Cornwall Football Forum

Leagues in The Area

As I am moving down in August/September to the Redruth area, from Portsmouth, I was wondering which leagues in the area representent each footballing level? I have recently been playing in the Wessex Division 1 for US Portsmouth FC, so I am just curious which leagues are around the same standard. 

34 minutes ago, harrysargeant98 said:

As I am moving down in August/September to the Redruth area, from Portsmouth, I was wondering which leagues in the area representent each footballing level? I have recently been playing in the Wessex Division 1 for US Portsmouth FC, so I am just curious which leagues are around the same standard. 

What level are they? The South West Peninsula League Premier Division is level 6 on the pyramid system with Division 1 West as level 7. There is no official level 8 but the unofficial level 8 is the Jolly's Cornwall Combination League. Below that are the (current) six divisions of the Trelawny League. If you are based in the Redruth area these are the leagues you will want to look at.

Harry - Helston Athletic Football Club has 3 adult teams competing in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division, Jolly's Combination League and Trelawny League Division 2 respectively. If you would lie further details please do not hesitate to drop an e-mail to paul.m.hendy@btinternet.com or phone me on 07740 812555.  

1 hour ago, harrysargeant98 said:

Does my memory let me down (again) or weren't you on the forum a couple of months ago asking much the same question? As I recall several people offered you opportunities to visit various teams and you were going to come down a couple of weekends to check them out.

If it wasn't you, Mr Sargeant I apologise profusely and will make an appointment with my Psychiatrist forthwith.

14 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Does my memory let me down (again) or weren't you on the forum a couple of months ago asking much the same question? As I recall several people offered you opportunities to visit various teams and you were going to come down a couple of weekends to check them out.

If it wasn't you, Mr Sargeant I apologise profusely and will make an appointment with my Psychiatrist forthwith.

I did post a few months ago yes, but that was mainly about what teams were in the area. I forgot to ask last time I posted about which leagues represented which standards etc. so i just wanted see which clubs are which level. Also, I'm unable to visit clubs until August/September, when I move down.

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

What level are they? The South West Peninsula League Premier Division is level 6 on the pyramid system with Division 1 West as level 7. There is no official level 8 but the unofficial level 8 is the Jolly's Cornwall Combination League. Below that are the (current) six divisions of the Trelawny League. If you are based in the Redruth area these are the leagues you will want to look at.

Thanks for getting back to me on League levels. I am not 100% which level on the football pyramid Wessex Div 1 is. However, i am aware the promotion goes wessex div1 ~ Wessex Prem ~ Southern Leagues

2 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Wessex Div 1 is level 10 the same as SWPL Premier.

SWPL West is 11

And so on to Trelawny 5 is 18, Duchy 5 is 19.

Lowest level in England is 23 - Mid Sussex Div 10

Premier League is 1, Football League Championship is 2 and so on.

Good job I'm already standing!

4 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Really CTB, how disrespectful, it's Fairwarp Reserves, I wonder if Leicester City would like to invite them up for a friendly. It would be a nice, if totally unlikely gesture.