Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL PREMIER DIV - SATURDAY, AUGUST 6th 2016

FOR MATCH REPORTS, COMMENTS AND REACTION

FA CUP EXTRA PRELIMINARY ROUND

Bodmin Town 2 Cheddar 2 - replay Tuesday August 9

Buckland Athletic 2 Plymouth Parkway 3

St Austell 2 Street 2 - replay Tuesday August 9

Please note that due to FA Cup replays, Tuesday’s Premier Division fixtures Plymouth Argyle Reserves v Bodmin and St Austell v Newquay have been postponed

SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Callington Town 2 Helston Athletic 1

Exmouth Town 3 St Blazey 3

Falmouth Town 5 Newquay 1

Godolphin Atlantic 2 Camelford 1

Launceston 2 Tiverton Town Reserves 1

Saltash United 6 Witheridge 0

Tavistock 8 Ivybridge Town 0

Took in the Saltash game today and have to say I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

haven't watched them much recently but today, they played some well constructed football and were, on the whole, pretty ruthless in front of goal and some great wing play on both sides.

What's happened to Witheridge? Usually a very well organised a tough side but they looked as though their side has been decimated over the summer season. Young inexperienced lads that looked a little overwhelmed at times - hope they pick themselves up after a 6-0 whomping. 

Exmouth 3v3 St Blazey.

Live updates on twitter while out and about in London. A few strange looks when I cheare the St Blazey opener outside the London Eye. :yahoo: Good point really because Exmouth always a hard place to go in the first half of the season. A few players unavailable I believe so that's a great point. Parkway away on Tuesday should be an easy 3 points now. :drink:

3 hours ago, Henning Berg said:

Took in the Saltash game today and have to say I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

haven't watched them much recently but today, they played some well constructed football and were, on the whole, pretty ruthless in front of goal and some great wing play on both sides.

What's happened to Witheridge? Usually a very well organised a tough side but they looked as though their side has been decimated over the summer season. Young inexperienced lads that looked a little overwhelmed at times - hope they pick themselves up after a 6-0 whomping. 

Indeed Saltash were a joy to watch today, hopefully they play at the same level throughout these opening weeks as could help them finish higher rather than lower.

Two away games to come this week now for the Ashes as they face Calington and Bodmin - nice to have football back.

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Exmouth 3v3 St Blazey.

Live updates on twitter while out and about in London. A few strange looks when I cheare the St Blazey opener outside the London Eye. :yahoo: Good point really because Exmouth always a hard place to go in the first half of the season. A few players unavailable I believe so that's a great point. Parkway away on Tuesday should be an easy 3 points now. :drink:

You sound as happy as I was yesterday Paul at 5pm with us scoring reasonably late to get us a cup replay on Tuesday evening! Although we equalised late in our game, you conceded! Exmouth always a tricky fixture. That Tornado Bello is a one man team down there, he scores every week, I heard he was looking for a move closer to a certain Plymouth side which might have an effect on how your season pans out?  We move on to Cheddar on Tuesday evening, thats what the FA Cup is all about, at my age though I suppose I had better take Wednesday morning off work!