Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay gaffer gone!

Well Jake Hartigan is leaving the G he would be a good manager hes done brilliant at the G it says in todays voice hes leaving to spend more time with his family Hope Newquay do get a good manager heard Alex Ferguson was coming out of retirement to take over but that could be a rumour my money is on ex G manager Tony McKELLAR 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Strong rumour around that could be Dennis Annear

Really? be surprised at this with his reason for leaving porthleven was work commitments, not only that i think his boys are playing elsewhere next season and he is aiming to spend his time watching and supporting them????

Could be wrong though?

I thought Dennis left Porthleven due to not being able to commit to the job due to work? Big gamble by Newquay as he has no managerial experience at all in the Premier Division & his record in the West Division was average at that. Nice chap Dennis but Newquay need a experienced managerial head that is not frightened to shake up a few players & staff behind the scenes, there has been some lingering there for a while now

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I thought Dennis left Porthleven due to not being able to commit to the job due to work? Big gamble by Newquay as he has no managerial experience at all in the Premier Division & his record in the West Division was average at that. Nice chap Dennis but Newquay need a experienced managerial head that is not frightened to shake up a few players & staff behind the scenes, there has been some lingering there for a while now

What they need is money that is how you become successful in this league as is proven year in year out .

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Darren Gilbert had no experience managing at Premier Division level but he did ok. Andy Westgarth hadn't, he did alright. I could go on but I won't.

6 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

Darren Gilbert had no experience managing at Premier Division level but he did ok. Andy Westgarth hadn't, he did alright. I could go on but I won't.

What!!! You could go on and become Newquays new manager, despite your lack of experience, but you won't? Oh I think you should Willow, you'd be brilliant!