Cornwall Football Forum

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 17:15, pastyman said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be helpful if clubs publicised the dates of their forthcoming AGM's on here.

If clubs are unwilling to publish these details then they have only themselves to blame for the lack of support at the club and there dwindling gates !

Usually clubs are crying out for volunteers and people to help out and the call normally comes at the very last minute when things get desperate.

Do all clubs have AGM's at the end of the season?

12 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Not all clubs have AGMs at this time of the season, they can be organised at any time throughout the year.

As long as they are publicised to bona fide club members, I would have thought that would suffice?

So what if one is a loyal supporter and not a club member,perhaps because one cannot afford the membership fee - is this person excluded from the AGM ?

Being a loyal supporter and using the club there should be posters advertising the event, if it is held.

Harking back to the olden days, some teams would have an annual dinner and dance in March.

25 minutes ago, chairman said:

Club rules firstly would have to satisfy F.A.and Licence laws.

Would it be right for non members to vote at AGM?

Daresay most memberships will be under £10 and small price to pay to enjoy facilities and usually cheaper drinks if required.

I am not suggesting non members should be able vote at an AGM. What I am saying is that the ordinary loyal supporter like myself who goes to every home match and all away matches (when they are not silly morning ko times) should be allowed to attend the AGM. If a club wants loyal supporters, then at least attempt to engage with the supporters.

53 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I am not suggesting non members should be able vote at an AGM. What I am saying is that the ordinary loyal supporter like myself who goes to every home match and all away matches (when they are not silly morning ko times) should be allowed to attend the AGM. If a club wants loyal supporters, then at least attempt to engage with the supporters.

53 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Daresay most memberships will be under £10 and small price to pay to enjoy facilities and usually cheaper drinks if required.

Impossible to conduct AGM open to public.

On 6/19/2016 at 10:47, chairman said:

Impossible to conduct AGM open to public.

Doesn't seem like any clubs are holding AGM's

1 hour ago, ex-chairman said:

It is a requirement for all clubs to have AGM and produce a set of accounts so be assured they are taking place.

Also if it is a limited company, accounts must be filed at Company House and are then available for public viewing.