Cornwall Football Forum

Good Friday Football

1 hour ago, secretscout said:

Goals - yes

Foul mouthed abuse aimed at officials from the Helston bench/management - yes

Yummy pasties - yes

A fantastic ground and set-up that has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 years - yes

So now we all have to watch the match in silence ! Part of watching football is voicing ones opinion -  the officials get paid enough to accept it !

20 minutes ago, secretscout said:

Scrap the respect campaign gents, you get paid enough to get sworn at reletnlessly for 90mins but don't you dare say a word back else you will upset the players and management. :thumbsup: Muppet!

I'm not suggesting that players and management should shout at officials, but why can't an official talk back to them? Perhaps that's the problem that they don't!

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

So now we all have to watch the match in silence ! Part of watching football is voicing ones opinion -  the officials get paid enough to accept it !

Helston v Falmouth 

I was looking forward to hearing what I could expect from the Friday evening local derby. Thank you secretscout for your feedback.

Bit worried that all the potential big crowd and i have to look forward to is watching grown men swearing and screaming from the touch line!?

Surely there must be something more exciting to look forward to. Maybe;

* our lightning fast winger who takes people on

* our commanding centre back wins every header

*our striker is a goal machine and the next Vardy 

Please tell me it's not just moaning and groaning!!!!???

Northern,

I agree, it wont all be moaning and groaning, but having watched every team in this league and watched several games over the last few years, there are very very few teams that can rival the management, players and supporters of Helston when it comes to abusive language aimed at officials, oppostition players and even supporters.  I must stress, this isn't everyone involved, all the time and at every game, but certainly more than other clubs i have seen.

That said, i commend the club for finally progressing both on and off the field after being the nearly men for several years in the West, they are having a superb first season in the premier, turning a few heads, playing some real breathtaking football at times and getting some good results.  They have a top striker in Goldsworthy who was questioned if he had what it takes to emulate his ruthlessness he shown in the west, in the premier this season, but he has done well.  And finally, what looks a real top surface to play on and as a spectactor a very impressive ground, surround, stand and clubhouse has been added to a good team to make them one of the most attractive clubs around. So, full credit to all involved.

So not all bad!  Enjoy your experience, we all love football! :smiley20:

The worst abuse i have heard was directed at the briliant Bodmin goalie Kevin Miller in te final at Wadebridge a couple of years ago by the St AUSTELL fans they where just rude and nasy comments ,theres no chance of that sort of abuse from the G Fans on Monday my dog Smokie may voice his opinion but ignore him he doesnt know a good side when he sees 1 really looking forward to the final sounds like its going to be blowing a gale as long its not down with rain because theres only that small stand at Truro should be a good game but 1st the G have got to play Newquay on friday and u got to applaud them for beating Tavistock and the G are delighted with that result Well done teh Peppermints 

At this level... Referees get paid nowhere near the amount necessary to take the abuse they are often subjected too!

Give me a few hundred quid a game, I'll happily let a bench/dugout and crowd vocally smash my performance and question my every single decision for the duration of the game. For a measly fee in the low double figures region, no chance is that enough for what some referees have to endure!

Would you take 90+ minutes of abuse for £33? No chance! It shocks me to see that people think this is enough to "accept" the abuse!  :SM_carton: 

Next, people will be saying that the guys in the junior leagues that get paid £18 a game are on enough to just "accept" it! <_<

People say taking abuse is part of the job, no it's not. Imagine someone at your desk or place of work standing shouting at you when u make a mistake or do something they disagree with m. Or get it right sticking to a law they follow. And I'm sure you don't get paid that much for 90 minutes work!! They take time out of there life so you can watch 22 players punt a ball around. Cause let's be honest not many footballing sides about. They got to watch the whole game and more! Having a view is fine but swearing and name calling I'm sure your parents / guardians brought you up better! Think before you act. I'm far from innocent but we learn. Would you let someone shout abuse at your child no! So don't do it to someone else's! 

We reversed our dug outs due to the abuse from one of the teams management mentioned in this thread - go figure.

Big Al, change your name - to anything with small as the prefix.

We all know the worst team in the league for abuse from the dug out and fans, we've seen the banner, being led from the front as well.

