13 Torpoint            26   9    7    10   41   46  -5   34 
 14 Cullompton          26   9    6    11   48   52  -4   33 
 15 Newquay             24   7    4    13   29   57  -28  25 
 16 Camelford           25   5    8    12   31   61  -30  23 
 17 Callington          25   5    7    13   40   60  -20  22 
 18 Stoke Gabrie        26   5    4    17   43   51  -8   19 
 19 Elburton            26   5    4    17   26   79  -53  19 
 20 St Blazey           26   5    3    18   35   82  -47  18 

I have a funny feeling young Phillips St.Austell side might struggle this evening, if they only narrowly won on boxing day & Alan has since ground out a couple of good results for them i reckon this could be a draw. Certainly wont put 9 on them like the free scoring, champions elect Bodmin Town! Might even venture down & have a look myself.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

I have a funny feeling young Phillips St.Austell side might struggle this evening, if they only narrowly won on boxing day & Alan has since ground out a couple of good results for them i reckon this could be a draw. Certainly wont put 9 on them like the free scoring, champions elect Bodmin Town! Might even venture down & have a look myself.

You don't half blow your own trumpet 

I took the game in & your right, nowhere near a draw. St.Austell got the ball down & passed it around, St.Blazey could not live with them, Town were fitter, stronger & wanted to Win more in Every department. St.Austell could & should of hit 6/7 goals. I should think Phillip would be dissapointed they only scored 4!

St Blazey should have made a game of it. 1 header first half and Tornado clean though second half and goal chalked off for offside. 4v0 flattered St Austell. 

St Austell play the pitch well. Smash it to the left back at the top of the pitch who crosses with pace on the downhill. Hard to defend. First two goals came from those tactics. 

Who turned the tap on anyway. Great crowd of 451. How many stayed home? With only one stand it's a case of stay in the rain or not bother going. 

The programme was really good. One of the best around. 

Nice and sunny this morning. Of course it is. I'm working. 

St Blazey v Saltash next Wednesday now.

After their recent run, I thought St Blazey were disappointing and in my opinion, they looked like a team struggling at the wrong end of the table.

St Austell need to make their technical areas bigger so Laffs can stand on the touchline! :P

4 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

After their recent run, I thought St Blazey were disappointing and in my opinion, they looked like a team struggling at the wrong end of the table.

St Austell need to make their technical areas bigger so Laffs can stand on the touchline! :P

Truth is, the gulf in quality between the top couple of sides and the bottom is enormous. I don't think one Blazey fan thought for one moment we'd get anything from this game, and so it proved. Still, the games against the top sides won't define our season; we need to be taking points off the Newquays and Stoke Gabriels of the league.

Did think the offside decision was unfortunate, and Tornado really ought to have hit the target when one on one with Chapman but fair play to St Austell, the best side won emphatically.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey should have made a game of it. 1 header first half and Tornado clean though second half and goal chalked off for offside. 4v0 flattered St Austell. 

St Austell play the pitch well. Smash it to the left back at the top of the pitch who crosses with pace on the downhill. Hard to defend. First two goals came from those tactics. 

Who turned the tap on anyway. Great crowd of 451. How many stayed home? With only one stand it's a case of stay in the rain or not bother going. 

The programme was really good. One of the best around. 

Nice and sunny this morning. Of course it is. I'm working. 

St Blazey v Saltash next Wednesday now.

The rain is due tomorrow Paul, let me guess, its your day off! Have to disagree with your view Blazey should of made a game of it....i think thats you watching through your green glasses again! St.Austell always looked comfortable, & at times except for big Danny up top for you, it was men against boys. You say about the tactics of using the slope, people been using that trick at Poltair for years Paul, if teams adapt to it, & supporters can see it happening, then your players must of been a bit naive to not stop it happening & concede two goals from it!! We done you a favour today anyway beating Camelford!

After St Austell went 2 up they only made a few half chances. We should have scored twice before they scored a third from our mistake. Hardly out played. We couldn't have been to bad. Laffs was jumping around like a mad man shouting and screaming. Couldn't have been that easy for them.  

Edited by Paul

45 minutes ago, Paul said:

After St Austell went 2 up they only made a few half chances. We should have scored twice before they scored a third from our mistake. Hardly out played. We couldn't have been to bad. Laffs was jumping around like mad man shouting and screaming. Couldn't have been that easy for then.  

That was a very calm Laffs . Lol

20 hours ago, Paul said:

After St Austell went 2 up they only made a few half chances. We should have scored twice before they scored a third from our mistake. Hardly out played. We couldn't have been to bad. Laffs was jumping around like a mad man shouting and screaming. Couldn't have been that easy for them.  

A few half chances? You most certainly were watching a different game, as the guys beside me near the tea hut were insinuating how frustrated Phillip would of been not taking more of their chances they created! Although he did swap it around at 2-0. I was quietly impressed with how St.Austell knocked it about & opened Blazey up, I am however, not so sure they would do that to the better sides in the league, one side in particular.... & we are sitting at the top! :thumbsup:

Well, Blazey have conceded the second most goals in the league this season so it's not surprising to see us concede.

In my opinion, anyone who thought this was going to be anything other than a comfortable St Austell win is either trolling, deluded or hasn't seen either team play.