14 Crediton            23   10   3    10   45   48  -3   33 
 15 Bovey               27   7    3    17   47   67  -20  24 
 16 Liverton            25   5    5    15   36   63  -27  20 
 17 Tots&Darts          23   5    2    16   31   70  -39  17 
 18 Okehampton          26   0    4    22   28   96  -68  0 
---------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

Mike Odgers, is it 12 years without a league win for Falmouth at Bodmin?

The last Falmouth  League win at Priory Park was 2003-04 (2-1) but in 2006-07 a Wayne Brown goal gave them a 1-0 win in the SWL Cup.

First point at Priory Park following 7 straight defeats.

Btw it was Andy Westgarth's 100th goal in the SW Peninsula League at clubs (Falmouth,Helston,Penzance & Porthleven)

Callington 2v2 St Blazey.

St Blazey threw away the 3 points with some really sloppy play in the final 13 minutes. After a great start Drummond volleyed in a great goal. St Blazey made it 0v2 just before half time with another great strike. Drummond should have wrapped it up when clean through but his effort was a bit weak and their keeper tipped it onto the post.Callington didn't really look like scoring and from our corner they ended up scoring. We then gave the ball away so poorly in midfield which resulted in a corner. The ball swung in and a free header made it 2v2. After neatly 80 minutes in control that is a big blow. 

Stoke Gabriel must love playing Godolphin. A big away win for them. Camelford and Newquay called their game off. How bad are these pitches??

St Blazey are home to Launceston on Wednesday. 

Pants pulled down?? Why would you say that... We drew 2-2?? We did not get beat? Sitting nicely in the table & move on to Wednesday evening. No team can win every week Mattelot, or else the title would of been decided by Christmas ( if it was not already) :thumbsup:

Made yourself to look a bit of a tool there Mattelot

Callington Town 2-2 St Blazey

Callington were rewarded for a much improved second half performance when scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes against one of the league's in form teams - 5 wins, a draw and two defeats (both to top 3 sides) in 8 previous league fixtures for the visitors.

Blazey got off to a great start with a fantastic overhead kick from Drummond, and they increased their lead with another great strike, this time from outside the penalty area - both goals a touch of class completely out of keeping with the rest of  a fairly turgid first half, when apart from the two "worldies", neither keeper was especially troubled, although Andre Rudukov, playing up front on the left for Town wasted a number of good opportunities to put telling crosses into the Blazey area.

Callington, who were missing three regulars in Ferus Nevin, Mike Lucas and Luke Avis-Riordan started the second half with more purpose, although Blazey (who oddly only won  their first corner ten minutes into the second half) could have had a third, in a one on one with home keeper Sam Borthwick.

Finally ten minutes from the end when Blazey failed to clear their lines, a well constructed move saw Ryan Lucassi nod the ball down for Dave Barker to finish confidently. The home team sensed they could still get some reward for their endeavours, and so it proved when from a corner, when in the unlikely form of defender Chris Lock he flicked home a header at the near post, looping over the head of the St Blazey keeper.

Plenty of football still to be played for both sides....

Was at the Bodmin/Falmouth game this afternoon.

The game could and should have been so different. I had a good view (and I am biased) of the incident in the 1st 10 minutes when Kevin Miller seemed to have brought down Glen Squires in the box. in my opinion it was a stone wall penalty and instant red card for Mr Miller.  I wonder how many penalties or red cards get given against Bodmin at Priory Park?

Anyway the ref was consistent as there was a similarly clear cut penalty at the other end which he also didn't give.  The difference being that this time the Bodmin player was not clean through.

Falmouth Town went 2 up in the 2nd half against the run of play and then Bodmin went all out to save the game. This time the ref did give a penalty although it was not as strong a case as the first two.  I thought Falmouth were going to hang on for a famous victory but Bodmin, like the champions they are just did enough and equalised with a couple of minutes to go.

To be fair it was well deserved as Falmouth threatened very little in the 2nd half.

