13 Launceston          38   9    17   12   51   58  -7   44 
 14 Cullompton          37   11   10   16   63   71  -8   43 
 15 Camelford           37   10   11   16   51   77  -26  41 
 16 Callington          36   9    12   15   54   71  -17  39 
 17 St Blazey           38   11   5    22   58   99  -41  38 
 18 Newquay             36   10   4    22   46   93  -47  34 
 19 Stoke Gabrie        37   8    7    22   56   66  -10  31 
 20 Elburton            38   6    5    27   40   115 -75  23

Well done Alan, I'm glad St Blazey have survived! i'm a Bodmin fan although i live in Canada now i look for the results each week....... Verry well done Bodmin, and with Darren in charge you have a strong leader and one of the nicest guys i know.. as long as your not in competition with him.... Still would like any program from this season Gilby...  Ow and Paul pleased for all at Blazey, the league would not be the same with out you.... Just my opinion.........

Great performance from the lads last night. Before anyone says NO its wasn't a weakened or second string Withy just a great free flowing quick ball moving display fromBlazey. 5v0 up at half time and could of been more!!!!!

If this is what this group of players can do when not under pressure well roll on next season

St Blazey 6v1 Witheridge 

As the teams came out the great escape theme tune was played over the loud speakers. :thumbsup:

What a way to end the season. A fantastic team.performance against a good Witheridge side. We moved the ball round with pace and created chance after chance. Nelson was brought down in the box and Tornado stepped up and made it 1v0. A Josh Simms corner was headed home by Drummo. Thackery added another. The flood gates opened and it was 5v0 at half time and could have been even more. The second half Withy improved and pulled one back with a good effort curling inside the far post. St Blazey responded well and made it 6 when the ball was clipped home at the far post. St Blazey could have added further goals in what was a really good performance with general play so much better. 

Have to give praise to Nelson who turns up every week. Dosnt always play a full 90 minutes but hes there and gives everything when he does play. Worth a fiver to get in to see his somersaults on its own. 

Alan has turned the season around. From the last 19 games we earned 33 points. If we had done the same in the first 19 games we would have finished clear 5th. So goes to show how well we've had to play to stay up. 

Roll on pre season. :drink:

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

In the nicest possible way Paul, you will not finish 5th next season! FACT!!! You have had a great run, but so have Camelford, & Callington, sorry to burst your bubble! But a fine job done in keeping your status.

To be fair to Paul he didn't say anything about next season, although IMO it's not unreasonable to expect this group of players and manager to achieve a top half finish next year. I'm just hoping we can keep this squad together. As it happens, over the same number of games, Camelford picked up 32 points and Callington 25. To their credit both improved in the second half of the season, but less than Blazey did.

As for the Witheridge game, Blazey played some classy passing football, vengeance for being dumped ignominiously out of the FA Vase earlier this season by Witheridge. The pitch was in good condition which certainly helped knock the ball around. The early penalty helped settle the nerves but Blazey looked very potent with each attack. O'Hagan will be disappointed not to have added a couple more to the scoreline, failing to react quickly enough to get on the end of an excellent chance at the far post and putting a free header over the bar.

Ok SteveM, i think the achievement of staying in the division after poor Daniel Bances torrid time at the helm speaks volumes for everybody involved at the club. I have had an affiliation & great affection with St.Blazey since the 80's so i was delighted with their results & safety. However i was talking to a guy involved with Witheridge last night at Blaise Park & he told me they were missing 4 regulars? He Also said last night was their 4th game in 6 days & played a cup final less than 48 hours previous!!! It certainly was not the Witheridge side that i have seen with Bodmin this season, i think you caught them on a very off night ( great for Blazey) but i would not get to carried away!

It's the 33 points from 19 games that excites me and other Blazey fans, not a dead rubber at the end of the season. We were, after all, only 14 points (if Falmouth don't win) off the top half despite having only accrued 5 points from the disastrous 1st half of the season.

Provided we can hang on to the same group of players and manager, add a centre half and perhaps a centre forward, I don't see why this team isn't capable of a top half finish. I think many of the teams we've beaten in the second half of this season would agree.

Catching teams on their off day is no excuse. That's their problem. To be fair every time we lost this season we were on a bad day. :)

We survived. Now its time to get things ready for the new season. Get the ground tidyed up. Pre season organised and if Alan is staying then he has a nice long summer to prepare. Who nos what the summer will bring. 

St Blazey second team are away to Mevagissey on Saturday and then home to Mevagissey on Monday night.