Cornwall Football Forum

All Roads lead to Underlane

Saturday  2-30pm Walter C Parson (SWPL Cup) 1st.Round Wendron United v Falmouth Town

Falmouth Town play their first ever competitive game at Underlane  (the home of Wendron United) at first team level.

The only previous encounter was a C.Senior Cup tie at Bickland Park season 2008-09

Result Falmouth Town 4 Wendron United 2 AET. (Bryn Wheeler,Bobby Bryant,Steve Kellow,Sam Hunter----Matthew Roberts,Justin Searle)

Interestingly the Wendron Manager Gary Pascoe is now the coach at Falmouth.---Ed Timmons playing for Wendron

The Falmouth management was Bryn Wheeler and Tommy Matthews

Displaying samsung phone 1226.jpg

Great day obviously, what Charlie Davis and Jack Greenwood are achieving in charge of the first team is great and we have a real buzz all the way through the club with all teams achieving well. Perhaps our biggest 'scalp', although we had a great Senior Cup run under Paul Murray three(?) years ago and also won the Combo League Cup and Evely Cup, both huge achievements. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Great day obviously, what Charlie Davis and Jack Greenwood are achieving in charge of the first team is great and we have a real buzz all the way through the club with all teams achieving well. Perhaps our biggest 'scalp', although we had a great Senior Cup run under Paul Murray three(?) years ago and also won the Combo League Cup and Evely Cup, both huge achievements. 

Time now for Falmouth to wake up - perhaps give some more youngsters a chance. Without playing time they will not evolve and will soon be off to clubs where they can get a game.

I suppose the cornwall youth match once again diminished the team.

We moved out to Carnmenellis last October so Wendron is my local team. I go to every Truro home game but when they are away look for a local game, normally Helston.

This week i chose to pay my first visit to Wendron United as it is only up the road, and was very impressed with the set up and friendliness of the people there. It seems I chose a good day to go reading comments on here, possibly the greatest result in Wendrons history, the biggest scalp? 

I must say really enjoyed the game, some good football was played and there was little difference between teams on the day, so well done Wendron and good luck in your cup run, at least its still on unlike Truro's dismal effort.

I will look forward to my next visit to Underlane. 

I recognised the ref as well, he's been at Truro several times and is at least consistent in that he likes collecting names in his book, was there a player not booked? 

Edited by prazeyrunner
added bit about ref