However it might have been very different if they had played against 10 men and a reserve keeper for the final 80 minutes..........

All in all a good result for Falmouth who also had a few players out.  A few additions for next season and keep the best of the squad we have and it could be top five next year!!!

UP THE TOWN!!!

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Not really Leeds ! It was a simple question requiring a simple answer .The nature of your reply suggests you aren't happy with the performance though ..we're you not in the side today?

Never 100% happy unless we win Mattelot, but we are in a fantastic position & every team in the league would want to swap places with us! I will sip my sherry this evening, fairly contempt with where we are in the table  going into April

58 minutes ago, Greenandblack said:

Middle mans mate I don't know which game you watched either!!!!! I think the way Cally celebrated a 2v2 draw on the final whistle spoke volumes. Also, if you live up to your name and were club house side second half you missed three blatant offsides!!!!!!

Launceston Weds next up

Please read the match report from Jeffs Telling, very accurate. By the way I was in the dug out all the game.

42 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Never 100% happy unless we win Mattelot, but we are in a fantastic position & every team in the league would want to swap places with us! I will sip my sherry this evening, fairly contempt with where we are in the table  going into April

43 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Fair enough but were you in the side today ER NO ?

1 hour ago, Jeff's Telling said:

Callington Town 2-2 St Blazey

Callington were rewarded for a much improved second half performance when scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes against one of the league's in form teams - 5 wins, a draw and two defeats (both to top 3 sides) in 8 previous league fixtures for the visitors.

Blazey got off to a great start with a fantastic overhead kick from Drummond, and they increased their lead with another great strike, this time from outside the penalty area - both goals a touch of class completely out of keeping with the rest of  a fairly turgid first half, when apart from the two "worldies", neither keeper was especially troubled, although Andre Rudukov, playing up front on the left for Town wasted a number of good opportunities to put telling crosses into the Blazey area.

Callington, who were missing three regulars in Ferus Nevin, Mike Lucas and Luke Avis-Riordan started the second half with more purpose, although Blazey (who oddly only won  their first corner ten minutes into the second half) could have had a third, in a one on one with home keeper Sam Borthwick.

Finally ten minutes from the end when Blazey failed to clear their lines, a well constructed move saw Ryan Lucassi nod the ball down for Dave Barker to finish confidently. The home team sensed they could still get some reward for their endeavours, and so it proved when from a corner, when in the unlikely form of defender Chris Lock he flicked home a header at the near post, looping over the head of the St Blazey keeper.

Plenty of football still to be played for both sides....

One step forward two steps back by the looks of it for Paul's Blazey. Letting slip two goals in final 10 minutes i fancied St.Blazey to win at Callington today. With Stoke Gabriel winning that has heaped a whole load of pressure now on the rest of the bottom clubs. Stoke visit us midweek at the Priory

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bodmin better turn up Wednesday. And Launceston better not. :thumbsup:

Well i can promise you Bodmin will Paul! Suprised today, after your good midweek result i thought you would of won today. Conceding 2 in last 10 minutes, got to see those games out. Good luck against Launceston.

We lost two key players to injury today. One defender and our form player Tornado. Certainly didn't help things. So many huge games to come in the next 6 weeks. The relegation fight will be more exciting than the title fight that's for sure.

Nice programme from Callington today. 

28 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

One step forward two steps back by the looks of it for Paul's Blazey. Letting slip two goals in final 10 minutes i fancied St.Blazey to win at Callington today. With Stoke Gabriel winning that has heaped a whole load of pressure now on the rest of the bottom clubs. Stoke visit us midweek at the Priory

Convenient change of subject Leeds but were you in the side against Falmouth today ERRRRR ! NOOOOOO ?

2 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Convenient change of subject Leeds but were you in the side against Falmouth today ERRRRR ! NOOOOOO ?

I think if you could shave a few years off he would have been in there!

