Cornwall Football Forum

TUESDAY NIGHT ACTION - 12th April 16

What an absolutely shocking display from the Referee this evening. Helston can feel rightly aggrieved at not taking at least a point from this entertaining game as the Ref waived away solid appeals for 2 penalties and disallowed a goal for an alleged push that no one else saw, let alone Torpoint appealing for!  Doesn't help either when he smirks and smiles at the Helston players when giving a penalty at the other end - no wonder they get grief sometimes when they make a rod for their own back with officiating like that. Other than that, well done Torpoint, decent bunch of boys and a good Gaffer trying to play the right way. See you next year.

12 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

What an absolutely shocking display from the Referee this evening. Helston can feel rightly aggrieved at not taking at least a point from this entertaining game as the Ref waived away solid appeals for 2 penalties and disallowed a goal for an alleged push that no one else saw, let alone Torpoint appealing for!  Doesn't help either when he smirks and smiles at the Helston players when giving a penalty at the other end - no wonder they get grief sometimes when they make a rod for their own back with officiating like that. Other than that, well done Torpoint, decent bunch of boys and a good Gaffer trying to play the right way. See you next year.

Thanks Bagman. I must say after my first visit to Kellaway Park, I am very impressed with the ground and set up. Good Programme and I was well looked after by the Helston committee! 

Robbie Morris

Torpoint Athletic Football Secretary

16 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

I understand you may feel aggrieved BAGMAN, i can't comment on the two peno's as i was at the other end of the pitch but speaking to Cardy (who might i add is one of the more honest players around), he felt a shove in the back, which is why the ref blew up and disallowed your goal. 

I witnessed the penalty decision, the ref had no choice. To be honest, the players lucky to get a yellow when he's intentionally lent in with an elbow towards our player. Really he didn't need to, as had our player obstructed the goalie from kicking the ball, you'd have gotten a free kick - this was a needless action, and at 1-1 cost you the chance to go on and win the game. 

I always enjoy Helston matches, often firey and passionate, the fans are a good crack down there. See you next season!