Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS CAMELFORD

Well here we go again the start of the season and it hasnt come quick enough off out tmmrw to watch the G in action and hope they do well just got a feeling they wont have such a good season without the influentual Jamie Lowry in there team . I hope Newquay have a good season but cant see them getting much out of there 1st 3 games . My top 5 like i have mentioned b4 are PLYMOUTH ARGYLE ,PLYMOUTH PARKWAY ,ST AUSTELL ,BODMIN ,TAVISTOCK 

Well the new season has started with a win for the G VS Camelford the 1st half was pretty poor the G players where still lying on fistral beach catching the sun and went 1-0 down on the stroke of half time when a run from a Camelford player down the wing and a easy tap in for Camelford no 8 the G hardly ever give away this sort of goal .After a half time talk by the manager Jamie Lowry and Russ Millson and brilliant substitution they equalised with a Jared Sims Header and won the match with a brilliant freekick by the brilliant Aaran Dilley my Man of the match is easy Jared Sims 1 hell of a signing he was everywhere what a brilliant player and brilliant signing the No8 and no3 both had fine games for Camelford and the young goalie did well as well . Well done to the G great start 

More like an end of season match than a campaign opener. With G missing a couple of players, they looked rusty and lacked sharpness. An uncharacteristic mistake from Pinnell almost let in Camelford who hit the post before a determined run into the box by their no.10 set up a tap in for no.8. Worth their half time lead....

G introduced Alex Cole at half time and he brought some pace, urgency and grit to their attacks. The first 15 minutes of this half transformed the game with a good header by Sime equalising and then a very well-struck free kick off the underside of the bar by Dilley put G in front.

Fairly even and uneventful thereafter but three points in the bag and performances will improve (will need to against stronger sides!)