Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Semi @ St.Blazey.

Just checked with the Office and this evenings match at St.Blazey is very much ON.  :thumbsup:

With a large crowd expected there were be two entry points. One the usual and two 'the big gate' beside will be ajar also.

As usual most supporters arrive minutes before kick off causing a long queue. Best for everyone to bring the right money, and get there a bit earlier.  It's £4 for Adults and £2 for OAP's and Under 16's.

The quicker we can take the money ( and not by scrambling for change ) the quicker you get into the ground.  :c:

Just a personal opinion, but with pension ages varying now and a good many people who have retired being better off than a good many younger supporters on minimum wage - i think it is time that the entry fee was simply £4 for any adult.

I would also personally allow under 16s in free to encourage them to attend matches.

This would also help from a practical point of view when manning the gate.

3 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Just a personal opinion, but with pension ages varying now and a good many people who have retired being better off than a good many younger supporters on minimum wage - i think it is time that the entry fee was simply £4 for any adult.

I would also personally allow under 16s in free to encourage them to attend matches.

This would also help from a practical point of view when manning the gate.

Good to have your opinion Paul.  'Food for thought' next time the Competitions Committee meets.

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

Good to have your opinion Paul.  'Food for thought' next time the Competitions Committee meets.

Really not sure that this is the way to go on either front. Paul may have been lucky/industrious enough to have built himself up a nice little pension pot, but the vast majority of Cornish pensioners have worked a lifetime on minimal wages and survive on the, less than generous, State Pension. They have earned, and deserve their concessions.

As to the under sixteens, if you want to turn your grandstands into youth shelters for gangs of kids to chill out, smoke and worse, at no charge, that's up to you, but please don't impose it on the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Agree with you Paul . How are we going to manage it when some people retire at 65 and in a few yrs 68 and then 70 and 75 . Under 16s free with paying adult . Under 18s reduced if still at college 

If you're say 24 and at college would that be reduced too?

Great result well done the G army brilliant result Be back at Godolphin way very soon up in London at the moment just over the moon for you all i expect Tanya is doing cart wheels around Blaise Park think a few lemonades will be sunk at the Godolphin Arms tonight briliiant so excited .Now onto the Easter final dont know if dogs are allowed in Truros ground but i will be there . Now to beat Ivybridge for another final if  the G can stop Bodmins  Rocky Neale in the final  well they got a hell of a chance of winning 2 trophies and coming 3rd  in the league  not bad for a pub side .Looking forward to getting back in Newquay and smelling the lovely sea air all i can smell is curry up here and all u can here is bloody foreign voices im so lucky to live in Gods county wouldnt want to live anywhere else this is a special place .

Great performance by Godolphin. St Austell got going quickly with the wind at their backs and Liam Eddy put them ahead with a real cracker from distance. Feared for G at that time but they fought their way back into the game and thoroughly deserved their equaliser from the spot by Fallens.

Godolphin continued to play well after the break and went ahead through Kyle Brown's excellent finish. More even thereafter with St Austell bypassing midfield and punting long balls forward but G held firm with Rigby going close from distance on several occasions.

Decent penalty shouts for each side but neither given. Referee did well to maintain order in the face of persistent intimidation and wingeing from St Austell, which is a very disappointing trait for a team including some genuine footballing talent. Godolphin matched them in all aspects and thoroughly deserved their narrow win. Unfair to pick MOM from great team effort. Congratulations to all!

I thought Godolphin just about deserved their win tonight. I thought Shaun Semmens was extremely lucky the times he came charging out of goal, receiving a yellow card on one excursion and three minutes into injury time I was expecting St Austell to be given a penalty but fortunately it meant getting home early to warm up.

It was a shame that the teams weren't announced on the tannoy and I hope the changing room door isn't too badly damaged! :c:

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Great result well done the G army brilliant result Be back at Godolphin way very soon up in London at the moment just over the moon for you all i expect Tanya is doing cart wheels around Blaise Park think a few lemonades will be sunk at the Godolphin Arms tonight briliiant so excited .Now onto the Easter final dont know if dogs are allowed in Truros ground but i will be there . Now to beat Ivybridge for another final if  the G can stop Bodmins  Rocky Neale in the final  well they got a hell of a chance of winning 2 trophies and coming 3rd  in the league  not bad for a pub side .Looking forward to getting back in Newquay and smelling the lovely sea air all i can smell is curry up here and all u can here is bloody foreign voices im so lucky to live in Gods county wouldnt want to live anywhere else this is a special place .

Well done to the  G and all at Godolphin , good luck in the final,  at least Hayle lost to a finalist in an earlier round , hope you can take Smokie to the final and its not to cold on the day , a good  team and background staff .

, Great game last night sadly not the result i wanted but you cant win em all.  St Austell should have buried the Gs in the first half but couldnt get that second goal. Second half went 2 1 down with a great strike and tried everything to get our second goal.  How the ref didnt give us a penalty is beyond me semmons rugby tackled Eddy to the ground. Just was not to be good luck to the Gs in the final.  

Bodmin v Godolphin final no need for security for this should be at least 100 for the final.  Shame the junior cup wont be played on the same day would of bumped up the attendance!!!!!!!!!!! 

45 minutes ago, The unknown said:

, Great game last night sadly not the result i wanted but you cant win em all.  St Austell should have buried the Gs in the first half but couldnt get that second goal. Second half went 2 1 down with a great strike and tried everything to get our second goal.  How the ref didnt give us a penalty is beyond me semmons rugby tackled Eddy to the ground. Just was not to be good luck to the Gs in the final.  

Bodmin v Godolphin final no need for security for this should be at least 100 for the final.  Shame the junior cup wont be played on the same day would of bumped up the attendance!!!!!!!!!!! 

Better than spending Easter Monday in the armchair!! :yahoo:

What an amazing game last night from both sets of players incredible proud of all the boys our manager Andy Savage Jake Hartigan and our awesome supporters. In reply to the bald one Newquay supporters called us just a pub when we came into div 1 west be assured no one involved in the club finds it rude we drink in a pub not a club but some pub team we are very very proud of my personal involvement with the club and proud of everyone involved 

I noticed on the fixture list Godolphin are playin at Bodmin Satday 12th March 3pm ko i said i would never go to Bodmin ground because of the no dog rule but i just cant miss this game and will be there with Smokie dog staying in the car . This should be a good rehersal for the Easter Monday final both should be cracking games and not being nasty but maybe a few Bodmin players may pull a hamstring . I was wandering if Bodmin have a reserve goalie because the brilliant Kevin Miller has been there so long hes part of the fittings there im sure the G will show respect to him and just applaud a great keeper ,I went to the final at Wadebridge a couple of years ago and the Abuse Miller got was nasty rude and cruel .Final thing i would like to say hard luck to the St Austell lads last night they are a great bunch of lads and Smokie likes them . Back from London which is great its crazy up there 

Paul, one of your floodlight pylons only had one light working on it. I'm sure you are aware of it but a G fan did comment that it's been like that for a while. Agree with the comments on G's ground but Blaise Park, like many is looking a bit sorry for itself. It's good there are new grounds and improved facilities to keep things fresh for the ordinary fan.