Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Thursday April 14th 2016

Came back early from watching the match at Mt Wise  Linesman must of took pity on Newquay because St Blazey scored a perfectly good goal and he decided to call offside when Newquay player was playing him on side that would of made it 4-0 . I paid my £5 went in with my little dog and it wasnt  long b4 a----e  came over and said i said to you last time to bring a stake and tie my Smokie dog who was just sitting on his blanket in the rain doing no harm at all this bloke went on and on by this time my blood pressure was through the roof  up well i gave this bloke who was wearing a stupid bloody hat tonight a mouthfull and he walked off in a huff . Well St Blazey where brilliant Alan Carey has certainly got them playing well and dominated but Newquay should of scored 1st when they hit the post with Painter well beaten but after that St Blazey took over EX Newquay player Drummond scoring twice and Danny O,Hagan whose been around as long as Kevin MILLER scored . Tornado Bello had 1 run where he ran the full length of the pitch and was only stopped from scoring by a last gasp tackle by a Newquay defender . The young captain for St Blazey is  a fine player but what Newquay need is a player like Sam Cooper who was outstanding bet Newquay where dissapointed that he left them t go to Blazey this was a very poor display from Newquay i cannot understand the manager why didnt he bring some of the young lads on the bench on when your losing -0 3 . It was good to see the Godolphin lads Aaran and i think it was Ross couldnt really tell my eyes dont like floodlights , Off to watch the G play Helston there where Smokie is always made welcome from the friendly people there . Hope Newquay dont go down and to you Mr Silly Hat i will be up there next week to watch Parkway hammer another nail into the Newquay coffin . St Blazey will be a force next season 

Edited by 100%cornish
wanted to add bit about st blazey next season

I told you last time 100% to tell him to get lost,hes not on the Newquay committee and Don the chairman even brings his own dog sometimes,How could Newquay have 

their oldest player marking Tornado with their two fastest players in Conner Jamison and Louie Price on the bench,this cost us the chance of any result.

Well done to St Blazey and the evergreen Matt Drummond

Another great performance from St Blazey. Statue on the way for Alan Carey!? Seriously though, this team with a few extra additions could really be challenging at the right end of the table next season (permitting we stay up, which looks likely now). Brilliant performances from Kellow, Thackeray, Cooper, Jared Sims, Bello and Drummond tonight. Everyone had a good game to be honest! Roll on Helston next Wednesday, and roll on next season. All looks promising for the Green and Blacks. #COYG

56 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

I told you last time 100% to tell him to get lost,hes not on the Newquay committee and Don the chairman even brings his own dog sometimes,How could Newquay have 

their oldest player marking Tornado with their two fastest players in Conner Jamison and Louie Price on the bench,this cost us the chance of any result.

Well done to St Blazey and the evergreen Matt Drummond

Agree with you there Bazzer, i caught most of this game & felt for Poor Hughy Morgan who was left exposed a few times by the boy Bellos pace. Newquay must be delighted they collected some points at the start of the season as they have really gone down hill fast. As for St.Blazey, they look a different side that let us put 9 goals on them earlier in the season. They attack in numbers, created some good chances going forward & thought their back four defended very well & kept Newquay quiet. One down point was my coffee at half time, probably the worst i have ever tasted, luke warm & not very strong. 

6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Agree with you there Bazzer, i caught most of this game & felt for Poor Hughy Morgan who was left exposed a few times by the boy Bellos pace. Newquay must be delighted they collected some points at the start of the season as they have really gone down hill fast. As for St.Blazey, they look a different side that let us put 9 goals on them earlier in the season. They attack in numbers, created some good chances going forward & thought their back four defended very well & kept Newquay quiet. One down point was my coffee at half time, probably the worst i have ever tasted, luke warm & not very strong. 

Like Bodmin's present form! :P

Newquay created just three chances first half, Blazey were quicker to the ball and took advantage of some awful defending.

Second half started even worse and at 0-3 that should have been the end. However, the last half hour or 28mins to be precise, Newquay dominated, scored and could have added one or two more. 

With 2 mins or normal time and 4 confirmed mins of added time, did Newquay do the right thing by agreeing to let the result stand ? A hard nosed club would have said no, taken the refs decision to abandon and played again in the hope of getting a point or three, who knows what might have happened in those six mins ? Even one goal pulled back might count at the end of the season, it is that tight.

Villa are down, Newquay have games in hand but play Villa, Camelford and Callington which will be vital. On top of that they face Parkway twice, Torpoint, Witheridge, Ivybridge & Tavistock, could nine points be enough ?

I for one am very worried, if Newquay go down, it will be a long hard road back !!!

CALLINGTON TOWN 30 8 9 13 47 64 -17 33
NEWQUAY 29 9 4 16 38 67 -29 31
ST.BLAZEY 32 9 4 19 47 90 -43 31
CAMELFORD 28 7 8 13 37 66 -29 29
STOKE GABRIEL 32 7 5 20 51 61 -10 26
ELBURTON VILLA 31 5 4 22 27 91 -64 19