Thurs 28th July (at Porthleven)
Helston 2-2 Penzance

Sat 30th July FINAL DAY
Penzance 0-3 Porthleven
Falmouth 0-1 Helston

1 hour ago, Thea Norman said:

I think the point here is that all of us are a lot luckier than Dave Ga

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Dave Gardner would have got there what ever time the kick-off. Stop forever complaining and enjoy your life, while you can. 

rdner & need to be thankful that we may be able to see at least one of these games.

Why is Falmouth fielding its 2nd team ? I would have thought the firsts require all the practise they can get ?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Why is Falmouth fielding its 2nd team ? I would have thought the firsts require all the practise they can get ?

A little confused here? Now I do not wish to cause offence here but I am genuinely baffled, why do memorial games/tournements get organised for teams then to field their reserve sides? Are you telling me that Falmouth this evening resisted playing their best side, against one of their oldest rivals, in a tournament in memory of a fine sportsman who done & worked hard everytime he played for any team including Falmouth Town, for them to play a reserve team tonight as their first team has a fixture tomorrow against a pub side from Plymouth? To me that is a tad disrespectful & confusing?

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

A little confused here? Now I do not wish to cause offence here but I am genuinely baffled, why do memorial games/tournements get organised for teams then to field their reserve sides? Are you telling me that Falmouth this evening resisted playing their best side, against one of their oldest rivals, in a tournament in memory of a fine sportsman who done & worked hard everytime he played for any team including Falmouth Town, for them to play a reserve team tonight as their first team has a fixture tomorrow against a pub side from Plymouth? To me that is a tad disrespectful & confusing?

I think it is disgusting - the match against Windmill should never have been arranged and the match against Penzance should have produced their 1st team This is certainly disrespectful against Penzance !

6 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Dave Gardner
Penzance 3-1 Falmouth
Porthleven 1-4 Helston

Team P W D L F A GD PO
Helston 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3
Penzance 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 3
Falmouth 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0
Porthleven 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0

Falmouth town 2 losses within 24 hours . Time to register for the Duchy League little wonder did not enter the FA Vase !

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 22:08, leedsunited said:

Totally agree with Leeds United on this one (Don't say that much!!!) Dave Gardner was a Falmouth Town legend who played in one of the best sides the club has ever seen.  He showed amazing application, energy and sportsmanship in his career and deserves to be shown respect by ALL the clubs in this tournament.  I saw both Falmouth games mentioned in this thread and I struggled to see the point in prioritising the Windmill game over the Dave Gardner tournament. Surely the 2nd team could have fulfilled the Windmill fixture if we had to play it. I as a fan would say that the Penzance game was more important.

On a more positive note it was very interesting to watch the many young Town players on Friday night. I hear the majority of them were under 18. Special mention to a couple of players that played both Friday and Saturday. Firstly the young centre-half named Archie.  Although understandably out-muscled at times, he was excellent on the ball and made a few "John Stones" like runs out from the back to set the play up.  Very promising.  Secondly Ollie Walker who scored one of the best goals I have seen for a while at Bickland on Saturday against an experienced Windmill side.  He still has a bit to learn off the ball but can really play when given possession in the right areas.

Up the Town!

58 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Totally agree with Leeds United on this one (Don't say that much!!!) Dave Gardner was a Falmouth Town legend who played in one of the best sides the club has ever seen.  He showed amazing application, energy and sportsmanship in his career and deserves to be shown respect by ALL the clubs in this tournament.  I saw both Falmouth games mentioned in this thread and I struggled to see the point in prioritising the Windmill game over the Dave Gardner tournament. Surely the 2nd team could have fulfilled the Windmill fixture if we had to play it. I as a fan would say that the Penzance game was more important.

On a more positive note it was very interesting to watch the many young Town players on Friday night. I hear the majority of them were under 18. Special mention to a couple of players that played both Friday and Saturday. Firstly the young centre-half named Archie.  Although understandably out-muscled at times, he was excellent on the ball and made a few "John Stones" like runs out from the back to set the play up.  Very promising.  Secondly Ollie Walker who scored one of the best goals I have seen for a while at Bickland on Saturday against an experienced Windmill side.  He still has a bit to learn off the ball but can really play when given possession in the right areas.

Up the Town!

It really is disgusting that the first team find it above themselves to play in this tournament. If they sign for a team of swpl standard, they should be totally committed as they are being paid for their services !

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Falmouth and Porthleven squads for Saturday.

Referees for Saturday.

When clubhouse and t-hut is open on Saturday.

Unfortunately the Falmouth programme editor has resigned so I have had to step in. 

What is really going on at Falmouth Town ?.Do not seem able to even field a first team !

57 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

What is really going on at Falmouth Town ?.Do not seem able to even field a first team !

Surely pre season is the time to see what players can make the grade and who would be a valuable player to be able to call on from the 2nd X1???? Also Big Al ..... They won last night!! So maybe the 2nd team boys who stepped up did a good job?

For someone who supposedly supports Falmouth Town you only ever have negative comments aimed at the club or team - i don't really understand the logic behind them??

1 hour ago, Granty said:

Surely pre season is the time to see what players can make the grade and who would be a valuable player to be able to call on from the 2nd X1???? Also Big Al ..... They won last night!! So maybe the 2nd team boys who stepped up did a good job?

For someone who supposedly supports Falmouth Town you only ever have negative comments aimed at the club or team - i don't really understand the logic behind them??

I pay a premier entry fee to see the premier team - quite logical !

11 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

was ment to play falmouth 2nd team down there on thursday but been called off apparently to work on pitch ready for saturday. what work does the pitch need this tims of year? 

Certainly should have all been finished a few weeks ago. No excuse really.

Paul -would you have the goal scorers for the Helston 2 Penzance 2 game?
Penzance look to be the favourites to lift the trophy-They were the first winners in 2005 and have twice more been holders in 2008 & 2013

Falmouth have won the D.G.M.Trophy on 5 occasions ,Penzance 3,Helston 2,Porthleven 1