I agree with most of the posts - referees have as much right to enjoy their game as the players. Just because their 'team' is smaller and in some cases requires two players on loan with flags to wave, while those players are 'on loan' they too should get the respect they deserve, even if they make decisions you don't agree with. They might be right, they might be wrong, accept it and move on.

It's almost Derby Day and even God himself is supporting The Towns Club. The weather forecast shows a nice drop of rain on Thursday to water the Mount Wise Stadium pitch, but it will be a nice dry, calm day (for a change) on Good Friday.

With any luck, the neighbours will be buried on Good Friday, but we'd be happy for them to be resurrected on Easter Monday for their Cup Final.

Get out and support local football this Easter !

Charles Newquay's photo.
LikeShow More Reactions
CommentSh

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Should read Godolphin Reserves, they have a lot of Injurys & Suspensions if reports are correct, might even save a couple for Easter Monday Show piece.

Much to the delight of Newquay im sure!

We've been playing with half our reserves for weeks now, too many jumped ship for cash or just couldn't handle to pressure.

I'm sure the neighbours would love us to stay up, be nice if they did us a favour ! 

Im sure the G will put out a good team with hopefully Luke Rigby Aaran Dilley and Alex Cole and Tim Peacock all back for match fitness for the big un on Monday .Im going for a draw in this match possibility 2-2 looking forward to the match good job its not today with this awful weather . Well done again to Newquay for beating Tavistock the other night 

On 23/03/2016 at 11:47, secretscout said:

Goals - yes

Foul mouthed abuse aimed at officials from the Helston bench/management - yes

Yummy pasties - yes

A fantastic ground and set-up that has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 years - yes

Why bother to go if these things annoy you so much,I go to matches most weeks and find that what ever ground your at there is always going to be someone swearing,sometimes I think people on here just look at reasons to have a moan,

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

Why bother to go if these things annoy you so much,I go to matches most weeks and find that what ever ground your at there is always going to be someone swearing,sometimes I think people on here just look at reasons to have a moan,

I certainly agree criticism of the officials has been ongoing for years and is part of the atmosphere. As I said previous, should we all stand in silence?.

4 hours ago, BIG AL said:

I certainly agree criticism of the officials has been ongoing for years and is part of the atmosphere. As I said previous, should we all stand in silence?.

It's not criticism anymore though is it, it's vitriol, and sometimes physical aggression - and its pathetic.

They  get it on here as well, but of course everyone knows the laws, and are perfect.

Just back from watching the local derby at mt wise between Newquay vs Godolphin well the 1st half was poor and the 2nd half Godolphin Dominated Scott Flannigan scored a brilliant goal from 30yds he will never hit a sweeter goal pity he couldnt of saved it for Monday because even the great Bodmin goalie Miller wouldnt of stopped that shot Newquay equalised then not sure who got the 2nd for G could of been Tim Peacock but not sure ,Tom ANNEAR had a brilliant game in goal in place of 1st choice keeper Vercoe and Tom is a player not a goalie but he was tremendous today the 3rd goal deserved on the Gs dominance was a clear pen which Scott Flannigan arguably the best attacking full back in the league dispatched the pen with power vs Tom ANNEAR . I had 1 dissapointed when told by a Newquay official called Don i think my dog wasnt on a lead and rules said he should be he was fast asleep bothering no one but next time i will bring a stake with me like he suggested then i will be told im carrying a dangerous weapon . Good entertainment mom for both sides Scott for his thunderbolt goal and Tom Annear to single handlely stopping the Godolphin onslaught in the 2nd half . I would like to know if it will be alright to bring my dog on Monday to Truros ground he will be tied up to the railings . Thankyou to both teams for putting on a good display in the 2nd half 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Just back from watching the local derby at mt wise between Newquay vs Godolphin well the 1st half was poor and the 2nd half Godolphin Dominated Scott Flannigan scored a brilliant goal from 30yds he will never hit a sweeter goal pity he couldnt of saved it for Monday because even the great Bodmin goalie Miller wouldnt of stopped that shot Newquay equalised then not sure who got the 2nd for G could of been Tim Peacock but not sure ,Tom ANNEAR had a brilliant game in goal in place of 1st choice keeper Vercoe and Tom is a player not a goalie but he was tremendous today the 3rd goal deserved on the Gs dominance was a clear pen which Scott Flannigan arguably the best attacking full back in the league dispatched the pen with power vs Tom ANNEAR . I had 1 dissapointed when told by a Newquay official called Don i think my dog wasnt on a lead and rules said he should be he was fast asleep bothering no one but next time i will bring a stake with me like he suggested then i will be told im carrying a dangerous weapon . Good entertainment mom for both sides Scott for his thunderbolt goal and Tom Annear to single handlely stopping the Godolphin onslaught in the 2nd half . I would like to know if it will be alright to bring my dog on Monday to Truros ground he will be tied up to the railings . Thankyou to both teams for putting on a good display in the 2nd half 

Wear sunglasses, and take a white stick Cornish - some pillock would still say something.

Another win for Bodmin today, & another step towards the title. Although feel a tad for Reg Hambly at Camelford as they play better than their league position reads, however it is March & the table doesnt lie. Im sure that Reg will keep the Camels up though. Trefew a hard place to go & play. 

On 23/03/2016 at 15:56, secretscout said:

Northern,

I agree, it wont all be moaning and groaning, but having watched every team in this league and watched several games over the last few years, there are very very few teams that can rival the management, players and supporters of Helston when it comes to abusive language aimed at officials, oppostition players and even supporters.  I must stress, this isn't everyone involved, all the time and at every game, but certainly more than other clubs i have seen.

That said, i commend the club for finally progressing both on and off the field after being the nearly men for several years in the West, they are having a superb first season in the premier, turning a few heads, playing some real breathtaking football at times and getting some good results.  They have a top striker in Goldsworthy who was questioned if he had what it takes to emulate his ruthlessness he shown in the west, in the premier this season, but he has done well.  And finally, what looks a real top surface to play on and as a spectactor a very impressive ground, surround, stand and clubhouse has been added to a good team to make them one of the most attractive clubs around. So, full credit to all involved.

So not all bad!  Enjoy your experience, we all love football! :smiley20:

Helston bench were as quiet as a mouse tonight 

Great to see so many people watching Cornish football. ⚽️?  Typical I'm up Scotland!!!  ?  What were the official attendances for the Illogan and Wendron games?? See there was 541 at St.Austell and last nights 514 at Helston as Dobbie just stated. Great stuff for the league and the county and nice for the players as well ⚽️

Bazzer it was a bloke with white hair and he said he was on the Comitee i thought i heard Peter call him Don THANKS I will be up many more times now thats been clarified and Smokie dog can continue watching his football Hope Newquay stay up and Tom Annear continues in goal he was 1 hell of a goalie yesterday but i use to watch his dad Denis play regularly when Newquay had 1 hell of a team . Thanks again Bazzer 

Sadly it's usually just one idiot who likes to feel important that makes sad comments about dogs at football 100%. Most clubs accept my dogs but you do get the occasional idiot who I just laugh at and tell him to start worrying about the more important things in life.A big thank you to the clubs I  mainly visit Penzance ,Mousehole,Hayle and Pendeen who are really terrific and therefore  get my support but sadly other local clubs not so tolerant and therefore I never bother with which is their loss not mine.

Love your dogs Dan most places i go with my dog are lovely especially at Godolphin of course but even more at St AUSTELL where all the players make a point of saying hello to Smokie ,this bloke who had a go at me for smokie not being tied to the railings said i should bring a stake up and stake that into the ground and tie him to that he said it was the fa rules and with Newquay entering the vase dogs need to be on a lead i told him he was sleeping but he just went on and on whoever this bloke was i have been going to mt wisefor over 50 years and my dad before me and my Grandad is in the photos when it was Newquay Rovers so Mr Jobs Worth my family has lots of connections going back possibly 80 years my grandad was caled Richard HONEY and is in severel team photos in the club house  i was already to explode with him going on like a jobs worth but he caught me on a good day while the G where winning at the time Hope the final goes ahead on monday but need a dry day tmmrw after all this rain today I see Bodmin maybe without big Adam Carter but they player who will replace him Steve Bowker is good and very underated in my opinion 

On 25 March 2016 at 19:19, WendronOfficial said:

427 at The Underlane for Wendron v Porthleven. Probably not the best match but a great day non the less. Thanks for everyone's support and we hope you enjoyed your visit to Wendron United FC

Smashing welcome and congratulations on all the hard work in developing such a lovely ground.