11 Bude                15   6    3    6    32   28   4   21 
 12 Dobwalls            20   6    1    13   28   45  -17  19 
 13 Porthleven          23   5    2    16   24   65  -41  17 
 14 Wadebridge          20   3    6    11   26   49  -23  15 
 15 Illogan             21   4    3    14   37   78  -41  15 
 16 Millbrook           19   2    2    15   25   67  -42  8 
 17 Vospers             19   1    2    16   28   94  -66  5 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Cornwall Charity Cup Quarter Final: 7.30 (AT Godolphin)
St Dennis         3-2    Edgcumbe

On 13 March 2016 at 19:56, Bruegel the Elder said:

Gosh, you're quick off the mark this week Dave. I predict all home wins, apart from a couple of away wins and the odd draw. And I'm ALWAYS right. 

YESSS See I was absolutely spot on, apart for the home wins, the away wins and the lack of a draw that is. But apart from that..........!!!

2 minutes ago, Taniachairmangodolphin said:

I was very proud of the G boys last night having 6 regular players out our new signings and rest of the boys did us proud goals by Phil Lowry Kane Trevaskis and Ross Fallens mom Harrie Tilston thank you to Ivybridge for your hospitality next game Friday St Austell away ⚽️⚽️

Another semi final against St Austell to look forward to, this time at Liskeard.

Tavistock 6v0 St Blazey 

The scoreline suggests a thumping but it never felt like that. A goal straight from the centre circle after 4 seconds didn't help our cause. Hobbs smashing the ball catching Painter just off his line. Tavistock made it 2v0 before St Blazey got back into the game playing some decent football. Minutes before half time the ref awarded a penalty for St Blazey which was saved. With in a couple minutes it was 3v0. Had the penalty gone in it could have been so different. St Blazey started the second half very well. A break away goal made it 4 before we had a clear penalty turned down. Then we did get a penalty which hit the post and went back across the goal and cleared. Tavistock added two late goals which really Flattered them in the end. 

Disappointing that Tavistock didn't make any effort to make a match day program. Like wise at Ivybridge twice this season there have been no programs. Just a team sheet. Poor effort and dosnt reflect well on the club. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Tavistock 6v0 St Blazey 

The scoreline suggests a thumping but it never felt like that. A goal straight from the centre circle after 4 seconds didn't help our cause. Hobbs smashing the ball catching Painter just off his line. Tavistock made it 2v0 before St Blazey got back into the game playing some decent football. Minutes before half time the ref awarded a penalty for St Blazey which was saved. With in a couple minutes it was 3v0. Had the penalty gone in it could have been so different. St Blazey started the second half very well. A break away goal made it 4 before we had a clear penalty turned down. Then we did get a penalty which hit the post and went back across the goal and cleared. Tavistock added two late goals which really Flattered them in the end. 

Disappointing that Tavistock didn't make any effort to make a match day program. Like wise at Ivybridge twice this season there have been no programs. Just a team sheet. Poor effort and dosnt reflect well on the club. 

6-0 might not seem a thumping to you  Paul, but to any neutral who picks up the Western Morning News the scoreline reads 6-0. To anybody else that is an absolute 1st class Assing. What was so different from your trip to Exmouth 3 days previous? Thought you had maybe turned a corner. 

Tavistock didn't have any programmes for the Falmouth game either.

Regarding the match day program issue,  for some reason Tavistock have chosen this season not to produce one.

As for last night's match, St. Blazey had some good possession during the match. In the second half they pressed quite hard. I can see with the players that were on display,  they should pick up enough points to be safe. However, the only two clear chances that they created all match were the two penalties.  It may be all well and good to have a fair share of possession but it is what you do with that possession that counts.  On that point, St Blazey were unfortunately not good enough last night.

You could loose 1v0 and hardly get out your own half and not create a single chance and just be lucky they can't finish their chances. On paper that would be a narrow defeat. In reality it's a thumping because it's so one sided. 

As for not making a program, have Tavistock used all their budget up on players??? Poor effort. 

