Cornwall Football Forum

I have just read on the south-west peninsular league's website that Carlsberg will not be continuing with their sponsorship of this league after the end of this season. I wonder what sort of impact that will have on the league and if they can find someone who can put in a similar amount over the coming years. Finally as a watcher of south-west peninsular league football I would like to give my sincere thanks to Carlsberg for the many thousands of pounds they have pumped in  during the last nine or ten seasons.

23 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Although I admit great sponsorship over the years, they've left it very late in letting the league know to enable them to get an equally as good replacement! 

To be honest, I would imagine it is going to be difficult to attract a major sponsor because with the small attendances, what is going to be the reward for a huge investment?

From the business point of view,the whole idea of advertising is to attract a large number of people - unlikely in this standard of football.

4 hours ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Does anybody know much money is involved in sponsoring the league?  Have Carlsberg just dropped the SWPL from their marketing budget or are they pulling out of football altogether?

Looking at the following link it's at least up around the £17k mark do this season! http://www.swpleague.co.uk/league/prize-money/

8 hours ago, BIG AL said:

To be honest, I would imagine it is going to be difficult to attract a major sponsor because with the small attendances, what is going to be the reward for a huge investment?

From the business point of view,the whole idea of advertising is to attract a large number of people - unlikely in this standard of football.

How deep are your pockets Big Al? The Big Al South West Peninsula League! :c:

On 16 April 2016 at 12:10, Dave Deacon said:

Although I admit great sponsorship over the years, they've left it very late in letting the league know to enable them to get an equally as good replacement! 

Surely the sponsorship was for a contractual period and thus both parties would know it was to expire, unless renewed? 

The League should have been seeking alternatives before now.

I say that all the members on the forum submit £100 to the sponsorship. It could then be called the "DaveDeaconDangerousOlderBruegelWillowRichardPastyManStJohn....... South West Peninsula League".  Stick that on the trophy :thumbsup:

Where does that £17k go?

Ahhh I see. I'll take a read. Thanks Dave. If they want, they can save some money and sponsor the Trelawny League. Should we win tonight and Saturday, we will win the league... We'd be happy with just a grand

4 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

I say that all the members on the forum submit £100 to the sponsorship. It could then be called the "DaveDeaconDangerousOlderBruegelWillowRichardPastyManStJohn....... South West Peninsula League".  Stick that in the trophy :thumbsup:

I like this suggestion though :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Dange'rous said:

I say that all the members on the forum submit £100 to the sponsorship. It could then be called the "DaveDeaconDangerousOlderBruegelWillowRichardPastyManStJohn....... South West Peninsula League".  Stick that on the trophy :thumbsup:

Where does that £17k go?

I'm not paying Bodmins, St Austell, and all the others budgets - no way.

I'd give it to a dogs home.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Keith B said:

Ah .. probably the best ....... !

If Carlsberg made League sponsors....(they's probably be the best League sponsors in the world.

This is probably the best Carlsberg TV ad ever: