Helston Athletic   1   Plymouth Argyle Reserves   5

St Austell   5   Ivybridge Town   2

Witheridge   1   Torpoint Athletic   1

Division One (East)

Crediton United   2    Galmpton United   1

Division One (West)

Liskeard Athletic   2   St Dennis   4

Plymouth Marjon   1   Bude Town   2

Si my son plays for Helston & i have just been told quite a few players for argyle tonight from 1st team, don't think 3-1 is anywhere near the result tonight but would love to see it. 

Rumour has it Derek Adams watching tonight?

Bloody hell Dave 0-8 on your prediction scoreline really. Either Helston have been so unimpressive over the two Blazey matches for you as you were there or Argyle are outstanding. Will either bow to you later or rub it in if its less than 5:yahoo:

25 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Si my son plays for Helston & i have just been told quite a few players for argyle tonight from 1st team, don't think 3-1 is anywhere near the result tonight but would love to see it. 

Rumour has it Derek Adams watching tonight?

Bloody hell Dave 0-8 on your prediction scoreline really. Either Helston have been so unimpressive over the two Blazey matches for you as you were there or Argyle are outstanding. Will either bow to you later or rub it in if its less than 5:yahoo:

with Plymouth's current form in the league 2, and position, i very much doubt they'll be risking many of their first team in tonights game, maybe a few 'borderline' / benchwarmers, which granted may still be too much, maybe i was a little generous! still, lets get behind the cornish boys and send the devoners back over the bridge!

I caught the final 25 minutes of the Helston game. The difference in class was obvious all across the field. Helston defended quite well at times, the margin could have been greater but for some good last ditch challenges and a few good saves from Barry in goal

Watched this tonight, firstly, impressed with what Helston have done with their ground - looking good.

Pitch the best I've ever seen it (!) used to be awful - but not now, credit to the groundstaff...don't think I could make it look better than it did tonight - there's a lot of hours gone in there - well done from me.:thumbsup:

Halftime burger and a cup of tea - impressive as well....could've been smaller (!) my god that took some eating :thumbsup:

The game. Argyle to good from start to finish, and ran Helston ragged all over the pitch for 70 odd minutes, especially in the second half.

They could have doubled their score with some better finishing, Helston had one chance and took it well, after that - chasing shadows.

Downside, the keeper could very easily have walked with his language, heard it from all over the pitch, luckily the referee took it as aimed at the keeper himself, so escaped a yellow :SM_carton_y: and then what would have been a red :SM_carton: very lucky fella there.

Needs to calm down a bit, chill out and keep a firm grip on his lack of control, or he will be off a few times this season for sure.

All in all a good evening out, entertained (by Argyle) well fed by Helston, and well controlled by all three officials. 

2 hours ago, The Turk said:

How Liskeard lost tonight is beyond me, absolutely ran st Dennis off the park and should of won easily with the chances! Didn't deserve to lose 4-2!

I don't think it was quite like that, liskeard played very well and didn't deserve to lose, I agree! But they dominated after we went down to 10 men. We always looked dangerous on the counter. My opinion, a draw would have been a fair result cuz we had our fair share of chances aswell. I'm sorry to say but who reffed that game today, he was appalling ! I have never seen a refereeing display like it, ruined an absolute crackin game to be honest. But I'll take 3 points, whether you think we deserved it or not ???

Yeah have to agree on the referee, never seen anything like it, did completly ruin the game, it's not the first time he's done that tho with a game we've been in! From where we were watching I don't understand how he didn't see the handball on the line & from what our boys said the ball was clearly over the line on another occasion too! 

Well I’d firstly like to reiterate those words about Helstons ground, looking superb and something they should be very proud of. But, yes always one, what a display from Plymouth, I did fear for Helston at 1-0 as Plymouth looked rampant as the home goal keeper (reserve keeper maybe?) had a howler, but credit to Helston who took what was possible their only real chance in the first half to make it 1-1. Then a rash shove in the back from the big Helston centre half resulted in a penalty which was easily put away with the keeper cemented in the goal.  Again a bright start to the 2nd half from both teams, and it took a few minutes for Plymouth to find their rhythm, and then never looked back, again created chances left right and centre and with some help from the home keeper gifting them another couple of goals, a shame really this lad seemed to just be a little daunted by the lights and stature of the game, and it could have been 8-10 realistically.

