Cornwall Football Forum

BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON -Bodmin Town FC v AFC St Austell - May 04th - Priory Park 1930 kick off

NEARLY 700 GAMES OF FOOTBALL - THATS 63000 MINS OF ACTION - WE STILL DONT  KNOW WHO WILL WIN THE LEAGUE. 

So the season Boils down to this !!!

I doubt there has ever been a bigger game in the SWPL history

Bodmin Town FC entertain current league champions AFC St Austell on Wednesday the 4th May.

ST AUSTELL NEED TO WIN !! BODMIN NEED TO WIN !!

YOU CANT PLAY ST AUSTELL FOR A POINT THEY ARE TO GOOD FOR THAT 

BODMIN TOWN FC 

V

AFC ST AUSTELL 

PRIORY PARK 

1930 KICK OFF 

ADMISSION 

ADULTS £5.00

CONCESSIONS £3.00

UNDER 16 £1.00

BAR WILL OPEN AT 18.00

50/50 DRAW

REFRESHMENT HUT OPEN FORM 18.30

We look forward to welcoming the Players, committee and supporters of AFC St Austell to our ground on the 4th May in what I am sure will be a fantastic advert forour league and for Cornish Football.

1 hour ago, Money Man said:

NEARLY 700 GAMES OF FOOTBALL - THATS 63000 MINS OF ACTION - WE STILL DONT  KNOW WHO WILL WIN THE LEAGUE. 

So the season Boils down to this !!!

I doubt there has ever been a bigger game in the SWPL history

Bodmin Town FC entertain current league champions AFC St Austell on Wednesday the 4th May.

ST AUSTELL NEED TO WIN !! BODMIN NEED TO WIN !!

YOU CANT PLAY ST AUSTELL FOR A POINT THEY ARE TO GOOD FOR THAT 

BODMIN TOWN FC 

V

AFC ST AUSTELL 

PRIORY PARK 

1930 KICK OFF 

ADMISSION 

ADULTS £5.00

CONCESSIONS £3.00

UNDER 16 £1.00

BAR WILL OPEN AT 18.00

50/50 DRAW

REFRESHMENT HUT OPEN FORM 18.30

We look forward to welcoming the Players, committee and supporters of AFC St Austell to our ground on the 4th May in what I am sure will be a fantastic advert forour league and for Cornish Football.

Big game for sure, but Parkway v Saltash in May 2014 was of a similar standing.

Bodmin don't need to win? That being said I will definitely go have a look at this one. What sort of money are the top teams paying per player in Cornwall now? Be nice to see a good standard of local football and being shocked and appalled at the standard of Elburton v Godolphin

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Money Man you have the O and R the wrong way round!

We would need a separate thread to point out all the spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes in that post!

It's almost as if Leedsunited wrote it.

surly no one really cares, i mean, where's the ambition here? whats the point in paying out thousands over the season to only win a snippet of what you've forked out and then to not even take / apply for promotion!? Mousehole are doing exactly the same, why? when the money dry's up at these smaller clubs the players will soon move on elsewhere so grab the chance while you can i say!

According to Radio Cornwall (every 10 minutes) there is only one game in Cornwall tonight at Treyew Road.

I would suggest Bodmin get on to them to re dress the balance-Also big game at Saltash v Parkway and what about the local derby at Penzance v Mousehole where there is sure to be a good local turnout.

40 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

According to Radio Cornwall (every 10 minutes) there is only one game in Cornwall tonight at Treyew Road.

I would suggest Bodmin get on to them to re dress the balance-Also big game at Saltash v Parkway and what about the local derby at Penzance v Mousehole where there is sure to be a good local turnout.

Yes Mike, I heard it through the day with Leicester City continually being discussed. I thought to myself " there is another big game at Bodmin" but it wasn't discussed when I had the radio on throughout the day as we were touring the North Cornish coast. However they did mention Mousehole once, but not the match v Penzance. I will be at Priory Park tonight cheering on the lads whatever happens and Tavy on Friday night. 

