Cornwall Football Forum

ST Austell vs Helston

Off to St Austell tmmrw if its not peeing down should be a good game and look forward to seeing the nice friendly people there and the St Austell players make a fuss of Smokie . I think Helston are a very good team and in Mark Goldsworthy hes 1 of the best players in the league . Im going for a 1-1 draw .It was going to be a choice of going there or going and watching Newquay vs Tavistock but i think it will be a better game at St Austell .Its time to put the Marcus Martin incident to bed he did wrong he knows he did wrong we all have a moment of madness mine is usually in the summer with the holiday traffic here in Newquay 

Back from ST Austell and 1st i would like to say thankyou to everyone there for a very warm welcome starting from the moment i paid to go in then Phil Lafferty shook my hand and had a good chat with Jason Chapman and he bet a mars bar me St Austell would win 3-1 i said it would be a draw but not 3-3 . It surprised me when i saw Jason Chapman wasnt in goal but Jason Peters , i thought he was at fault with the 1st goal when it was him against Helstons no11 Buchan who beat him to the ball to score when he hesitated coming out but St AUSTELL equalised and to be honest should of won this game easily but the Helston goalie Wyatt was in tremendous form and ths St Austell defence should of prevented all 3 of the Helston goals but where slow to react especially on the 3rd goal when the ball hit the post and helston where fastest to the rebound to score .You wont get a much better goal than St Austells No6 Wannell scored a tremendous goal that nearly took the net off . Had a very enjoyable afternoon met some lovely people and just had a nice time my man of the match St Austell goes to Liam Eddy and to Helston Barrie Hyatt goalie . What the hell happened to Godolphin getting hammered by Elburton 5-0 Sean couldnt of been in goal  and no surprise with Newquay score losing 2-6 to Tavistock it will be a shame if they do get relegated a club with such a fine history if they do stay up the club needs a complete Revamp new manager better players just keep the 2 Annear brothers and rebuild