On the subject of red cards and foul and abusive language I to was disappointed in the actions of the home goal keeper, every chance he seemed to shout out something towards the opposition and officials and never had a word from the man in the middle, handled the ball outside the area which the linesman correctly waved for, but the referee soon ushered his flag down as Plymouth scored from the chance anyway, correct or not I’m not sure, but the game was dead and buried by then. And lastly, shouting the length of the pitch at the Plymouth players to ‘shake my hand, show some respect, go and collect your cheque’, a real lack of class and maturity.

Helston certainly a club on the up, certainly need a few more quality players as they looked a little weak on the bench also with the players they brought on possibly from their reserve team too? Great set up though and I thought overall the officials had a good game, value for money, yes!

Completely correct regarding the handball outside of the box. Keeper wasn't aware of the Plymouth player behind him, so he drops the ball and gets challenged. He dives and punches the ball away (outside of the box), rightfully flagged by Paul Kempen, the young assistant. If it weren't for the fact that Plymouth scored from it, the keeper would/should have walked. Regardless, he should have been cautioned. 

I must admit as one of the Working Group, I was appalled at the language (and content) on display, especially with our recent attempts to eliminate it (keep an eye out for the inbound document). There were young kids, women etc present. They should not have to be subjected to that! The ref took quite a bit of s**t aswell which is never nice to see.

On a positive note... Facilities looked fantastic.

6 minutes ago, Football solution said:

Interesting to see no complaints from Helston with regards the amount of 1st team players that Argyle fielded. However it certainly looks like its better to play Plymouth on a Saturday.

i don't think you will hear any complaints form them either......they must understand that's what "could" happen if you face a reserve side!'

I think they took it as a compliment that Argyle chose to field the 9 pro's and indeed probably relished the challenge.  Nice to see Derek Adams, the Argyle First Team manager there watching to add a sense of realism to the game and indicate just how serious the Pros were actually taking it.

Si James think you may be having a small sly dig at Barry Wyatt the FIRST TEAM goalkeeper if not i apologise but Barry is no reserve keeper & has well & truly kept Helston in many a game this season aside of his larger than life attitude & gob he is without doubt in the top ten of goalkeepers in the county right now. Of course we all have an opinion so i don't want to hear flying Harry the rat from such & such in div 4 is ten times better I'm just aware of a lot of keepers especially west cornwall & he's good & a real shot stopper. Should he criticise with foul language NO but keepers are a rare breed & you have to have some lunacy to dive at players size 10s every week. Last night was fantastic for Helston afc i really enjoyed watching & although my son played up top with a slight groin injury know one was taking away that game for him, at 18 & Matt up top at nearly 18 these games are great & will bode them well in 2 or 3 seasons from now. To be fair Si as well it could of been double figures as Helston naturally chased shadows for 80 of about 90 mins but Barry made as many point blank saves as he certainly made errors. Im sure there are better keepers out there but i for one think he's a little crazy as said but a loveable character who may just keep quiet for a game of which I'm sure i would be bored. Dangerous I'm not falling out with you fella I'm really not but you have been reffing for 12 months & post on every little small detail that you can I'm pleased you attended last night but to say you were appalled is ridiculous really as for the three officials Steve in the centre & Kevin on one line they would eat Barry for breakfast & would look at him as a cat. Paul is calm & also does not worry about to much. Think you will find the ladies & children all enjoyed themselves very much. Please lighten up:thumbsup:

On to Saturday for Helston & just a small road trip to Bristol in the FA vase. Good luck to all..  Now which little chef do i stop at first:yahoo:

9 hours ago, The Turk said:

Yeah have to agree on the referee, never seen anything like it, did completly ruin the game, it's not the first time he's done that tho with a game we've been in! From where we were watching I don't understand how he didn't see the handball on the line & from what our boys said the ball was clearly over the line on another occasion too! 

I can't comment on that cuz I couldn't see from where I was on the pitch but just overall.....that is the worst refereeing performance I've seen in a very long time. 

Point taken Marksy; with the handball outside the box, (those saying it should have been red), I'm simply saying that the ref got it right as a goalscoring opportunity wasn't denied, so it shouldn't have been a red (but it was a deliberate handball). It doesn't matter if I officiate or not, I'm literally just quoting the laws :)

Your words regarding Barry are spot on. A very good goalkeeper indeed and certainly made some important saves in that game (although I was only there for the second half- got out of work early :yahoo:)

Appalled is a good word for me if I'm honest. I was stood right by Barry's goal so I could hear pretty much everything in that third. It wasn't good listening and I heard many remarks from where I was standing from other spectators regarding the language and words used. It just put a negative light on what I thought was a good game (well, 2nd half for me).

