Cornwall Football Forum

Marcus Martin out of the game for 27 months

Marcus Martin of AFC St Austell Pleaded Guilty to a Charge of Breaching FA Rule E3 – Improper Conduct against a Match Official (Including physical Contact/violent conduct and Threatening and/or abusive behaviour) following a match against Tavistock AFC in The South West Peninsula League on 26th April 2016

A Discipline Commission of Cornwall FA has met to consider the case and having taken into account  all the evidence and in line with FA Sanction Guidelines and Regulations has Issued Marcus Martin with a suspension from all football and football activities for 27 months, in addition Mr Martin has been issued a fine of £150.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Marcus Martin of AFC St Austell Pleaded Guilty to a Charge of Breaching FA Rule E3 – Improper Conduct against a Match Official (Including physical Contact/violent conduct and Threatening and/or abusive behaviour) following a match against Tavistock AFC in The South West Peninsula League on 26th April 2016

A Discipline Commission of Cornwall FA has met to consider the case and having taken into account  all the evidence and in line with FA Sanction Guidelines and Regulations has Issued Marcus Martin with a suspension from all football and football activities for 27 months, in addition Mr Martin has been issued a fine of £150.

Very, very lucky boy - banned for life would have been my choice.

Just now, Bruegel the Elder said:

What, that you should retaliate first? Yes, it could have been longer or more expensive, but at least justice was swift and publicised. If only the Police/Criminal Justice System were as efficient.

Like the proverbial hole in the fence of the nudist camp, the police were looking into it, but was any action taken?

4 minutes ago, Keith B said:

You've lost me karaoke ?????

??????????? -  What ?

Any young referee could be put off with the thought of being assaulted and the lack of suitable punishment.....should have been a minimum of 5 years. There is already a shortage of referees and this sort of thing will not help

We may not all agree with the length of ban, but at least its been swiftly dealt with.

I wonder if the guilty plea contributed in any way to it not being a life ban that some have called for.

5 minutes ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Will the referee involved be facing any sort of sanctions for his role in the incident? It seems unfair young Marcus will miss so much football and yet the ref is allowed to carry on after inciting the incident in the first place??

We obviously have some real intelligence here guys, maybe we should ban the fans for shouting and ban their parents for having them, then you could fine the guy that put the air in the ball and the people who made the assistants flag that he waved.  Dont stop there........  there are the white line painters, the grass cutters and the litter pickers.

Some bleddy comments here methinks !!!

MQx

48 minutes ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

Will the referee involved be facing any sort of sanctions for his role in the incident? It seems unfair young Marcus will miss so much football and yet the ref is allowed to carry on after inciting the incident in the first place??

U guys don't realise he's on a wind up????

16 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Of course I do, wouldn't miss an opportunity to call someone an idiot though.

The ultimate opportunist

9 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Have St Austell FC as a club received any kind of punishment as they signed this player, he wears the club shirt and they should be responsible for any actions the player commits????

I hope not!!! Why should they?? Ridiculous comment! He has been punished (albeit a bit too much) so that should be it now. 

7 hours ago, Weasel Shwirk said:

The ultimate opportunist

I hope not!!! Why should they?? Ridiculous comment! He has been punished (albeit a bit too much) so that should be it now. 

You should know, you are an expert at RIDCULOUS COMMENTS

I wasn't there and all I know about the case is what I've read here and elsewhere, but surely the point about the club being punished isn't a completely wacky suggestion. If a supporter had come on to the field and assaulted the referee, the club (any club) would probably have been charged with failing to control its supporters, so why not when a player does it?

5 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

I wasn't there and all I know about the case is what I've read here and elsewhere, but surely the point about the club being punished isn't a completely wacky suggestion. If a supporter had come on to the field and assaulted the referee, the club (any club) would probably have been charged with failing to control its supporters, so why not when a player does it?

So if I , as a supporter , ran on to the pitch at , say , a Bodmin game said I supported them they should be punished . Wish I knew that as I would of done it a few times this season so hopefully they would of had a Pts deduction so others would of stood a chance ??

From the West Briton in 1976. - A soccer player who floored the referee in a game between Perranporth and Mawnan after being booked was sentenced to 3 months in prison, suspended for 2 years. Sentencing Gerald Halford, the reason for the sentence was because of a previous conviction for assault. The referee, Bernard McGrath of Newquay and of 16 years experience was knocked out but came round and was helped up by the Perranporth manager. The game, on 20th December 1975 continued but when Mr McGrath began suffering from double vision in the second half the game was abandoned. No long term damage was caused but the referee suffered severe bruising and his eye haemorraged.

Research won't do itself! I saw it on the front page. I'm sure he's learnt from his indiscretions. A few weeks before there was a photo of another young rogue in his football kit, a certain Mr Soccer Follower!