4th v bottom. Didn't expect to much there. We have bigger games still to play this season. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

You could loose 1v0 and hardly get out your own half and not create a single chance and just be lucky they can't finish their chances. On paper that would be a narrow defeat. In reality it's a thumping because it's so one sided. 

As for not making a program, have Tavistock used all their budget up on players??? Poor effort. 

4th v bottom. Didn't expect to much there. We have bigger games still to play this season. 

Maybe there is hope of getting something at St Austell on Maundy Thursday after all. Recent results (Tavistock excluded) suggest it could happen!

16 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Tavistock didn't have any programmes for the Falmouth game either.

It was exactly the same for Bodmin's visit a few weeks ago, no programmes had been produced by Tavistock for the game. I was rather disappointed.

2 hours ago, tango602 said:

It was exactly the same for Bodmin's visit a few weeks ago, no programmes had been produced by Tavistock for the game. I was rather disappointed.

I believe it is a League rule that clubs must issue a programme for each match, otherwise a fine will result if a club fails to do this. I have heard from a number of sources that Tavistock have not been producing programmes this season and offering a wide    variety of lame excuses for not doing so.  Saltash have had problems with their programme this season but to their credit they have followed the League's guidlines by issuing a 4 pager despite this. 

I suppose it is down to the fact that within some clubs nobody is prepared to give up some of their time in putting a programme together. Most clubs in the League make a really good effort in producing a worthwhile programme, Bodmin, St Austell, Newquay, Cullompton, Torpoint in the Premier Divsion, Wadebridge and Holsworthy in the West Division to name some. Camelford's programme is also worthy of mention produced by 15 year old Sam Brown. 

A programme is an important means of communicating information to a club's supporters   I don't think Tavistock have any real excuse (or excuses !) in their failure to produce a programme. For collectors like myself it is a necessary part of attending each match, I look forward to purchasing the programmes from the Groundhop matches next week  

Midlandlillywhite and programme collectors. 

There will be no need to purchase your programme at the Ground Hop game at Kellaway Park at Helston as all season we have been giving away a FREE colour programme to all spectators, and will be doing so again on Good Friday.

We will also have a limited number of programmes (for a small charge) from earlier home games in the season for sale, for those who want to add to their collections.  

Look forward to seeing everybody 

on Good Friday at 7:00 pm

, for what should be a cracking game against local rivals Falmouth Town. We are tied at one game each this season, so this will be the tie-breaker!

Paul Hendy 

Chairman 

Helston AFC

13 hours ago, Paul said:
6 hours ago, tango602 said:

6 hours ago, tango602 said:

I don't normally write on forums, but feel compelled to do so on this occasion as my Club - and me, as a Chairman (and the Club's printer!) - are being called out on an issue i.e. a lack of matchday programme.

I am quite shy by nature and probably one of the quietest and least visible Chairs in the league, rarely getting to away games as I man the gate for our Reserves when they are at home.  So I felt it was about time I put my head above the parapit and say HELLO - and thank you for talking about our Club.

I am well aware that we need to resolve the lack of programme and will do so in due course.  If anyone is genuinely interested I am happy to go deep into the reasons why we have barely managed more than a four-pager this past couple of seasons, but as it is quite a dry subject will instead give a brief explanation below that I hope will suffice for now.  And I am aware of the consequences with fines from the league. I work the gate and have been asked on a total of 17 occasions over the past four games for a programme (9 against Bodmin - I started tracking demand from this game).  Those 'lame' excuses given were mine - and I'm sorry to the collectors that we, and I, have fallen short of your expectations.  I take responsibility for the excuses, non-production of a programme and my personal opinion on the subject.  But before I offer an excuse, and there are always excuses, I'll give you some recent history:

Before being fast-tracked into the role of Chair and following the passing of my mum, who had served the Club previously, as had my dad before her, I committed myself when asked by the Chair and ex-Chair in the summer of 2011 to prepare a programme for the pre-season's QPR match (and for the season beyond).  I had never sold advertising and knew nothing of the world of print.  But I had about a month to learn both.  As it turns out  I've got a lot more to learn about football, but I listen well and have time on my side.

I was between jobs having moved back home during mum's final weeks, so set about following in the footsteps of the Club's previous commercial manager to get advertisers signed up.  I became a pest to local businesses and a thorn in the side of the local print company - that I have since bought - and produced a programme crammed with advertising, but very little else. It was like a brick, unpopular with regular supporters for its lack of club and league info, but reasonably well printed and generated a decent profit for the Club that season.  In recognition I was asked to join the Committee and accepted the offer as I didn't know many people in the town having been in London the past decade and needed a hobby!

I could see why they wanted fresh blood. With a perfect storm of an exhausted and dwindling Committee, a post-arson clubhouse rebuilding project beset by problem after problem (brilliantly handled under the circumstances by our then First Team manager Ian Southcott), a town full of independent businesses who could no longer justify the sponsorship of a struggling side, the resultant reduction in playing budget leading to a rapid exit of players and tumbling gates... plus all manner of longstanding issues that were bubbling to the surface and requiring urgent attention, the First team were relegated in 2013/14 and with virtually nobody left to handle some of these issues, my responsibilities as a new Committee member, a Vice Chair and finally Chair had grown exponentially and something had to give as we had to set our focus on promotion back to the Premier League, and the funding opportunities that creates versus remaining in Step 7 football.

And despite offers of support from well-meaning but ultimately ineffective commercial managers over recent seasons, we arrive toward the end of yet another season without a proper programme capable of developing sufficient advertising revenue to offset print costs and deliver a profit.  Of course, one could argue that other Clubs manage to make this work - I dare say other Chairs fund it.  And most don't own a print company! But without sufficient content and with too many other Club matters to attend to and costs to bear, I find myself having to accept that over the past four games, based on those levels of demand referenced above, we have probably missed out on £17 in programme sales. And, arguably, I must now submit a cheque of £80 to the league for failing to produce a programme spanning these fixtures.  But as has been pointed out by Paul and Nick, among others, surely there can be no excuse for a Club such as ours not to at least put together a programme?

Clearly, anyone who pulls up to Langsford Park could be forgiven for thinking that we are a wealthy Club, given the wonderful facilities we and our neighbours the Community Club, as well as our guests, enjoy on matchdays. It may not be known that these facilities are the culmination of two decades' worth of planning, debating and funding from OUTSIDE of the Club - supported by the Football Foundation, West Devon Borough Council and the FA / Sport England - and the collaboration under a single banner of what were formerly disparate footballing factions in our town.  Many Clubs in the Peninsula, Helston springs to mind, have been going through a similar transformation in recent times, thanks largely to external funding, some shrewd internal business, calculated risks, local sponsorship and a heck of a lot of volunteer support.  But that's not to say that there are loads of volunteers.  Frequently there are very few, it's just that they each move mountains to make things happen at their grounds for the Club they love.  Alas, many are not fundraisers, or given to produce programme content.  Some are and some do.  But we don't yet have those people in place.  However, with performances improving and a Clubhouse built out of the ashes and being used once again, our town is beginning to take note and new faces are turning up to watch the games and help share the burden of running a Facility that is bigger than we are at present.  We don't yet have those £4-figure sponsors or a wealth of home-grown talent and the gates are not yet hitting the numbers enjoyed by our fellow table-toppers, but we will get there.  And will improve in areas we are weak.  The programme being one.

Needless to say I was very impressed with how the Lambs performed against St Blazey.

Following a run of nine wins at the back end of 2015, the lads were narrowly beaten by Parkway before Christmas, then with seven from the next eight games postponed, punctuated by a single cup loss AET to Mousehole in mid January, we had six weeks without football before a disappointing loss of a comfortable lead against a classy and hungry Bodmin.  In short, with three losses since our last win back in early December, our lads needed to get going again against a strong Godolphin and did so in some style.

