Cornwall Football Forum

CHARITY CUP FINALS

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

No not going mt wise nothing to play for really St Dennis wrapped that tournament up im going to see the clash of the 2 giants Smokie said he will see u soon hope Jack scores again but ends up on the losing side vs the G HAVE A GOOD DAY RAPPO 

Should have gone, as St Agnes win in the Battle of The Saints.

Back from  Wadebridge game ended as i predicted St Austell winning vs Bodmin on pens well the match too be honest wasnt a classic lots of niggly fouls and poor refereeing sending Liam eddy off for St Austell and Steve Bowker for Bodmin when a boking would of been enough this was a friendly and the ref could of let the game flow more but he decided to send Eddy off early and then decided to even it up by sending Bowker off . I thought Bodmin really missed Rocky Neale and Kevin Millers presence in goal but Moore had a good game ,after Eddy was sent off Goldsworthy workedhis sox off on his own up front but my mom goes to Martin Giles who was a collosus in the St Austell Defence but in the penalty shootout 2 marvellous pen saves by Jason Chapman  and Smokies friend  Smokie was dissapointed he wasnt in the St Austell team photo but well done to them and Bodmin still have a very good team and in Dan Sullivan they have a real good player .It was lovely seeing the St Austell ge tthe 1st silverware of the season 

13 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from  Wadebridge game ended as i predicted St Austell winning vs Bodmin on pens well the match too be honest wasnt a classic lots of niggly fouls and poor refereeing sending Liam eddy off for St Austell and Steve Bowker for Bodmin when a boking would of been enough this was a friendly and the ref could of let the game flow more but he decided to send Eddy off early and then decided to even it up by sending Bowker off . I thought Bodmin really missed Rocky Neale and Kevin Millers presence in goal but Moore had a good game ,after Eddy was sent off Goldsworthy workedhis sox off on his own up front but my mom goes to Martin Giles who was a collosus in the St Austell Defence but in the penalty shootout 2 marvellous pen saves by Jason Chapman  and Smokies friend  Smokie was dissapointed he wasnt in the St Austell team photo but well done to them and Bodmin still have a very good team and in Dan Sullivan they have a real good player .It was lovely seeing the St Austell ge tthe 1st silverware of the season 

Giler is a tremendous player. All heart and always gives 100%, a true team player. 

Hes the sort of player you want by your side some of the tackles and headers he made this afternoon would make you whince hes hard as nails but fare u can have a few pints tonight to celebrate your teams great victory it was nice Jason made a point of coming over and saying hello which was lovely 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Hes the sort of player you want by your side some of the tackles and headers he made this afternoon would make you whince hes hard as nails but fare u can have a few pints tonight to celebrate your teams great victory it was nice Jason made a point of coming over and saying hello which was lovely 

Yes, well done to Chappers on the two penalty saves. Already had a couple of pints 100%, my grandson's 1st birthday party !

Think the player got eddy sent off . Rolling around like a baby , once the card was shown up and running again , but hey ho. Late in the 2nd half chappers had the chance to roll around and get a player in trouble but got up n got on with it , saving a player on a yellow being sent I'm sure . 

Not sure if some of the above comments came from people who were actually watching the game.

Eddy's sending off was clear cut, he had been fouled about 20 seconds earlier and then after the ball had gone violently kicked the Bodmin player from behind - stupid and petulant and should have cost the game after 4 minutes - if he was getting paid one would hope he has donated it to charity.

Bodmin sending off was for two fouls for Bowker leading with his elbow, again clear cut but the only way he was going to get ahead of a solid St Austell defence. 

The lad Evans does all the good looking stuff, just a shame he doesn't keep his head up when it counts for simple passes, poor distribution  

Bodmin had several chances to seal the game against a very, very well organised St Austell team. As soon as it came to penalties, Chippy was in command, saved two and got a had to two others  

Both sides showed glimpses but on today's performance other top teams will take heart. 

9 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Not sure if some of the above comments came from people who were actually watching the game.

Eddy's sending off was clear cut, he had been fouled about 20 seconds earlier and then after the ball had gone violently kicked the Bodmin player from behind - stupid and petulant and should have cost the game after 4 minutes - if he was getting paid one would hope he has donated it to charity.

Bodmin sending off was for two fouls for Bowker leading with his elbow, again clear cut but the only way he was going to get ahead of a solid St Austell defence. 

The lad Evans does all the good looking stuff, just a shame he doesn't keep his head up when it counts for simple passes, poor distribution  

Bodmin had several chances to seal the game against a very, very well organised St Austell team. As soon as it came to penalties, Chippy was in command, saved two and got a had to two others  

Both sides showed glimpses but on today's performance other top teams will take heart. 

Spot on Bobjfh, Eddy clearly stamped on the poor boy Hillson, I think he was trying to get even after the tackle made on him on the touchline a minute or so earlier, Eddy is a class player and really doesnt need to get involved with that. Bowkers red was his own fault, he lead with his elbow three or four times so has no one to blame but himself.

i thought St Austell looked a class act to be fair and I cant wait for the return league games.

Well done to Wadebridge for hosting a good days football to

15 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thanks Dave!

13 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Completely agree Bobjfh! 

Yes, Evans had the opportunity to release the ball earlier at times, but clearly the St Austell tactic - regardless of whether it was 11v10 or 10v10 - was to be direct towards Goldsworthy (utilising his strengths) or run at the Bodmin defence, therefore simple passes were not always available.

Jamsey7 - you may well be right and hard to judge as never got to see Eddy and Goldsworthy playing alongside each other and whether that may of changed things. Wasn't having a go at Evans, he has bags of quality - just not quite the finished article - yet.