Cornwall Football Forum

So to the rat that said saltash were like Christmas decorations...what do you have to say after our result today?

I don't know why people are biting on here, no one wins a league this early on. Obviously everyone knows Saltash used to pay top money and won nothing and now they are doing ok on a low budget they think they are heroes??? The newest Saltash fans will soon be gone if they drop a few points. Saltash in the past struggle to keep the same side week in week out so I would say they will fall away, but fair play they've beat what's in front of them and that's all you can ask for 

Mockey jackson, you are quite correct, in past seasons Saltash did have trouble  in fielding a settled  side. But that was a result of certain  players letting the club down at last minute. The goalkeeper situation became embarrassing,  without mentioning  any names.

But I thinkthat has all changed and Saltash have a settled side now. Made up of players who actually  want to play for the  club.

You are quite correct pastyman, the trouble has been fielding a settled side and not scraping around for players each week, they also seem to be looking at more localised players and not so many of the "big name" signings, which looks like it has worked. The goalkeeping situation seems to have settled too, the young lad in there looks the part, bhut i would still like to see them sign sam borthwick, another i believe local player who would improve them.  In ryan richards they seem to have really gotten the best out of him, he looks sharp and hungry and if he carries on like he has started, then he could follow in the footsteps of levi and rocky by progressing through the leagues.  Well done saltash!