The performance against Falmouth ratcheted things up a further gear and there was a further step up in execution against Blazey, where every single player in a Tavi shirt played to the peak of his ability. It was an absolute joy to watch and the players and coaching staff deserve to be applauded for their efforts.

Having noted Blazey's own recent run of good form I was by no means certain we could take all three points, but we played with immense speed and efficieny and thoroughly deserved a comfortable win against a side who certainly deserve to stay in the league for next season.  I would suggest that anyone who thought we didn't deserve such a scoreline must have been watching a different match, but football is all about opinions.

Anyway, it was good to put the business to one side for 90 minutes and be able to enjoy some attractive football and the well-earned smiles on players, management and Club stalwarts after a few seasons in the doldrums.

I will endeavour to find more time to at least produce a teamsheet for future games - as the league demands and the supporters deserve.  I run a small business and have worked around the clock these past couple of years to turn it round back into profitability, from the mess it was in when I first approached it about printing that QPR programme for Tavistock AFC (and then felt compelled to get involved and eventually take it on).  Arguably my business could have been turned around faster were it not for the 20+ hours per week I need to find to attend to Club matters, but I enjoy doing both too much to let go of either so am prone to burn the candles at both ends.  Of course, I am far from unique in this endeavour!

I look forward to seeing you at Langsford Park and feel free to grumble to me if the programme isn't available or up to scratch.  It will be in due course.  If nothing else, I hope you enjoy the football we are playing and the hospitality offered once you enter our friendly Club. Rest assured we are working hard to improve the experience and always welcome your feedback.

And if anyone should like to get involved with the Club in a voluntary capacity, or even sponsor a match or help us with fundraising, we would dearly welcome the support.

Enjoy the rest of the season and come and watch us take on Bodmin this Saturday - if we continue where we left off on Tuesday we could be in with a sniff!

Chris.
chair@tavistockfc.com

1 hour ago, cfenner said:

I don't normally write on forums, but feel compelled to do so on this occasion as my Club - and me, as a Chairman (and the Club's printer!) - are being called out on an issue i.e. a lack of matchday programme.

I am quite shy by nature and probably one of the quietest and least visible Chairs in the league, rarely getting to away games as I man the gate for our Reserves when they are at home.  So I felt it was about time I put my head above the parapit and say HELLO - and thank you for talking about our Club.

I am well aware that we need to resolve the lack of programme and will do so in due course.  If anyone is genuinely interested I am happy to go deep into the reasons why we have barely managed more than a four-pager this past couple of seasons, but as it is quite a dry subject will instead give a brief explanation below that I hope will suffice for now.  And I am aware of the consequences with fines from the league. I work the gate and have been asked on a total of 17 occasions over the past four games for a programme (9 against Bodmin - I started tracking demand from this game).  Those 'lame' excuses given were mine - and I'm sorry to the collectors that we, and I, have fallen short of your expectations.  I take responsibility for the excuses, non-production of a programme and my personal opinion on the subject.  But before I offer an excuse, and there are always excuses, I'll give you some recent history:

Before being fast-tracked into the role of Chair and following the passing of my mum, who had served the Club previously, as had my dad before her, I committed myself when asked by the Chair and ex-Chair in the summer of 2011 to prepare a programme for the pre-season's QPR match (and for the season beyond).  I had never sold advertising and knew nothing of the world of print.  But I had about a month to learn both.  As it turns out  I've got a lot more to learn about football, but I listen well and have time on my side.

I was between jobs having moved back home during mum's final weeks, so set about following in the footsteps of the Club's previous commercial manager to get advertisers signed up.  I became a pest to local businesses and a thorn in the side of the local print company - that I have since bought - and produced a programme crammed with advertising, but very little else. It was like a brick, unpopular with regular supporters for its lack of club and league info, but reasonably well printed and generated a decent profit for the Club that season.  In recognition I was asked to join the Committee and accepted the offer as I didn't know many people in the town having been in London the past decade and needed a hobby!

