Cornwall Football Forum

Recent comments

The Management Team of Saltash United have asked for the following to be published. 

We would like to thank everyone who has got in touch or posted on here to congratulate us for the start we have made to the season. However as a group we are well aware that medals and trophies are not handed out for breaking records.  We remain focused on the task in hand which is to get Saltash United competing as high up the league table as possible for as long as possible. We have made a fantastic start to the season which gives us a great platform to work from as we enter the winter months.

Over the weekend we have watched closely while a poster has portrayed himself as a Saltash United Fan. In doing so he has spoken negatively of fellow teams and more disappointingly other players. We would like to make it known that we as a club do not support this way of thinking and while this kind of attention may well come with the new found territory we find ourselves in, it’s something would like to separate ourselves from.  

We value all the support we receive, the increase in away support on Saturday at St Austell was noticeable and well received by all involved. We now ask that our supporters remain calm and just continue to support the team in the best way they can – by turning up to games and cheering the lads on. 

Any further negative comments towards other teams/players is not supported by us or the players of our club 

Thanks Matt Cusack and Dane Bunney

What Matt Cusack and Dane Bunney have achieved this season so far is fantastic,  but it is still only September.  The team they have assembled are playing under a restricted budget, but has players who actually  enjoy playing  for the club and their managers.

The team this season has been very settled, so far and this has payed dividends.

Make no mistake, "the ashes" have not made themselves  favourites to win the league, but they are doing their best.

The likes of Bodmin, Plymouth Parkway,  Plymouth Argyle, Tavistock and Tiverton will be in there challenging at the end of the season.

I am enjoying the football played by "the ashes" this season and encourage existing supporters  of the club to tell their friends what is on offer at Kimberley  Stadium. 

I walked into Saltash United 10 or so years ago and enjoyed it - have been going since, a way of following a local football team and having local interest - playing other local towns and able to watch away games as an Ashes fan.

As I watched the pre-season matches, I allowed myself to not get to to attached in the games knowing come the first league game pre-season is over, was treated to great football and passion by the side, this continuing into the season.

We're going through a good period and reminds me of Leicester last season, only 7-8 weeks into a long season though - who remembers Robinho at Man City, started amazing only to dip in the winter months - hopefully the side do not do the same but until that period comes we will never know.

A good start means that a good start and something to build on, 10/10 gone - the next batch of 10 now start. Where will we be after those 10? Would be foolish to think the run will continue because of what has happened to date now that the Autumnly/ Winter weather hits.

Great for Matt and Dane what they have done so far and long may that continue - I have my own view on what would be a good season for the Ashes, a view I thought would be good for the club before the season started and thinking about it now would still take it. By posting it with the club in a great position, I would be being a bit negative. Clive Tyldsley once quoted when Fulham went 3-1 up at Old Trafford, "Fulham are in dreamland." As an Ashes fan, we're in dreamland right now top of the league and long may that continue - one game at a time - come on you Ashes.