8 hours ago, Keith B said:

Some players do still play simply for love of the game Sijames. 

Oh come on older - it's a big game to anyone interested in the game at this level. 

Weasel - most of the time you talk through your a-se. Don't know who you are, or where you're from, but you really sound a right prat. Godolphin have played some great football this season and certainly their game against Elburton was a 'one off' by their standards thus far this season. 

Did you watch the game Keith B? 

5 hours ago, Smiler said:

yes

Wrong.

5 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed as i want to see the game and take my dogs Colin and Barbara along

Watch it from outside the council ground, and give your dogs a run at the same time.

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Any neutrals would choose Bodmin v St Austell

I thought I said that (!) in a roundabout way.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Reading twitter- There is a big queue at Priory Park backed up to the clubhouse.

In goal for a changed AFC St.Austell is Peters-that can not be Jason who I heard  was last at St. Blazey-or could it be Dan son of ex Lillywhites manger John Peters.?

Jason Peters!

Commiserations to Phillip & all at St.Austell, next season maybe!! Good luck to Phillip in what he does next, probably a welcome break! So on to the Champions, what can i say about the Bodmin boys, the best team by far & Pretty comfortable in the end! Marathon not a sprint & we had the lads who were mentally tougher to get win the Championship. :thumbsup:

Firstly congratulations to Bodmin on winning the Premier Division, as they say, the league table never lies.

However, I must say thank you to both Bodmin and AFC St Austell for making the end of season run-in a lot more exciting than most of thought a few weeks ago.

It looked all over at Easter with Bodmin likely to canter to the championship, but somehow an inexplicable run of dropped points meant St Austell were given a lifeline, but then in the end, because of some surprise results from themselves, the initiative went back to Bodmin!

I’m assuming the “Pretty comfortable in the end!” is tongue in cheek as there were still a few nervous faces on the touchline last night when Martin Giles got the visitors second, even with only seconds to go!

Is it the biggest margin between Champions and runners-up? No, but Bodmin can claim it - in 2012.

2007-08               10 points between champions Bodmin and runners-up Saltash

2008-09               13 - Bodmin and Plymouth Parkway

2009-10               Goal difference - Buckland and Bodmin

2010-11               8 - Buckland and Bodmin

2011-12               19 - Bodmin and Buckland

2012-13               12 - Bodmin and Plymouth Parkway

2013-14               4 - Plymouth Parkway and Exmouth

2014-15               12 - AFC St Austell and Bodmin

2015-16               Possibly max could be 10 between Bodmin and AFC St Austell

59 minutes ago, beacon said:

Say what you like about Adam Carter he is in the team solely to score goals . 30 plus this season . And he's scored goals everywhere he's played ..

Apart from his stint at Tiverton Town  

But still a fantastic/prolific goal scorer at this level and any club in the Peninsula league would snap him up

9 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

I agree and certainly for many years he has been a prolific scorer but it has always helped that he has played for one of the top teams, but don't get me wrong I am not really criticising him just saying his mobility is not great and u would struggle to get a sheet of paper under his feet when he jumps

Ha ha funniest thing I've read, I would say that Carter has more to his game than just goals for a big lad has good feet and has always been a great foil for a little lad playing along side him, would get into any side in the league for another year after that reckon he would struggle. He has always been on the heavy side and still scored goals 

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 07:38, Sijames said:

surly no one really cares, i mean, where's the ambition here? whats the point in paying out thousands over the season to only win a snippet of what you've forked out and then to not even take / apply for promotion!? Mousehole are doing exactly the same, why? when the money dry's up at these smaller clubs the players will soon move on elsewhere so grab the chance while you can i say!

sijames, ill be the first to point out that Mousehole aren't doing the same. There is no player budget at the club and players even pay to train. Everyone at the club has worked extremely hard, both on and off the pitch. The ambition is there and thee are a few players disappointed not to be taking promotion, but everyone has the same opinion that we want to get it right off the pitch before making the step! Hopefully next year!

our prize money will go towards all the improvements and not towards the last games wages!