Cornwall Football Forum

Easter Groundhop 2016

Hi 

I will be down for the Hop and will have the charity programme stalll, where programmes will be 4 for a quid, so please come and say hello to us, as you may be aware I run the Notts Senior League Groundhop which takes place on 29/30th April in the Nottinghamshire area, I will have tickets with me for that as well. I am down in cornwall coming down on the Thursday for the St Austell game and down for 2 weeks holiday so after the hop, I will be looking for new clubs to go and visit as well. Ive been to all the SWPL Hop over the years and is my favourite, Phil  is a great organiser and I hope folks turn out and support the event and the clubs

Helston Athletic look forward to welcoming all ground hoppers and supporters to Kellaway Park on Friday 25th March (Good Friday) for our home fixture against local rivals Falmouth Town. KO 7:00 pm. 

For those who haven't visited 'Blues HQ' in recent times, we hope you are surprised by the recent ground improvements.  

For anyone who has experienced these events before, I'm sure you will agree that it's a "one in an age chance for a club to promote itself and benefit financially. The key thing is to be prepared before the event and organised on the day.

Just to remind everyone of the games involved over Easter ;-

Maundy Thursday 24th March:

7.45pm                       SWP Premier           

St Austell                   v          St Blazey

Good Friday 25th March:

11am                          SWP West                

Illogan RBL               v          Penryn Athletic

3pm                            SWP West                 Wendron United      v          Porthleven

7pm                            SWP Premier            Helston Athletic        v          Falmouth Town

Saturday 26th March:

10.30am                    SWP West                 Sticker                        v          Wadebridge Tn

1.15pm                       SWP West                

St Dennis                  v          Millbrook

4.45pm                       SWP West                 Bude Town               v          Holsworthy

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Let's hope for a dry evening and a big crowd in St Austell and hopefully St Blazey can give em a good thumping. Well.....no harm in dreaming. 

Think that is known as a 'Pipe Dream' Paul! You could not beat Elburton at home last weekend & cut further adrift at the bottom now with Camelford winning, you be lucky to score at Poltair!! As Roy Orbison once said 'Dream Dream Dream' .

Be good for Bodmin if that Dream come true! :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Think that is known as a 'Pipe Dream' Paul! You could not beat Elburton at home last weekend & cut further adrift at the bottom now with Camelford winning, you be lucky to score at Poltair!! As Roy Orbison once said 'Dream Dream Dream' .

Be good for Bodmin if that Dream come true! :thumbsup:

I could have the wrong song as it was before my time but wasn't that the Everly Brothers?

"All I Have To Do Is Dream", "I Have A Dream", "In Dreams", "Dream On Dreamer", "Dreams" - they all have the same meaning but with St Blazey unbeaten in two games, it could be possible!

41 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

"All I Have To Do Is Dream", "I Have A Dream", "In Dreams", "Dream On Dreamer", "Dreams" - they all have the same meaning but with St Blazey unbeaten in two games, it could be possible!

Anything is possible Willow, 'Dreams can come true' :thumbsup:

With Camelford winning & having two games in hand i think Big Reg will keep the Camels up. I can see St.Blazey swapping leagues with St.Dennis or Sticker. 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Well I'm on my way home from Barnet. I've now seen all 3 off Argyles away defeats this season. Tonight's injuries could cost Argyle big time. Not a good performance. 

A genuine football fan to travel away on a Tuesday night Paul, credit to you! Leeds got dipped 4-0 on Monday at Brighton, i personally would of asked for my money back, long way back to Yorkshire from the South Coast

Apart from the football, a good day out. Minibus up. Straight on the tube, back down to Wembley. Quick look round. Then off around London and into Leicester Square. Met up with couple other mates who live away these days. Then back up to Barnet for the football. Arrived home at 3am. 

Argyle need to pick up soon with big games against Oxford and Accrington coming up. Nice little set up at Barnet. Lots of training pitches around their current ground. But seeing as there was over 1000 from Argyle there last night, Barnet are really struggling for crowds. Only 2500 there in total. Barnet have a good manager in Martin Allen. He's got a decent record. 

As for Leeds, they continue to struggle. Watched some of that game on Monday. I'd like to see Brighton go up. See another new club reach the top flight. Leeds need to get things right now going into next season.