Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Charity Cup Final - Wednesday May 11th 2016

2 hours ago, green & white said:

Mousehole v St Dennis @ Bodmin 7.30ko

Come & enjoy the final, fans neutrals etc. 

What a ridiculous venue - surely somewhere mid way between the clubs would have been better, but then, the swpl officials lack common sense on this issue!

I think it was stated before that other neutral grounds were approached to hold this final and none were able too with games being played, no floodlights etc, and Bodmin were happy to do so, so fair play. 

Its going to be a thoughy for us but will give it our all, we are back to a full strength squad tonight which is nice for a change lol ? Must be a cup final hey. Lol 

hopeful for an entertaining game, which this season has already shown when we've played mousehole. ????⚽️

Mousehole played so well and St Dennis hardly had a sniff, although Steve Parker-Billinge did make a great save in the second half. I thought that Andy McKnight controlled a tetchy game well, although the language was a bit strong in some cases. It's a shame Mousehole didn't, wouldn't or couldn't take promotion as on their display tonight they would more than hold their own in the Premier Division.

8 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

I thought that Andy McKnight controlled a tetchy game well, although the language was a bit strong in some cases.

Yes the ref was fine, but I still don't understand that when a player shouts (not once, but twice) abusive advice towards the ref from no more than 30 yards away, that no cards are shown!

As far as the game went as a contest, I think it became out  of St Dennis' reach when Lee Rickard picked up a very early foot injury which slowed him down and prevented him from staying on very long.

I agree. Yes it's a final and everyone wants to win. The money was going to charity and there was a pretty good crowd. When your team is winning there is no need to shout across "Lino, that's f*****g b******s" to an experienced official who has been around for many seasons. :SM_carton: