Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL VS STREET - SAT 24TH SEPTEMBER - 3.00PM KO - FA VASE

Does seem slightly strange that St Austell now have Eddy, Goldsworthy, Prynn and Bello - 4 great strikers. I know with League and Cup fixtures it's good to have a decent squad - but 4 strikers is going to make it hard to keep them all happy - unless the're only there for the money.  

Or is it that St Austell simply don't want other teams to have any strikers?!?!

You also have to feel for St Blazey - 1 point from 10 games and now lost their main goal threat. 

5 hours ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Looking forward to seeing the boys in action today. A very good performance on Tuesday night v Ivybridge, a number of players took their opportunity well in place of a number of regular first team players out with injuries. Welcome to Tornado, hopefully he puts the wind up the opposition ! (Sorry !). 

Does not look like he put the wind up anything, however I bet the win was right up their Street!!!! :yahoo:

Sorry midlandlilywhite I had to get that in!! 

Don't think town getting the best decisions from the men in black . Following last Saturday's penalty retake , we had a situation where defender and forward chasing a high ball back to goal , goalkeeper sprints out and catches ball outside of area where he quickly turns back towards his goal and stretches his arms out to try and convince the Lino he is in his area . Lino flags and after talking with the ref , decision direct free kick and yellow . Explained it to a qualified ref last night who shrugged his shoulders and said straight red , end of . Any other refs out there want to comment , I even said to the ref last night I don't think he meant it and his reply , " makes no difference. "

23 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Does not look like he put the wind up anything, however I bet the win was right up their Street!!!! :yahoo:

Sorry midlandlilywhite I had to get that in!! 

Tornado came on for the last 20 minutes and made an impact with some good direct runs and played a big part in the two goals in the late fightback. He "breezed" through his debut. The lads played well and were unlucky to lose, unfortunately defensive lapses and not taking our chances cost us. However good luck to all the SWPL clubs remaining in the competition. 

3 hours ago, Tribute said:

Don't think town getting the best decisions from the men in black . Following last Saturday's penalty retake , we had a situation where defender and forward chasing a high ball back to goal , goalkeeper sprints out and catches ball outside of area where he quickly turns back towards his goal and stretches his arms out to try and convince the Lino he is in his area . Lino flags and after talking with the ref , decision direct free kick and yellow . Explained it to a qualified ref last night who shrugged his shoulders and said straight red , end of . Any other refs out there want to comment , I even said to the ref last night I don't think he meant it and his reply , " makes no difference. "

Get over it,if town played better they'd have won end of story!!!

better off coming st Dennis n watchin wets play there snake hips

Town are struggling defensively losing lee is massive as his passion and ability laws second to none the last few seasons. I know they bought in tom chambers but his best years have been with bodmin. Giles is solid heart on sleeve and chambers experience will help him watts and lean are class acts. With chapman behind still one of the best I am sure that st austell will be fine. Dont right them off they were better than Saltash the other day they just need a bit of luck now.

Disagree there, Tom Chambers is a quality defender & would walk in to most sides, very good defender. Having seen these players in action over the years I would put Giler in that bracket as well. Watts has a great left foot, one of the best in the division, sometimes predictable. Lean was very steadily consistant but is top heavy & slow, good wingers/managers would, will, & have exploited that