WALTER C PARSON CUP

FIRST ROUND

Camelford 3-0 Bovey Tracey

Elburton Villa 3-1 Plymouth Marjon

Launceston 0-1 Holsworthy

Newton Abbot Spurs 1-3 Plymstock Utd

St Blazey 2-2 Helston Athletic (aet)

(5-4 on pens to Helston)

Saturday September 17 (2.30pm unless otherwise stated)

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Bodmin Town 1 

Godolphin Atlantic

St Austell

Saltash United

Tavistock

Witheridge

WALTER C PARSON CUP

First Round

Axminster Town 

Exmouth Town

Brixham

Callington Town

Bude Town

Newquay

Budleigh Salterton

Teignmouth

Dobwalls 

Porthleven

Exwick Villa

Ivybridge Town

after extra time (2-2 at 90 minutes)

Exwick Villa win 4-3 on penalties

Illogan RBL 

Penryn Athletic

Liverton United

Millbrook

Mousehole

Wadebridge Town 

Sidmouth Town

Crediton United

St Dennis

Penzance 

St Martins

Tiverton Town Reserves

after extra time (2-2 at 90 minutes)

Sticker

Liskeard Athletic

Stoke Gabriel

Cullompton Rangers

Torridgeside

Alphington

Totnes & Dartington

Plymouth Argyle Reserves

University of Exeter

Appledore

Vospers Oak Villa

Galmpton United

Wendron United

Falmouth Town

Should be a good weekend with all 4 Prem matches having a bearing on the top of the table, even though early on there's a couple of 'can't loose' matches. 

A lot of cup matches hard to call as County U18's  also playing on Saturday against Devon U18 - several clubs (both counties) will have players away. 

Launceston 0-1 Holsworthy

The only goal came after 55 minutes.

If anyone from Launceston reads this you may need to get some bulbs for the floodlights. On the stand side, of the 12 lights, only three were on, one on each and the one under the turbine was dark.

Camelford 3 - 0 Bovey Tracey

In fairness a very one sided match with Camelford squandering several (5+) easy chances and Bovey Tracey offering little - other than continual abuse of the referee from one of their management team.  Camels took lead through an early own goal - great cross in leaving defender little option than to put something on the ball, unfortunately for him, straight into top corner. 

Second goal shortly afterwards with cracking finsih from Pooley - keeper left himself in nomads land and beaten from 20 yards. Third goal from Gus leaving score 3-0 at half time and all but over.. Second half Camels wasted numerous opportunities and probably should have finished with 6 or 7 - but I'll take the 3-0 for the prediction league.

Keeper for Bovey was, for me, their best player and Cornwall U18 will have to be on form to beat him tomorrow as Devon U18 keeper - Reg resting his 4 County players tonight. Bovey also had a couple of players (their no 4 especially) who seemed intent on fouling at every opportunity - with a less lenient ref they could have easily finished with 8/9 players on the pitch.

Seems like most of the 'action' was at Blaise Park tonight with a win after penalties to Helston. 

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Penalty shoot out action from the St Blazey v Helston match. It was a game that deserved to be decided before the penalties as both sides had their chances,

Completely agree Dave, my second visit to Blaise Park in 3 days, both times have been very similar, a poor attendance & lack of quality! Although a lovely cup tea from the tea hut! St.Blazey can't seem to win a raffle at the moment, after the pens I heard someone mutter thats 10 defeats in a row for them.  

Axminster Town   0-1   Exmouth Town

Brixham   5-1   Callington Town

Bude Town   1-2   Newquay

Budleigh Salterton   6-2   Teignmouth

Camelford   3-0   Bovey Tracey

Dobwalls   1-0   Porthleven

Elburton Villa   3-1   Plymouth Marjon   (55)

Exwick Villa   2-2   Ivybridge Town   (Exwick Won on Penalties)

Illogan RBL   2-0   Penryn Athletic

Launceston   0-1   Holsworthy

Liverton United   5-1   Millbrook

Mousehole   4-2   Wadebridge Town

Newton Abbot Spurs   1-3   Plymstock United

St Blazey   2-2   Helston Athletic   (Helston Won on Penalties)

St Dennis   3-1   Penzance

St Martins   2-3   Tiverton Town

Sidmouth Town   2-3   Crediton United

Sticker   5-0   Liskeard Athletic

Stoke Gabriel   4-1   Cullompton Rangers

Torridgeside   1-2   Alphington

Totnes & Dartington   2-6   Plymouth Argyle

University of Exeter   4-0   Appledore

Vospers Oak Villa   0-2   Galmpton United

Wendron United   2-1   Falmouth Town

Can only draw hope that we've only just lost to Callington with 10 men and held on for a draw after extra time with 10 men and players missing and only just done on penaltys. 5 away games coming up which look winable at Godolphin Bodmin Falmouth Tiverton and Argyle. Easy. Onwards and upwards. As for the poor crowd last night, no one new about it till the Wednesday night. So no surprise there was only 40 odd there. :wacko: Games like that need advertising. Not helping either that bloody sky are putting premiership games on like Chelsea v Liverpool on a Friday night. It was one night that non league sides could drag out the extra fans with no football on the T.V. :SM_carton:

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why was that Paul?

I only found out like several others that the game was being played on the Friday night when it was given out over the tannoy before kick off before the Callington match. Several regulars not there on Friday night. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I only found out like several others that the game was being played on the Friday night when it was given out over the tannoy before kick off before the Callington match. Several regulars not there on Friday night. 

Is that because they did not know Paul or fed up watching losing every week, somebody in the crowd there on Friday said that was your 9th consecutive defeat & I heard him moaning all the way back to the car park!! To top off the gentlemans weekend he was going to St.Austell the following day in hope they would beat Saltash. :thumbsup:

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:10, Dave Deacon said:

15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Is that because they did not know Paul or fed up watching losing every week, somebody in the crowd there on Friday said that was your 9th consecutive defeat & I heard him moaning all the way back to the car park!! To top off the gentlemans weekend he was going to St.Austell the following day in hope they would beat Saltash. :thumbsup:

We've lost 9 on the trot since we drew at Exmouth. I've seen 8 of them. I was spared the 5v0 defeat at Withy as it was my daughters birthday. Although we lost to Helston on pens it was a better result over the 120 minutes. Bring on Godolphin.