Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS STOKE GABRIEL

Off to watch Godolphin tmmrw i wasnt going to this match was hoping to of spent it with my son and grandson but my son has decided to stay in London so im going to watch the footy and hopefully the G will be on fire and im going to predict they will win 8-1 because they will want revenge for there defeat a couple of weeks ago and for the easter monday final and im sure they will want revenge after those defeats and theres still that 3rd spot to play for but Plymouth Parkway are on a roll at the moment 

Awful game today and with Sean sent off for the G and Aaran Dilley going in goal and then being beaten by a Stoke Gabriel pen G equalise from a pen of there own and Scott Flannigan just beats the Stoke goalie with a powerful pen Not much to really say about this game  but Luke Rigby should of scored when he only had the Stole goalie to beat but hit his shot straight at the Goalie it was just so poor The G are really powerless without there inspirational player Jamie Lowry and they had a very young defence today my man of the match goes to Kyran Parker for the G and i thought the no4 FOR stole had a good game Final Score 2-1 to Stole Gabriel 

Would never suggest that any team would not try...that would be disrespectful to genuine lads that work hard and put in 100%...just dissapointed with a top six team being "turned over " twice in quick succession by a team from the bottom reaches!! But I don't suppose I would even be commenting if it werent for our current position...so just ignore me!

54 minutes ago, Greenandblack said:

Would never suggest that any team would not try...that would be disrespectful to genuine lads that work hard and put in 100%...just dissapointed with a top six team being "turned over " twice in quick succession by a team from the bottom reaches!! But I don't suppose I would even be commenting if it werent for our current position...so just ignore me!

Sorry but St Blazey can only blame themselves for allowing this situation to develop over several years.

As an avid fan of Devon football I actually watched Saturday's game.... Although I must admit it was mainly due to me spending the weekend in glorious Newquay and not to do with me following Stoke Gabriel on there away trips!!

I feel I must add that whilst I agree Godolphin did not live up the high standard I actually expected to see, Stoke must deserve some high praise. I have watched them along with Buckland Fc, Parkway and Bodmin Fc a few times this season and there league position may make some make it easy to think they will be a pushover.

they travelled with a bare 11, there manager had to play his first game in about 3 seasons and they had a number of players missing due to work and stag do's. 

Despite them picking up disappointing results against calling ton, Newquay and Camelford recently they have also picked up decent results against parkway and torpoint. They are definitely clinging on, but if they show that sort of team spirit over the next month they have a good chance of avoiding the drop I think.

the step up over the last few seasons has been a real eye opener and playing against the St Austells, Godolphins, Falmouths and Ivybridges of the south west scene has proved a mammoth challenge, in terms of travelling and playing!!

i think suggesting some teams are taking it easier to hope local rivals end up in the danger zone is very demeaning of some clubs who are working their knackers off.... Right back to my caravan!

54 minutes ago, devonfan said:

As an avid fan of Devon football I actually watched Saturday's game.... Although I must admit it was mainly due to me spending the weekend in glorious Newquay and not to do with me following Stoke Gabriel on there away trips!!

I feel I must add that whilst I agree Godolphin did not live up the high standard I actually expected to see, Stoke must deserve some high praise. I have watched them along with Buckland Fc, Parkway and Bodmin Fc a few times this season and there league position may make some make it easy to think they will be a pushover.

they travelled with a bare 11, there manager had to play his first game in about 3 seasons and they had a number of players missing due to work and stag do's. 

Despite them picking up disappointing results against calling ton, Newquay and Camelford recently they have also picked up decent results against parkway and torpoint. They are definitely clinging on, but if they show that sort of team spirit over the next month they have a good chance of avoiding the drop I think.

the step up over the last few seasons has been a real eye opener and playing against the St Austells, Godolphins, Falmouths and Ivybridges of the south west scene has proved a mammoth challenge, in terms of travelling and playing!!

i think suggesting some teams are taking it easier to hope local rivals end up in the danger zone is very demeaning of some clubs who are working their knackers off.... Right back to my caravan!

Hopefully Stoke Gabriel will pull down Bodmin's pants on Wednesday!

On 04/04/2016 at 00:58, 1eyedwilly said:

Stoke Gabriel are by far the biggest mistake in the premier fact 

No

I reckon the  0 v 0 result at Priory Park was certainly as close to a 'pants pulling down incident' as you're ever likely to see!  Well done Stoke Gabriel :yahoo:

5 hours ago, margo said:

I reckon the  0 v 0 result at Priory Park was certainly as close to a 'pants pulling down incident' as you're ever likely to see!  Well done Stoke Gabriel :yahoo:

Close.......but not quite. We do the pant pulling, we will see in 5 weeks when the season is complete :yahoo:

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Close.......but not quite. We do the pant pulling, we will see in 5 weeks when the season is complete :yahoo:

If you don't get a result on Saturday I think you will secretly be a bit worried , I would be if I had spouted off all season ! Lol