Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Charity Day

Taken from the SWPL website

This years SWP Charity Day will be held on SUNDAY 31st JULY and the two matches this year will be staged at Wadebridge Town AFC and their excellent Bodieve Park Ground.

12 noon will be the Charity Vase – Played between the East & West Champions – Tiverton Town & Mousehole

3pm will be the Charity Bowl – Normally Premier & League Cup Winners but as Bodmin achieved the “double” it is 1st v 2nd in the league, so Bodmin Town v St Austell

Both matches are 90 minutes duration with penalties if necessary (NO extra time), clubs are permitted to name 5 and use 5 substitutes, as opposed to 3 from 5 that applies in league matches.

Admission is for the day, 2 matches for the price of 1, with profits from the day going to the league benevolent fund.

A  Chimp, i'm sure Gilby has been called worse... And what do you mean the best squad... i thought you said they were ordinary, only won because of Rocky.............. You need to wind back the brain and remember what you said before....... I don't know about the last 2 seasons    But i can assure you before that their budget was not in the top 3, i doubt it was the top last year....... you are obviously privileged to their accounts and know more than me. May be i should bow to your wisdom..... What do you think leedsunited ?

49 minutes ago, TRUE FAN said:

A  Chimp, i'm sure Gilby has been called worse... And what do you mean the best squad... i thought you said they were ordinary, only won because of Rocky.............. You need to wind back the brain and remember what you said before....... I don't know about the last 2 seasons    But i can assure you before that their budget was not in the top 3, i doubt it was the top last year....... you are obviously privileged to their accounts and know more than me. May be i should bow to your wisdom..... What do you think leedsunited ?

Interesting! Do you think Gilby is worried what he is called......when he is looking at the trophy cabinet!!? Do you think he cares who has spent what, who has spent the least or the most.....when he is looking at the trophy cabinet....?

I thought Pebbles was new to this forum, with not much knowledge on the local game, he is sure piping up now, maybe he is a player that did not make it at Bodmin, or a supporter of a rival club who did spend a fortune & won......nothing!! :yahoo:

18 minutes ago, pebbles88 said:

I am new to this forum because I've only just came across it but I've watched local football for years as for a failed player at bodmin no doubt as I am 50 I probably would struggle a bit but believe u me 15 years ago I think I would have been ok.I never actually called Gilby any names I just said a chimp could have managed them to the title

If we stumbled to win the league, & our performances were poor & we are not that good etc...yawn...yawn.....what does that say about the teams who finished behind us :thumbsup:

What a pleb pebbles!! Probably a very envious supporter, player or club man of another team. We finished top, Champions, Cup Winners x2 ! End of..