Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Premier - Tuesday March 29th 2016

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Premier Division
Falmouth Town        v    Tavistock (7.45)
Plymouth Parkway        v    Cullompton Rangers (7.30)

The Falmouth match is off! Cancelled this morning, I cannot believe it, surely could have been left until mid afternoon ! Another easy fee for the ref. to pick up 1                                                                

27 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The Falmouth match is off! Cancelled this morning, I cannot believe it, surely could have been left until mid afternoon ! Another easy fee for the ref. to pick up 1                                                                

The ref won't get any fee Al he only gets paid expenses if he turns up for the match and then calls the game off, thought you might have known that.

54 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The referee won't get a fee. Big Al you are an absolute idiot! We have said this many times before. The referee only gets a fee if he turns up at the ground for the game.

12 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps you need to clarify which ref you mean Big Al :-

1) the ref who inspected the pitch this morning

or

2) the appointed ref who obviously will now not be needing to travel to Falmouth tonight

The ref. who inspected this morning. I see the new date is May day but no kick off time.

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thanks for that Big Al.

Right, now over to the refereeing fraternity - would the ref who inspected this morning get paid accordingly and if so - how much? :ninja:

Hi Dave, done loads of inspections and never charged anything but I believe you can charge mileage

Thank you karaoke and as I thought might be the case.

The clubs use local referees for this kind of instance, and I bet it is very rarely, if at all, that they charge. So Big Al (or a rep of Falmouth Town), do you know for sure that the ref who inspected the pitch this morning got travelling expenses?

4 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Big Al, change your spoon for a fork...and go help get the pitch ready.

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

It certainly is true. No referee can claim a fee for a game by doing an inspection many hours before a game.

I don't see the problem with a referee claiming travelling expenses if they are called out to inspect a pitch earlier in the day, but I don't think many do, just because they are probably local refs anyway and doing their bit for football!

Referees want games to be on too! Big Al you are talking rubbish, there must be a qualified referee or assessor in the area who wouldn't charge, I know one for sure!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I don't see the problem with a referee claiming travelling expenses if they are called out to inspect a pitch earlier in the day, but I don't think many do, just because they are probably local refs anyway and doing their bit for football!

I don't either, but reasonable expenses are a totally different thing to what Big Al is suggesting.