Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS SALTASH

Well the G march on to the next round this was what you call a proper football match blood and guts tackles flying in some fare some not but a hell of a good game by both sides and the best goalkeeping display i have seen from a goalie in a long time Saltash goalie Simon May made some unbelievable saves this afternon . The G stareted well and Alex Cole missed a sitter from a Kyle Brown pull back and the Saltash NO3 Menhenick made a hell of a clearance off the line for Saltash 1st half pretty even with both goalies playing really well 2nd HALF started at  terriffic pace and wasnt long before the GS Phil Lowry smashed in a unstoppable drive even though goalie May got his fingers to Phils tremendous shot , then the penalty which the Saltash players disputed i couldnt tell from where i was standing .The tackles where flying in and Aarran Dilley was lucky to escape with just a shredded sock when it  could of been a leg break but Aaran is a tough bugger and doesnt take no prisoners with some of his tackles .  Saltash are a real  good side and have some outsanding playes the pick for me obviously the goalie May and the No3 Menhenick i was wandering where the bald centre half Toby Clark was he always has a good game when i have seen him play .Well done to Tanya for doing well to get this game on but you got a hell of a job to get this pitch in a good way for the next match . My man of the match goes to Sean Semmens for saving the G IN THE 1ST half with severel good save but the overall mom is Saltash goalie 1 hell of a display from Simon MAY . Good refereeing display who had his work cut out today 

In a game played on a sodden, muddy pitch, the G came out winners thanks to a fine shot from Phil Lowry from around 22 yards which flew into the top right of the goal giving the Saltash 'keeper no chance. Another goal, scored by Ross Fallens from the penalty spot on 77 mins put this tie to bed for the G.

The difficult conditions made life tricky for both sides and credit must go to the Saltash 'keeper for three fine second-half saves to keep them in with a chance, though it was not to be.

Several players performed well under the conditions, though my MOM goes to Phil Lowry who showed great skill in scoring the opening goal.