Cornwall Football Forum

Players Moving

What is it with some players today, they give their word that they will be joining a club and then change their minds and

join another club ,in my day a mans word was his bond.

Money again is the main cause of the problem, when if ever will this player merry go round cease ,club committee,s must

realize that they are causing the problem and are not getting value for money by agreeing stupid budgets.

1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

What is it with some players today, they give their word that they will be joining a club and then change their minds and

join another club ,in my day a mans word was his bond.

Money again is the main cause of the problem, when if ever will this player merry go round cease ,club committee,s must

realize that they are causing the problem and are not getting value for money by agreeing stupid budgets.

Thats some rant Bazzer! There must be a target to that statement!? I seem to remember Newquay enticing a few players when they had the big Flybe sponsorship!? 

13 hours ago, Bazzer said:

Say it as it is Leeds

very true, the thing is, i can understand those clubs who pay out for players to come in if they as a club show ambition, by showing it, i mean accept promotion when it comes and then put the work in off the pitch with facilities etc.

why on earth clubs pay out so much money only for them to win the league and not move up is beyond me!

Money is the main problem but not the only reason why players leave this early in the season, they could not be featuring much in pre season games and feel like they aren't going to play much during the season and want to be playing more minutes, or even you get some managers who bring them in for numbers in the squad and then freeze them out after signing better players. Sometimes players sign at a better club and don't enjoy it and just want to play with their mates, don't forget this is a hobby 

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

very true, the thing is, i can understand those clubs who pay out for players to come in if they as a club show ambition, by showing it, i mean accept promotion when it comes and then put the work in off the pitch with facilities etc.

why on earth clubs pay out so much money only for them to win the league and not move up is beyond me!

There are alot of clubs that fit in to that bracket, even look down the leagues at Mousehole. Imagine being one of the clubs that pay out so much & win nothing!! (Ask Phillip Laffs last season!)

2 hours ago, Bazzer said:

Think all clubs that win the league should take promotion or face a points penalty at the start of the next season

other wise what is the point of the pyramid system.

I have been saying this for years but get told I'm boring, the teams that do it keep Cornish football in the gutter and it won't change until the FA do something about it which I believe is around the corner.

The trouble is the fa put all these rules and regulations in the way that cost lots of money and this could hold some!! Clubs back. You can be the best team in the league but without proper support off the pitch it will all fall apart and could cause serious damage to a club. Hayle and Wendron too their credit tried and it has taken them both a few years to regain their strengths