Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup semis details

Semi-Final.Helston v Newquay or Bodmin

No venue announced by CCFA-guessing it could be Mount Wise if Bodmin progress

Treyew Road looks the most equidistant venue but again guessing they are saving that for the Final as Truro are away on Easter Monday.

I could be "Barking up the wrong tree" but will see what pans out.

4 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Treyew Road looks the most equidistant venue but again guessing they are saving that for the Final as Truro are away on Easter Monday.

Poltair Park would not surprise me if it's Helston v Bodmin in the Semi Finals

I was going to walk up and watch Newquay vs Bodmin tonight but giving it a miss my eyes get really bad with the floodlights so its a night in watching Arsenal vs the great Barcelona , Hope Newquay put up a better show last time Bodmin was at Mt Wise but cant see it Bodmin are even stronger with ex Argyle player River Allen there now im going for a 8-0 WIN to Bodmin Rocky Neale with 4 be nice to see Newquay win but cant see that happening 

22 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Mount Wise,Newquay-next Tuesday 1st.March

The people looking after the pitch at St Blazey have got it looking very nice. After Saturdays match you could have gone straight out and played another match. In fact there was another match on the Sunday I believe. Shouldn't be a problem for tomorrow that's for sure. Massive game with the bottom 6 all playing each other. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Lets hope the Blaise Park pitch holds up  well tomorrow so Bodmin Senior Cup Semi Final Game goes ahead there midweek! More rain forecast for Monday/Tuesday. Nothing worse than a semi final played on a farmers field surface. You will be busy Paul..:thumbsup:

It's St Austell and Godolphin who are playing at Blaise Park, Bodmin take on Helston at Mount Wise in Newquay

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2016 at 12:48, Mike Odgers said:

As predicted The C.Senior Cup Final to be staged at Treyew Road, the home of a club that doesn't participate in the competition.

From the CCFA website, which sort of explains why the final is at Truro:

"We are delighted to announce that Truro City will host this years Cornwall Senior Cup Final

Cornwall FA are delighted to announce that Truro City FC will host the Cornwall Senior Cup Final sponsored by Macsalvors Crane Hire, between Bodmin Town and Godolphin Atlantic at Treyew Road on Easter Monday 28th March 2016 - 2pm kick off.

This is particularly apt with this being the last season that Cornwall FA will be able to utilise Treyew Road.

Cornwall FA would like to thank Truro City FC for allowing us to use their excellent facilities for our Senior Cup Final and for supporting the Cornwall County U18's Representative Team this season, along with Helical Retail.

A match review of the Senior Cup Final between Bodmin Town and Godolphin Atlantic will be published early next week."

All part of the package with the County Youth home games and their coach travel to away games -perhaps?

As there is no duel Senior/Junior Cup finals on the same day this time, which in the past host clubs would have had to set up temporary changing to cover four teams.

Another break from Easter Monday tradition is that other football will be played in Cornwall on the day at Wendron amd Millbrook

Does this mean that Cornwall F A will be keeping same entrance fee as in all other rounds or will Truro once again be allowed to charge what they want as they did last time I went there for Bodmin v Camelford final a few years ago !! No doubt next year final will be at Truro's new ground at a bumped up entrance fee !!

6 hours ago, beacon said:

Does this mean that Cornwall F A will be keeping same entrance fee as in all other rounds or will Truro once again be allowed to charge what they want as they did last time I went there for Bodmin v Camelford final a few years ago !! No doubt next year final will be at Truro's new ground at a bumped up entrance fee !!

Next year, Truro's new ground? You're havin' a laugh, I can't see the Senior Cup at Plainmoor, surely it wouldn't be allowed (although a quick change of the rules.....). A Senior Cup Final at Truro's new ground in Cornwall is, I'm afraid, a long way off!