Cornwall Football Forum

Ground Grading - Helston Athletic

Following 12 months of extensive ground improvements, Helston Football Club have today received confirmation that Kellaway Park has been awarded an FA 'G' ground grading status allowing it to compete in future FA Competitions such as the FA Vase and FA Cup

This is a major milestone in the history of both club and town.

A HUGE thank you to all those organisations, businesses, sponsors and individuals who have supported this achievement.

• 3 weeks later...

Good ground hopper blog about his trip to Kellaway Park. After the Senior Cup fiasco looks like CFA could take few tips from Helston on how to count the attendance at  games. Wonder why Helston have never been given a big game to run. Few times I have been there it has always been well organised. 

https://laurencereade.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/bright-lights/

18 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Good ground hopper blog about his trip to Kellaway Park. After the Senior Cup fiasco looks like CFA could take few tips from Helston on how to count the attendance at  games. Wonder why Helston have never been given a big game to run. Few times I have been there it has always been well organised. 

https://laurencereade.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/bright-lights/

As I have said before, the cornwall fa for some reason seem to have their favourite repetitive venues for matches -  no one will ever know the reason why!

Helston would be a perfect venue but I am sure they will NEVER shift away from Bodmin or Truo. Penzance also comes to mind, along with Falmouth that should be given a chance. Perhaps someone connected with the Cornwall FA would like to comment ?