I could see why they wanted fresh blood. With a perfect storm of an exhausted and dwindling Committee, a post-arson clubhouse rebuilding project beset by problem after problem (brilliantly handled under the circumstances by our then First Team manager Ian Southcott), a town full of independent businesses who could no longer justify the sponsorship of a struggling side, the resultant reduction in playing budget leading to a rapid exit of players and tumbling gates... plus all manner of longstanding issues that were bubbling to the surface and requiring urgent attention, the First team were relegated in 2013/14 and with virtually nobody left to handle some of these issues, my responsibilities as a new Committee member, a Vice Chair and finally Chair had grown exponentially and something had to give as we had to set our focus on promotion back to the Premier League, and the funding opportunities that creates versus remaining in Step 7 football.

And despite offers of support from well-meaning but ultimately ineffective commercial managers over recent seasons, we arrive toward the end of yet another season without a proper programme capable of developing sufficient advertising revenue to offset print costs and deliver a profit.  Of course, one could argue that other Clubs manage to make this work - I dare say other Chairs fund it.  And most don't own a print company! But without sufficient content and with too many other Club matters to attend to and costs to bear, I find myself having to accept that over the past four games, based on those levels of demand referenced above, we have probably missed out on £17 in programme sales. And, arguably, I must now submit a cheque of £80 to the league for failing to produce a programme spanning these fixtures.  But as has been pointed out by Paul and Nick, among others, surely there can be no excuse for a Club such as ours not to at least put together a programme?

Clearly, anyone who pulls up to Langsford Park could be forgiven for thinking that we are a wealthy Club, given the wonderful facilities we and our neighbours the Community Club, as well as our guests, enjoy on matchdays. It may not be known that these facilities are the culmination of two decades' worth of planning, debating and funding from OUTSIDE of the Club - supported by the Football Foundation, West Devon Borough Council and the FA / Sport England - and the collaboration under a single banner of what were formerly disparate footballing factions in our town.  Many Clubs in the Peninsula, Helston springs to mind, have been going through a similar transformation in recent times, thanks largely to external funding, some shrewd internal business, calculated risks, local sponsorship and a heck of a lot of volunteer support.  But that's not to say that there are loads of volunteers.  Frequently there are very few, it's just that they each move mountains to make things happen at their grounds for the Club they love.  Alas, many are not fundraisers, or given to produce programme content.  Some are and some do.  But we don't yet have those people in place.  However, with performances improving and a Clubhouse built out of the ashes and being used once again, our town is beginning to take note and new faces are turning up to watch the games and help share the burden of running a Facility that is bigger than we are at present.  We don't yet have those £4-figure sponsors or a wealth of home-grown talent and the gates are not yet hitting the numbers enjoyed by our fellow table-toppers, but we will get there.  And will improve in areas we are weak.  The programme being one.

Needless to say I was very impressed with how the Lambs performed against St Blazey.

Following a run of nine wins at the back end of 2015, the lads were narrowly beaten by Parkway before Christmas, then with seven from the next eight games postponed, punctuated by a single cup loss AET to Mousehole in mid January, we had six weeks without football before a disappointing loss of a comfortable lead against a classy and hungry Bodmin.  In short, with three losses since our last win back in early December, our lads needed to get going again against a strong Godolphin and did so in some style.

The performance against Falmouth ratcheted things up a further gear and there was a further step up in execution against Blazey, where every single player in a Tavi shirt played to the peak of his ability. It was an absolute joy to watch and the players and coaching staff deserve to be applauded for their efforts.

Having noted Blazey's own recent run of good form I was by no means certain we could take all three points, but we played with immense speed and efficieny and thoroughly deserved a comfortable win against a side who certainly deserve to stay in the league for next season.  I would suggest that anyone who thought we didn't deserve such a scoreline must have been watching a different match, but football is all about opinions.

Anyway, it was good to put the business to one side for 90 minutes and be able to enjoy some attractive football and the well-earned smiles on players, management and Club stalwarts after a few seasons in the doldrums.

