Cornwall Football Forum

Robin Van Robbery

Crime watch update.

Have you seen 3 men running through Plymouth holding on tight to 3 points. 

Robin, the bald one and the third dressed in all black last seen jumping over hedges. 

Any information please contact St Blazey A.F.C.

:c:

Never seen a second half like it in all the years I've watched football. How we didn't win by 4 or 5 I will never know!!!! Hit the woodwork 4 times and 2 stonewall penalties turned down by the usually reliable Lee Roberts. The handball on the line mid way thru the second half was nearly as embarrassing for the Parkway fans to take as it would be for the ref if there were replays !!! Oh well on again Tuesday v Launceston 

Unbelievable Jeff. 

2 clear penalty shouts and hit the bar twice and post twice. We should have won this match by 4 or 5 at least. I think we played really well today. Gutted to loose that one. The winning goal came minutes after the ref failed to notice a header clearing a St Blazey effort for a corner and gave a goal kick. :wacko:

On to Launceston on Tuesday. 

Nice meeting you today Paul. Have to agree too , stonewall penalty not given , posts, crossbars ........ how you never won this one I do not know.

You were well and truly mugged. A much depleated Parkway team with all the usual bench starting and at least 3 x 16 year olds on the bench. They battled so well.

Poor Gaz now has too perform miracles to get the pitch ready for Bodmin on Tuesday.

Good to meet up with a couple other forum users. Good game to watch today. 1v0 dosnt even begin to tell the story. Good luck sorting that pitch out. What a mess in the end. Hopefully a bit of dry weather will help you out this week. But don't bank on it. :thumbsup:

I notice you have commented on another thread about Bodmins result yesterday Paul! Confusing when you are one of the worst 3 sides in the league (so the table reads). However after speaking to a Parkway official last night,  you did not mention you were actually playing a Parkway Reserve Side by all accounts! He told me they were missing 8 players, & still got over the line & beat you! I would thank your lucky stars you went there with them missing so many! Lets hope they are that short when we visit Parkway midweek :thumbsup:

Well done to Blazey yesterday they certainly played well enough to have won the game and with the team they have I think they will stay up. (Particularly their front men)

They could not have met Parkway on a better day with so many  players missing and players starting who were really ill.

No Bass, Trott, Richards, Lewis, Hart, Heveran and Colwell and Smith started and both came off just after half time due to illness.

Incredible Saturday morning chasing around for players with 3 MAP under 16's Martyn Sullivan (41) playing a full 90 on the left and the Millbridge P and D striker leading the line.

We'll done Parkway immense effort with all those missing. Most teams with the pitch as bad as it was would have put that game off so credit where credit is due they played it with what they had. 

Parkway now up to third probably their highest position for 18 Months and good news everyone should be back for Tuesday when we welcome Bodmin to Bolitho !!

7 minutes ago, Pitchside said:

Well done to Blazey yesterday they certainly played well enough to have won the game and with the team they have I think they will stay up. (Particularly their front men)

They could not have met Parkway on a better day with so many  players missing and players starting who were really ill.

No Bass, Trott, Richards, Lewis, Hart, Heveran and Colwell and Smith started and both came off just after half time due to illness.

Incredible Saturday morning chasing around for players with 3 MAP under 16's Martyn Sullivan (41) playing a full 90 on the left and the Millbridge P and D striker leading the line.

We'll done Parkway immense effort with all those missing. Most teams with the pitch as bad as it was would have put that game off so credit where credit is due they played it with what they had. 

Parkway now up to third probably their highest position for 18 Months and good news everyone should be back for Tuesday when we welcome Bodmin to Bolitho !!

Fantastic, Thought they would all make a return for Tuesday! Sulli playing full 90 mins on the wing, never hear the end of it!! Parkway must of been exceptionally short! I say give the young guys another chance on Tuesday!!

17 hours ago, Paul said:

Crime watch update.

Have you seen 3 men running through Plymouth holding on tight to 3 points. 

Robin, the bald one and the third dressed in all black last seen jumping over hedges. 

Any information please contact St Blazey A.F.C.

:c:

Stand and deliver !! This game had everything ... Gotta feel for Blazey tho. Massive three points for Parkway.  Decent report from one our faithful followers...

FT: Plymouth Parkway 1 (M Smith 9) St Blazey 0

Starting their 5th game in the last 10 days, it was a significantly depleted Parkway squad, for a variety of reasons, that took on a St Blazey side whose recent form has seen them start to pull away from the relegation zone. In fact it was so depleted, I only recognised 1 of the 5 subs! Heavy overnight and morning rain made for a heavy pitch which deteriorated as the game progressed. Similar to last Thursday, Parkway took an early lead when Mike Smith, yet again, showed good control and pace down the left and finished clinically from just inside the box. St Blazey then came into the game more and with their blend of youth and experienced players began to cause problems and create chances. Parkway continued to battle hard all over the pitch and on the half hour Mark Berry, playing up front today, sprung the offside trap just inside the St Blazey half and looked odds on to score but was denied by a fine piece of goalkeeping by Dave Painter. Shortly after this, a sustained period of pressure from St Blazey saw an effort rebound off the crossbar back into play and get scrambled to safety. St Blazey continued to look strong but the tireless Parkway midfield and resolute defence managed to deal with everything thrown at them and went into the break remaining ahead. The second half almost completely belonged to St Blazey who, to be fair, battered Parkway, dominating possession, hit the post twice and bar once more and arguably had a good penalty shout turned down. The luck that had not been with Parkway in recent games was certainly with them today. Every single player gave their all in difficult conditions, under considerable pressure with the back 4 and keeper performing heroics. A special mention I feel should be given to the young right back young Callum Thompson who had an excellent game in containing the dangerous and speedy Tornado Bello. Callum Watson also quietly impressed in midfield on his full debut. Two of Parkways most influential and experienced players, Mike Smith and captain Steve Colwell both apparently under the weather before the game, were substituted on 60 and 70 mins respectively. Both had done well to even start and all credit to them. Their replacements worked hard in the whole team effort which managed to withstand the constant St Blazey pressure to see out the game and hang on for an hard fought, if fortunate, victory which today was down to sheer guts, determination and cussedness. Not pretty but pretty effective. Lady luck also contributed! Parkway moved up to 3rd place and await the arrival on Tuesday of Bodmin Town, still title favourites despite being beaten for the 1st time in the league this season, going down 4 2 to Saltash United after being 2 0 up and going down to 9 men. Hopefully the game will go ahead but with the weather forecast and pitch condition, could be in doubt.

Great to see some old and bald Blazey boys too