Cornwall Football Forum

Exmouth v St Austell - Saturday April 2nd

Did Exmouth issue a programme for the match v St Austell on Saturday April 2nd ?  I am asking this as I wrote to the club secretary a week in advance of the match requesting a programme for which I enclosed cost plus a stamped addressed envelope for a prompt return,  a service which is usual from all League club secretaries. 

As yet I have not received the programme despite polite reminders to the club secretary and the match secretary, neither whom have had the courtesy to reply to my emails nor have I had my money back ! Was a programme issued on the day according to SWP League rules or not ?

Midlands original request never arrived at the club secretarys current address.

A follow up email did. This was replied to by Exmouth.

The Exmouth reply went unanswered by midland, who then contacted the club complaining about the lack of service from an Exmouth Town official who had already replied!

The same official then replied again by email and has still not received a response.

The Exmouth Town Football Secretary has already offered to send midland programme, as per last year in said email if one is available.

None of the emails to midland have had failure notices.

Sorry to carry on but Exmouth Town have done no wrong, and are trying to help, but all we get is bad publicity from midland who should check facts before condoning individuals publicly.

Regards

Shots

12 minutes ago, shots said:

Sorry to carry on but Exmouth Town have done no wrong, and are trying to help, but all we get is bad publicity from midland who should check facts before condoning individuals publicly.

Regards

Shots

I believe that condemning is the word you're after. I am surprised, as MLW is usually fairly thorough in his activities, and if he asked for a programme before the game, one should have been made available. You don't say whether the original request and monies were received.

14 minutes ago, shots said:

Midlands original request never arrived at the club secretarys current address.

A follow up email did. This was replied to by Exmouth.

The Exmouth reply went unanswered by midland, who then contacted the club complaining about the lack of service from an Exmouth Town official who had already replied!

The same official then replied again by email and has still not received a response.

The Exmouth Town Football Secretary has already offered to send midland programme, as per last year in said email if one is available.

None of the emails to midland have had failure notices.

Regards

Shots

I appreciate your reply but I must say that I haven't received any emails from you otherwise I would not said I hadn't.  I wrote to Brian Barnden as he was named as secretary in the SWPL handbook and is still named on the League website. I take it from your inference that Brian must have moved from the address in the handbook. If he has I can accept your explanation and it is a fault by the Royal Mail or by the current occupiers by not forwarding his mail. I would appreciate a programme being sent to me . I will notify you of my address by a forum message . I am grateful for your response but I didn't receive your emails. 

I do now understand that this situation was not a fault by officials of Exmouth Town F..C. , but due to the fact that your secretary had moved to a new address and my letter had not been redirected to him. If it had been delivered this issue would not have occured. I originally thought like on three previous occasions from different clubs my requests were eithet ignored or forgotten which  had understandably really annoyed me at the time. 

Your emails have been found by myself and were sent to a gmail account which I don't use not to my hotmail account. In light of this I wish to apologise to the two officials of Exmouth Town F.C., concerned for any unnecessary criticism and inconvenience caused. 

Next season I shall write to the Secretary's new address and then there should be no problem. Hopefully now this issue is resolved.