I will endeavour to find more time to at least produce a teamsheet for future games - as the league demands and the supporters deserve.  I run a small business and have worked around the clock these past couple of years to turn it round back into profitability, from the mess it was in when I first approached it about printing that QPR programme for Tavistock AFC (and then felt compelled to get involved and eventually take it on).  Arguably my business could have been turned around faster were it not for the 20+ hours per week I need to find to attend to Club matters, but I enjoy doing both too much to let go of either so am prone to burn the candles at both ends.  Of course, I am far from unique in this endeavour!

I look forward to seeing you at Langsford Park and feel free to grumble to me if the programme isn't available or up to scratch.  It will be in due course.  If nothing else, I hope you enjoy the football we are playing and the hospitality offered once you enter our friendly Club. Rest assured we are working hard to improve the experience and always welcome your feedback.

And if anyone should like to get involved with the Club in a voluntary capacity, or even sponsor a match or help us with fundraising, we would dearly welcome the support.

Enjoy the rest of the season and come and watch us take on Bodmin this Saturday - if we continue where we left off on Tuesday we could be in with a sniff!

Chris.
chair@tavistockfc.com

Chris your reply is most appreciated. It is a pity that you haven't had the support required, as with many clubs it is left to small band of people to do the donkey work. Hopefully your club continues to develop and you are able to attract more volunteers to take on the numerous tasks. I look forward to one day to be able to visit your ground and enjoy your excellent facilities. 

Hello cfenner.

It's good to hear from a club like that. As supporters we like to moan. So its good to hear what it's like behind the scenes. If clubs were unable to make programs then maybe the team information could be put on the forum and someone on here could make a 2 page team sheet to meet the needs on match day. I could have done something basic. 

Tavistock is another good ground in the league. Great facilities. A massive change from 15 years ago. Still feels strange not seeing and hearing Andy Meads in the Tavistock goal when we play there. 

Tavistock isn't one of our happier grounds. Tavistock ended our 70 odd match unbeaten run there several years ago. Never an easy game up there. 

Glynn Hobbs was the difference on Tuesday. He was unplayable. Tavistock deserved their win but I thought St Blazey were not that bad. 6v0 was harsh on us. Dan Evans at the back is still a great player. 

After working all day and rushing off to get up to Tavistock I then headed straight back to work to finish a few jobs. Finished work just gone 4am!! Lovely after a 6v0 defeat. :wacko:

Al the best, Paul. 

Thank you Chaps!

It's a source of encouragement that what started as me feeling a embarrassed has even brought in offers of help.  That says a lot, that true football supporters, even from outside of our Club, are happy to applaud our volunteers and come forward with support and ideas.

Taking on Paul's comment, I should certainly be able to offer up a team sheet to meet the requirements of the League.  At least until we are able to pull together something more polished.  Most away secretaries provide squad lists early enough in the week to mean we only have to confirm with our own management who is likely to be available for the match.

One thing I would like to get hold of is high-resolution club badges.  Often the crests available online lack clarity.  One to work on with other Clubs.

Also, it would be good to get away team photos for publication.  Our new Club photographer, Richie, who I shall direct to this site, is happy to share pictures he takes with our visitors so that they can use them in their programmes, website and social media.  It would be great if photographers from other Clubs were happy to reciprocate.

Richie is unable to make the Bodmin game tomorrow, so if we could get photos from that match that would be great.  ANY OFFERS OF HELP FOR THAT?

Perhaps somewhat controversially I have asked Richie to cover our Reserves instead, who are playing against Saltash United at Langsford Park, his first time meeting our ECPL management and players, having followed the Firsts for the past few games.  All too often Reserve sides can feel like second class citizens and it's one area I want us to continue addressing at Tavistock.  After all, they are the incubators for the First teamers of tomorrow and I want them to feel as acknowledged and valued as they deserve to be, despite not picking up the expenses or plaudits of the Firsts.  As a Club we certainly do our best to level the playing field for them and I think we have improved a bit each season in achieving this.

It might have been a generation ago since he first represented the Club but I'm pleased to say that Andy Meads, in addition to developing the youngest footballers in our town, is also very much on standby to feature for both our Firsts and Reserves should he be needed.  He's just that kind guy... an absolute star... and during pre-season even put our current excellent shot-stoppers, Jack and Jamie, through their paces, to prepare them for the season ahead.

I normally leave it to Derek Pethick, our former Chairman and ever-present match reporter, to highlight individual and team contributions and there were many to talk about during the St Blazey game.  Solid at the back, industrious in the middle and downright lethal up front.

But as one player has been getting a lot of coverage recently I feel inclined to comment. No doubt that Glyn has brought an extra dimension to our performances since rejoining us, and he was the standout player on the night, that cannot be doubted. His experience and presence has had a positive effect on those around him, especially the youngest squad members.  He is less rash than he was, but every bit as potent.  We are fortunate to have him with us, but no player single player can win a game by themselves.

There are other names and faces to get to know and to keep an eye on, players who are coming of age and a few in waiting in our ECPL setup for a call up to the Firsts.  It certainly bodes well for the future and if we can utilise this young talent to establish ourselves as a top five side over a couple of seasons, whilst building the business behind the football without falling foul of boom-then-bust short-term decision making, we can consider stepping up to Western as and when the performances allow.  But one step at a time.  It's our first season back in the Prem and it's no time to be arrogant or complacent and there are some fantastic teams in this League to overhaul.  And some very deep pockets.  So we'll just keep enjoying giving you all a run for your money and trying to entice our lads to stay loyal and help us build on this season's successes, not just chase the big bucks in the close-season merry-go-round.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend - even the Bodmin supporters should we beat them tomorrow! ;)

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi,

If anybody wants pictures from the last three home games and from now on all home games from from Tavistock please fell free to message me and i can supply pictures, As Chris as mentioned i would like to try and put something together where by there are regular pictures from Clubs home games that can be used by the away clubs Website and any forms or FB pages they have, As i think we have found since pictures started appearing in out FB page there as been alot more chatter about the club which is always good and with time i hope will increase our gates, So if anybody would like to help with this then please message me or email me secondsintime@hotmail.com.

On a side note, I think from Chris post it shows that sometimes we are not always aware of what is going on in the background, and if i am honest up until about a month ago i would not have had any idea as to what went into this kind of thing, but there are benefits from doing this, Up until last year i had always thought about doing photography but did nothing due to a long term illness i have, but as it happens a year today i fell ill, and the hospital said i had indigestion, it actually turned out i had pancreatitus , and my wife was told that i probably will not make it through the night, But any-ways, something like this makes you see things a little different, So i took up photography and had been looking for somewhere to set up somewhere i could call a studio, no luck, but wanted to still take pictures, so i asked Chris and kieran at Tavistock if they wanted pictures, and that is how i started but from that they had a room where by i could use as a studio, I think what i am saying is that Volunteering is very much rewarding, so please if your able to spend a few hours helping out your local club then please go and ask, I think all clubs have help but could always do with more help to ease a little pressure from those helping already.

22 hours ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Pleased to hear that you have had a positive reaction to your post Chris. Andrea Cawte had my sae plus £1 in stamps for the programme from the earlier postponed match, I look forward to receiving the programme from the rearranged match at the end of the season. Good luck against Bodmin ! 

Thanks Nick,

Yes, Andrea made me aware of the envelope, but she has since moved on.  Shaun Greening is our new secretary.  Needless to say I shall have a programme ready for you at the end of the season.  Could be quite a pivotal game should anyone manage to slow down the Bodmin juggernaut! We tried but didn't quite achieve that today.

8 hours ago, cfenner said:

Thanks Nick,

Yes, Andrea made me aware of the envelope, but she has since moved on.  Shaun Greening is our new secretary.  Needless to say I shall have a programme ready for you at the end of the season.  Could be quite a pivotal game should anyone manage to slow down the Bodmin juggernaut! We tried but didn't quite achieve that today.

You gave it a good effort Chris.