Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Argyle Reserves

With Plymouth Argyle Reserves looking likely to secure the promotion spot from the SWPL West, is there any update on where they will play next season? According to a report in the Plymouth Herald in February they had until March 31st to confirm that their ground would meet Step 6 requirements that includes floodlights. I assume playing at Home Park will not be an option!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-Argyle-reserves-promotion-hopes-rest/story-28666293-detail/story.html

Doubt that Mike - But I have no doubt that the football authorities will be bending over backwards to accommodate Argyle with lots of evening matches at the start of the season, to take care that there is no perceived  problem with Devon FA's cup fixtures at the end of the season on the ground. No doubt the rest of us will have to make do, with the usual explanation ' its down to involvement in National Cups'.:wacko:

Just now, baldy said:

The SWPL ground inspections will be done by now. Not sure if Coach Rd would have needed one or not. As usual, we will all have to wait for the AGM to find out the makeup of the 3 divisions.

On that subject, how did Ludgvan get on?

fixtures-resultsWillow

Thank you, I stand corrected,  but as you appear to want to make a point of it (and need to SHOUT it at me as well) I hope the below will be useful to you as taken from PAFC website. The Under 18s are called the Academy Team, the SWPL Team are the Development Team (not the A Team) also it would appear that as they are listed below the Ladies Team, this would suggest they are thus considered the fourth team (not the thirds) in the organisation!

1 hour ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

fixtures-resultsWillow

Thank you, I stand corrected,  but as you appear to want to make a point of it (and need to SHOUT it at me as well) I hope the below will be useful to you as taken from PAFC website. The Under 18s are called the Academy Team, the SWPL Team are the Development Team (not the A Team) also it would appear that as they are listed below the Ladies Team, this would suggest they are thus considered the fourth team (not the thirds) in the organisation!

ORGANISATION??, Plymouth Argyle?? Harrumph, the very idea!

2 hours ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

fixtures-resultsWillow

I apologise if I seem to have touched a nerve, I was merely pointing out that it's not the Reserves. In the old SWL days it was always the 'A' team from Argyle, both Reserves and 'A' team from Exeter and Torquay Reserves. I don't care what fancy name the club uses but a Plymouth team playing home games in Newton Abbot seems silly to me. Plymouth Parkway and Elburton both have suitable grounds and to my knowledge no Reserve team and both are in the Plymouth area.

16 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

I apologise if I seem to have touched a nerve, I was merely pointing out that it's not the Reserves. In the old SWL days it was always the 'A' team from Argyle, both Reserves and 'A' team from Exeter and Torquay Reserves. I don't care what fancy name the club uses but a Plymouth team playing home games in Newton Abbot seems silly to me. Plymouth Parkway and Elburton both have suitable grounds and to my knowledge no Reserve team and both are in the Plymouth area.

There is a nearer one - Home Park - they don't have a reserve side :D

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

this is Plymouth argyle Reserves severel of the reserve team have played in the 1st team like Louis Rooney , Ben Purrington , Tyler Harvey , really hoping to see the Plymouth Argyle team playing in the Premier peninsula league and playing Godolphin and Newquay 

Cornish - they do not have a reserve side - Tyler had to go on loan to Bath City for experience - they have a number of age related teams plus academy teams but no reserve side - so Home Park is free.