Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United 10 SWL wins

Take nothing away from Saltash, winning 10 games in a row is a fantastic effort and beating teams like St Austell and Bodmin as well as other strong teams on the way deserves credit.

Heard last week though that some of their players from last season still have not been paid from games towards the end of the season???? Any truth in this as surely it cant be right as some of the players are still playing their.

Credit to the boys Cusack and Bunney for assembling a competitive side and hope they can go all the way.

1 hour ago, teflon123 said:

Take nothing away from Saltash, winning 10 games in a row is a fantastic effort and beating teams like St Austell and Bodmin as well as other strong teams on the way deserves credit.

Heard last week though that some of their players from last season still have not been paid from games towards the end of the season???? Any truth in this as surely it cant be right as some of the players are still playing their.

Credit to the boys Cusack and Bunney for assembling a competitive side and hope they can go all the way.

If the above is true I think it is fantastic that the players are showing loyalty to the club and must have great team spirit to stay together, going on a great run in the process. Good to see some players in this league not just at a club for a little brown envelope stuffed with cash 

also funny how Saltash are doing well everyone starts to try and shoot them down. Just serves as great motivation to the ashes. As for Saltash Soldier, highly unlikely he is at all affiliated with the club, probably a supporter/player of a rival club trying to stir things up

I think its best to see what the situation is after all 38 matches have been played. 

4 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Keeping me quiet!? How naive, medals are distributed in May, not September! Trust me, I know as Bodmin have been there Many, Many times before! Let the boy ... or girl have his or her moment in the sun :yahoo:

And so they should with the start they have made!

For once I agree with you !!!

On 18/09/2016 at 13:17, Mike Odgers said:

Is this a SWPL Premier record to a start of a season?

I have early records of the SWPL and have found both Bodmin Town (2007-08) and Buckland Athletic(2009-10) have recorded 15 consecutive wins during a season.

The best I have found for Falmouth was 8 consecutive League wins 2011-12

Phil Hiscox has some info on the SWPL website in the forum section about unbeaten runs.

16 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

SW Peninsula League now in its 10th season.(2007-2016)

NO club in any of the three Divisions (Prem,1East,1West) has ever completed a season unbeaten.

The best Bodmin season was 2011-12 ....P.38--Won 36--lost 2 For 145--against 34

Mike, how many successive league wins did Parkway put together at the start of the 2013/14 title winning season?

In 1970/71, Falmouth Town went undefeated, winning 31 and drawing 3 of their 34 games. They scored 130 and conceded 21.

in 2001/02, St Blazey went undefeated, winning 33 and drawing 3 of their 36 games. They scored 120 and conceded 25.

In 1974/75, Falmouth went undefeated in the Western League, winning 31 and drawing 9 of their 40 games. They scored 122 and conceded 26.

Information courtesy of fchd.info

2 hours ago, Tribute said:

Mike , did st Blazey go undefeated in the south western league or any other side to that matter ? 

The only two clubs in the SWL history to complete a season unbeaten -as Willow stated

1970-71 Falmouth Town

2001-02 St.Blazey

37 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

In 1970/71, Falmouth Town went undefeated, winning 31 and drawing 3 of their 34 games. They scored 130 and conceded 21.

in 2001/02, St Blazey went undefeated, winning 33 and drawing 3 of their 36 games. They scored 120 and conceded 25.

In 1974/75, Falmouth went undefeated in the Western League, winning 31 and drawing 9 of their 40 games. They scored 122 and conceded 26.

Information courtesy of fchd.info

Falmouth began their Western League era at Ladysmead (Tiverton) in 1974 and suffered their first WL defeat at the same ground in 1976

17-08-74  Tiverton Town 2 Falmouth Town 2--------01-01-76 Tiverton Town 4 Falmouth Town 3

Falmouth created a Western League unbeaten  run P.53--W.43-D.10.Gf.173--Ga.39.

This WL record was surpassed by Tiverton Town in 1994.  P59.unbeaten.

26-12-92 Lost 3-4 at Elmore  to 27-09-94 Lost 1-2 at Paulton Rovers

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Mike, how many successive league wins did Parkway put together at the start of the 2013/14 title winning season?

Is it Ian?-Unfortunately I stopped doing the SWPL result sequence after four seasons but I am sure Phil Hiscox has your answer on the SWPL website forum.

One interesting season in The Cornwall Combination League 2009-10

Penryn Athletic Reserves went unbeaten P.38-W.28.-D.10. F.128-A25 buit finished as runners up to.Illogan RBL by 5 points who lost 3 games,---P.38.-W.32.-D.3,-L.3-F.140-A.23

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

It was 10 wins and lost in the 11th game