Cornwall Football Forum

Billy Hopcroft

Bodmin and especially Rocky Neal got an awful lot of praise on here last season and continue to do so this year and rightly so! After Billy scored 40 goals for Bude in the west division last season and seems to score every time I see him for Bodmin, does his work go slightly unnoticed? I would stick my neck out and say that with the likes of Carter, Sullivan and Bowker up there with him he will be right up there in the top goalscorer charts and not only that Bodmin will be fighting tooth and nail for the title. 

Delighted for Billy hitting the headlines at Priory Park.

Not so long ago Billy alongside Liam Eddy was causing havoc playing for Cornwall Under 18's in the South West Counties Youth Championship.

Conversation wise you could'nt get a lot out Billy, he did his talking  on the field of play.  I did manage to catch up with him at Reg Hambly's Anniversary match ( at the end of the season), and congratulate him on his 40 odd goals for Bude, and my thoughts were then that he needed to preform on a bigger stage. Well he certainly is, and proving just what a good goalscorer he is.