had a game for ages and it showed. Amazing how a team can be 1 nil up after 40 mins and not had a shot on target ?

Stokes goal went right in from the corner lol. Second half was not much better. Parkway scored , the striker went to retrieve the ball from the net and all hell broke loose. The striker was knocked to the floor and kicked several times underneath the large group of players. After the ref spoke to the sleeping linesman , he then sent the striker off and a Stoke player ?  Not sure how that should of happened.  He then awarded a goal kick ha ha. Then realising it was a goal , he awarded it.  I think if the Parkway players had kept quiet he would have not given the goal. Comedy of errors lol. I don't normally complain about paying a fiver to watch , but felt mugged off last night. Both teams all over the place and the passing was awful.  ( even if you have not played for ages , you should not forget how to pass a ball ) .

Sorry but that's how it was.  I will still be there Saturday lmao.  The new pathway was great too. The whole ground looked great.

Though the pitch was in excellent condition , well done Gaz mate.

Play poor and get 3 points. Perhaps its not as bad as I thought.

Cmon Parkway.

Never mind young man, only another 24 matches to go. It could be worse mate, you could be living right in the middle of Arsenal country (you can hear the Emirates from our road). They were strutting around on Sunday afternoon like they had won the league.

Seriously though, do you think that this season should have an * after it in the record books to indicate "weather affected"? With the amount of the season that has been disrupted, the league must have a strange feeling about it and the volume of fixture pile up must mean that there will be some strange end of season results. With a match every three days between now and May (and the strong chance of more postponements to come if the rain comes down again), some of the games could just come down to who can get 11 fit and available players on the pitch.

Excellent summary Bald One - may be the referee was as confused as we were, as to how a referee from Hayle was given the only league match that  evening, he was probably still thinking is this what grass roots help is about.:SM_carton:

I was behind the goal for all goals and he did send off the wrong players, he missed the player who started the trouble, the keeper who kicked the player as the player was retrieving the ball. The other player then was trying to separate them. Then as you say he forgot about the goal until the crowd, the bench and all were shouting at him. The keeper was talking to the supporters behind the goal while all this was being sorted and admitted kicking the player and said, wrong two sent off. But I have no doubt the refs report will say the correct words for the sending offs, and as we know there is not really any appeal.

He also got the Stoke goal wrong as Bowker dragged the keeper into the goal as it came over from the corner, preventing him from getting the ball - but that seems to be allowed in today's football.

All in all not really worth the journey Mr D'Arcy:SM_carton:

I truly didn't know we had the circus in Plymouth this week, but we must have, as one of their clowns was appointed as referee for the Plymouth Parkway v Stoke Gabriel game. To think this clown had travelled all the way Hayle to officiate the game, as it entitled him to claim some juicy expenses.

In view of the recent weather, the pitch looked in really good shape and the groundsman should be congratulated on his efforts to get the game on.

In my view, Parkway deserved this victory as the Stoke Gabriel goal was scored as a result of blatant fouling by their stiker on the home goalkeeper..

Parkway have a long list of fixtures to fullfil in a very short period of time and this victory was a good start.