You have to remember that I am personally trying to stop (prevent?) all of this language and bring in this "respect" and positive behaviour ethos together with three members of the FA. I will always take a negative stance on foul and abusive language/behaviour. Barry can be quite intimidating on that field and a lot of that is due to what he says and does (aswell as his goalkeeping ability). Unfortunately, it's not very nice most of the time. A good bloke though and a very good player.

17 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

You have to remember that I am personally trying to stop (prevent?) all of this language and bring in this "respect" and positive behaviour ethos together with three members of the FA

So were the officials last night asked why they didn't take any action? Or have they got that pleasure to come? 

Thats got nothing to do with me Dave. They/we (all referees) will receive a brief from the Referee Development Officer when the recommendations/policy is released by Richard Pallot. It clearly states the action to take. Until it is released and in the public domain, I won't say too much about what is in it. Foul and abusive language/dissent was quite rightly one of the priorities. 

It's been released to myself and the other guys on the panel. We received it today and are now mulling it over and putting our inputs into it. It won't be long, a few weeks maximum I would say 

9 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe the best in West Cornwall but not a patch on some of the keepers in the league, some of the keepers have been playing this standard for many years & collecting top senior honours in the process

Fair comment but with no disrespect to Helston, they've also had the advantage of playing behind some very good defences. Barry is having to work hard to keep a clean sheet. Definitely one of the better keepers around at the moment, although because of the nature of the guy, he won't be everyone's favourite.

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Fair comment but with no disrespect to Helston, they've also had the advantage of playing behind some very good defences. Barry is having to work hard to keep a clean sheet. Definitely one of the better keepers around at the moment, although because of the nature of the guy, he won't be everyone's favourite.

Personally, I believe there are good keepers, & exceptional keepers, not many nowadays fit the latter as they have done over the years, however I dont see this Helston keeper in the same bracket as Dan Stevenson, Spider Hider, Jason Chapman, Martin Piper, Big Kenny Griffiths etc...good keepers, that have won honours in good sides for a number of seasons

What are you implying about Helstons Defenders David!! :ninja::excl:

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Personally, I believe there are good keepers, & exceptional keepers, not many nowadays fit the latter as they have done over the years, however I dont see this Helston keeper in the same bracket as Dan Stevenson, Spider Hider, Jason Chapman, Martin Piper, Big Kenny Griffiths etc...good keepers, that have won honours in good sides for a number of seasons

What are you implying about Helstons Defenders David!! :ninja::excl:

Well seeing as you only wrote 5 & i said Barry would be in the top ten i rest my case.:thumbsup:And as a Man u supporter to get another one  over the dirty Leeds makes me even happierB):yahoo:Ps of course we are all entitled to our own opinions but Spider Hider aint got a touch on Flying Harry the Rat:ph34r:

Ok, Shawn Semmens out Godolphin, Kevin Miller, Sam Botherick up Callington, Dave Painter, the young lad up Saltash, thats 10 Marksy!! Anyway, I pressume by your argumentative nature your new to the Premier Division circuit? Trying to make a name for yourself?! Let me guess after reading your recent posts, your son is new to the division & made a few starting appearances now daddy thinks he's the buisness.. yeah!? :thumbsup: 

Seen it all before.....yawn yawn :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Ok, Shawn Semmens out Godolphin, Kevin Miller, Sam Botherick up Callington, Dave Painter, the young lad up Saltash, thats 10 Marksy!! Anyway, I pressume by your argumentative nature your new to the Premier Division circuit? Trying to make a name for yourself?! Let me guess after reading your recent posts, your son is new to the division & made a few starting appearances now daddy thinks he's the buisness.. yeah!? :thumbsup: 

Seen it all before.....yawn yawn :thumbsup:

:yahoo:Cant believe you would think I'm argumentative, trying to make a name for myself:yahoo:Does this mean in your opinion Barry is 11th then.  As for my Son you nearly hit a nerve :ooh no maybe not. Appreciate that you spent all that time on going through my posts though i must have just got underneath that first layer........Anyway must go Daddies off to watch his little boy play in Bristol.