13 Porthleven          21   5    2    14   23   60  -37  17 
 14 Wadebridge          16   3    5    8    23   39  -16  14 
 15 Illogan             19   4    2    13   32   66  -34  14 
 16 Millbrook           17   1    2    14   22   63  -41  5 
 17 Vospers             17   1    2    14   28   90  -62  5 
---------------------------------------------------------------
23/02/2016       Porthleven         2 - 1    Wadebridge 
---------------------------------------------------------------

The second half made up for a poor first half but the over-fussy refereeing saw an inevitable red card to a Newquay player which pretty much ended their hopes. The abuse that Steve Nute received on the line from the Bodmin bench I thought was undeserved and the number of times the f-word was used, makes me wonder how much it has to be used before action is taken. There were several instances where both teams were denied obvious corners but the torrent of abuse wasn't needed. 

Full credit to Newquay for making Bodmin work for their win.

Not one to slag refs off but a bit ironic when Nutey was getting all that effing and blinding from the bench tonight that one of the nicest guys and managers in football John Peters got sent from the dugout at Porthleven tonight for saying "that was embarrassing ref" and he wasn't wrong to be honest!!! ?  Too be honest apart from a couple of decisions the ref was decent. Tough old job, got respect for anyone who does it and nice to have a bit of banter with Jimmy OBrien running the Port line. What a servant to Cornish football, still got that flag on a spring after all these years!!!  ?

On a more positive note great to see Gala Parc in great shape, some lovely old friends and two teams full of youngsters!!! Not sure I've ever seen such a young SWL match. Good on the managers, that's what it's all about!!?⚽️ Counted 17 teenagers in both squads! ?  Steve "Fraggles" Allen must have been proud to see 6 of his Culdrose U16 team from last season on the pitch including son Joel. ?

Hi Rappo,

Yes it was good to see so many of my Culdrose u16s youth team playing senior football, they are all a credit to their supporting familes. The game itself seemed be another youth game loi with so many youngsters!! It was a a decent game but did not help either manager with Port missing a few regulars as well as Wadebridge but overall a good game of which the young16/17 yrs old will gain experience which will put them in good shape in the future.

Think Port just shaded it in the end but was good to see so many youngster playing, hopefully Port have turned the corner now with 2 wins on the bounce and I think Charlie and          Darryl  have got the boys playing with confidence again.

Great game at mount wise last night, end to end stuff. 11 v 11 very even, but soon as it went 10 v 11 Bodmin took control. I know we moan about the ref on here( I couldn't do the job). But I do feel they bring it on their selves. Last night it was played in a proper cup tie way full blooded and full hearted. Just before the Newquay sending off, which was a yellow card and it was his second, so fare do's. Newquay's No 10 was going through on goal and twenty yards out was brought down. Obvious sending off in the laws of the game. But the ref said there was a covering defender( which there was but was 3 yards behind the striker and last defender) and he was never going to stop the striker who's next touch would have been a shot, but didn't send him off. Then later on the No 8 for Bodmin who had already been booked blatantly dived ( which again in the laws of the game is a booking ) which would of been his second. Again I do feel for refs but they do bring it on there selves. All the best to Bodmin in the rest of the comp, who I do feel are the best side in the lge on their day. To Newquay if they keep that momentum up should find them selves creeping up the lge out of danger

A cracking game at Mount Wise last night with 120 minutes of end-to-end football with Bodmin deservedly just getting the better of it.

Some odd notes:

Luke Weldhen's two goals were absolutely world class, and had a third of similar ilk gone in and not hit the crossbar, it would probably have been the best hat trick I've ever seen

At least one of Bodmin's goals was also of excellent quality, a cross field ball by Neal finding Carter in space and a fine finish

Why did the Bodmin no. 2 not get sent off when bringing the Newquay forward down when straight through on goal? Even the Bodmin supporters I stood near in the second half fully expected the red card to be flourished as it was surely denying a clear goalscoring opportunity (the other defender was never going to get there to stop him on time).

Of course shortly after, to add insult to injury, Newquay had their no. 8 sent off for two yellow cards, both of which looked clear yellows to me.

There is a small group of Bodmin supporters that were an absolute disgrace, they were standing about the halfway line and I spent a few minutes behind them exhorting their players to break Newquay players' legs etc. Of course when your own keeper after seeing one of his players get cleanly tackled shouts "Next time he does that, kick him in the ****** air" perhaps they're just following his example. I moved away within a couple of minutes and found myself standing near a bunch of far more supportive and reasonably-viewed Bodmin fans for the second half.

Overall a good night out, superb value for a fiver and good luck to Bodmin in the Semi-Final.