Cornwall Football Forum

Elburton Villa v Plymouth Argyle

Nothing about the game on Elburton's web page and nothing on Cornwall Football Forum reference the game -                                                  Elburton v Plymouth Argyle (Wed 19.30)

Come on Elburton if you want people to attend the game  then lets advertise it .

Cheers for posting Andy B...

I think I covered Twitter and FB linking into Argyle fans and local reporters but missed an opportunity on here and our website.

When we found out the whole 1st team were playing we were over the moon and always knew the score could be high.

Argyle dominated and the floodgates opened after about 30mins.

To have a pro club come to any local ground is a big thing, however we've been able to accommodate and enjoyed doing so.

I would think St Blazey, Tavistock and Bovey Tracey would all agree it's a pleasure to host clubs like Argyle.

We look to re-build our team, take on new challenges in Div One West and look forward to visiting/welcoming new opposition from both sides of the border.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodisplay.asp?parm=2016-07-20F1

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elburton-x-argyle-x-3197056.aspx

Argyle have been very good to the local sides. They havnt been asking to share gate receipts. Just cover a bit of travel costs. Can't knock Argyle one bit. Fans getting to see first team players at every game. A good way to get local fans intrested in the new season. 

Paul spot on regarding Argyle being good to local sides. We've now had the pleasure of having their 1st team 3 out of the last 4 pre-seasons.

Even down to the fact that the changing rooms were left spotless, dug outs left spotless, players came in for grub (some asked for seconds), all were polite and pleasant, it all adds to the event and makes it worth it. The 'Green Army' were also a credit to the club (att: 953).

Gate receipts were kept and we just needed to make sure match official costs were covered, some food laid on afterwards and parking provided for Argyle players, management and officials. Argyle even insisted that we use their match balls for the game! I'm using that as the reason for so many goals lol!

On 18/07/2016 at 20:40, ANDY 'B' said:

Nothing about the game on Elburton's web page and nothing on Cornwall Football Forum reference the game -                                                  Elburton v Plymouth Argyle (Wed 19.30)

Come on Elburton if you want people to attend the game  then lets advertise it .

It was mentioned on the Pre season friendlies thread but I guess nobody bothered to read it!