47 minutes ago, Greenandblack said:

Middle man....yeah gotta agree that Jeff's report is both accurate and balanced...but still stick by my comments...Cally much much happier with the point,,,,oh well on we go......

Yes you are right, not an excuse but we had three key players out today, our manager playing his 2nd game of the season and two subs that haven't for six months! Add that to the fact we battled back from two goals down at half time yes we were very happy with point:)

I was at the Bodmin game as well as a neutral, blatant penalty in the 10th minute (!) nope, never a penalty in a hundred years.

Seen them given for that challenge, but made to much of little contact, three of us with the perfect view of it from 25yds all agreed.

First half - poor form both sides, on an awful bumpy pitch, neither side could really do a lot, with bodmin suffering the most from it.

Second half....decent game, with a bit more life, and action in it. This time penalty given, never in a hundred years again was that a penalty, perfect position to see it again....all agreed again (!)

Of course for the referee to agree with me, he had to be standing where I was, he wasn't, so I can only agree with him, and well reffed as well, so well done to him.

Man of the match - Rob Wearne for his defensive work, stopped an awful lot of Bodmin attacks, quietly, and efficiently.

Poor crowd for such a good fixture, all in all, a draw was a fair reflection of what I saw - the biggest winner was the pitch. Awful.

To Clear up the Issue in regard to the Penalty decision for Falmouth town v Bodmin Town in the 10th minute. I was behind play but had a good view of the Falmouth player running through on goal. Bodmin's GK game out of goal and made the Falmouth striker go wide. I felt the GK at no time made a hand movement towards the striker then the striker ran in to him. In my head at that time It was Not a 100% a penalty kick. To clear up matters I glanced to my very experienced assistant who shook his head as a no too. 

At half time we both reflected on this decision and felt we made the right decision between us. 

as an ex player I know scenarios like this are difficult to swallow and I can accept the frustrations from Falmouth. Yes it was a fine line. As referee's we are only human and we try our best in that split second judgement. I had a good team working with me yesterday and felt it was a good game to referee and we did our best.

1 hour ago, pillatonreferee said:

To Clear up the Issue in regard to the Penalty decision for Falmouth town v Bodmin Town in the 10th minute. I was behind play but had a good view of the Falmouth player running through on goal. Bodmin's GK game out of goal and made the Falmouth striker go wide. I felt the GK at no time made a hand movement towards the striker then the striker ran in to him. In my head at that time It was Not a 100% a penalty kick. To clear up matters I glanced to my very experienced assistant who shook his head as a no too. 

At half time we both reflected on this decision and felt we made the right decision between us. 

as an ex player I know scenarios like this are difficult to swallow and I can accept the frustrations from Falmouth. Yes it was a fine line. As referee's we are only human and we try our best in that split second judgement. I had a good team working with me yesterday and felt it was a good game to referee and we did our best.

Thank you Mr referee. Quite correct - no penalty, but then, we didn't think the penalty given was one as well, so there we go. A difference of opinion - that's all - no more.

You are the referee, therefore correct, your decisions are split second, not as the pundits - with hindsight, and 30 odd camera angles.

Well refereed from me, and to your lino's (assistants...lol)

OH!!!! don't forget your glasses next time,

Everyone's opinion is dependant on where you are viewing it, and only your view matters.

3 hours ago, pillatonreferee said:

Honesty is the best policy as can only call what u see! Well done!

14 hours ago, pillatonreferee said:

Good decision. If I hand a pound for every time a striker has left a leg in waiting to be clipped whilst running past me I'd be rich. I wish more refs were like you on that front.

8 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Millbrook 3 Porthleven 1

Just read the Packet match report and it said this game was abamdoned  with 12 minutes to play due to a head injury to Port ' keeper James Wignall.

Has that score been accepted as a final result? as it is showing 3-1 on the SWPL site

I would say so Mike. The Division's games write-up includes the match with no mention of injury or to be played again. I take that to read that the scoreline stands.