SWPL - fixtures for Friday & Saturday, Sept 23/24 2016

Friday September 23

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

DIVISION ONE (EAST)

Newton Abbot Spurs 2-0 Brixham

Saturday September 24 (3 pm)

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE

Second Round Qualifying

Brislington                           0              Plymouth Parkway          1

Cullompton Rangers       4              Budleigh Salterton           1

(After extra time; Score at 90 minutes 1-1)

Exmouth Town                  1              Witheridge                         0

Keynsham Town               0              Tavistock                             6

Portishead                          1              Helston Athletic                3

(After extra time; Score at 90 minutes 1-1)

St Austell                             2              Street                                   3

Wells City                            1              Torpoint Athletic              2

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

Premier Division

Bodmin Town                    2              St Blazey                              0

Callington Town                0              Tiverton Town Res           4

Ivybridge Town                 1              Launceston                         6

Newquay                            2              Camelford                           4

Plymouth Argyle Res       2              Saltash United                   1

Division One (East)

Appledore                          4              Teignmouth                       1

Exwick Villa                         1              Galmpton United             4

Liverton United                 3              Axminster Town               0

Sidmouth Town                2              Bovey Tracey                     1

Stoke Gabriel                     2              University of Exeter        2

Torridgeside                       0              Crediton United                1

Totnes & Dartington       2              Alphington                          1

Division One (West)

Dobwalls                              0              Sticker                                  6

Illogan RBL                          3              Wendron United              1

Liskeard Athletic               5              Bude Town                         1

Millbrook                             1              Mousehole                         4

Penryn Athletic                 1              Wadebridge Town           1

Penzance                            2              Plymouth Marjon             2

Porthleven                         1              Holsworthy                         1

St Dennis                             0              Elburton Villa                     0

Vospers Oak Villa              1              Plymstock United             0

Panda - it's agreed by the clubs beforehand. The main deciding factor for a lot of clubs is simply money. Home teams have to pay travel and profits / losses are split between clubs - if there are large travel costs and little chance of large gate receipts then both clubs stand to loose money - the money paid at this level in Vase is not a lot. Clubs like to have a 'little' run in the Vase or Cup but very few have any chance of progressing far so have to be cautious as to how much they spend. 

PREMIER

Saturday 24th of September 2016
Bodmin Town 2 - 0 St.Blazey
Callington Town 0 - 4 Tiverton Town
Ivybridge Town 1 - 6 Launceston
Newquay 2 - 4 Camelford
Plymouth Argyle 2 - 1 Saltash United

DIVISION 1 EAST

Appledore 4 - 1 Teignmouth
Exwick Villa 1 - 4 Galmpton United
Liverton United 3 - 0 Axminster Town
Sidmouth Town 2 - 1 Bovey Tracey
Stoke Gabriel 2 - 2 University of Exeter
Torridgeside 0 - 1 Crediton United
Totnes & Dartington 2 - 1 Alphington

DIVISION 1 WEST

Dobwalls 0 - 6 Sticker
Illogan RBL 3 - 1 Wendron United
Liskeard Athletic 5 - 1 Bude Town
Millbrook 1 - 4 Mousehole
Penryn Athletic 1 - 1 Wadebridge Town
Penzance 2 - 2 Plymouth Marjons
Porthleven 1 - 1 Holsworthy
St Dennis 0 - 0 Elburton Villa
Vospers Oak Villa 1 - 0 Plymstock United

Courtesy of SWPL website

Saltash lose their 10 match 100% record.

Wendron lose again (0-3,1-3) after last weeks cup shock over Falmouth.

Sticker looking impressive and will fancy their chances in the forthcoming Senior cup tie at Falmouth.

Bottom (West) club Vospers end high flying Plymstock's unbeaten run.

Only three of the 56 SWPL clubs now unbeaten-Parkway--Sticker & Elburton

Illogan 3 - 1 Wendron

Absorbing game. 0 - 1 HT, 45th minute goal by Wendron's No 5, equalised in the 46th minute by Illogan's 8. Yes, two goals neatly sandwiching half-time (tea £1). Just as we in the stand were opining that a draw would be a fair result, Illogan's 12 netted on 85 followed by a bit of running the ball to the corner 1960s Leeds United style, capped off by an unlikely 3rd goal from Illogan on 88 by their No 9 who had done nothing all game but concede silly fouls, run to offside positions and walk back. A bit flattering to Illogan but a tasty three points to savour. Both 'keepers played their part in keeping the score down. Wendron's must be 6 foot seven if he's an inch: he got the only card I saw, for dissent, it seemed.

Bodmin 2v0 St Blazey 

Bodmin deserved their win but it was painful to watch. They don't look the side they were that's for sure. With 3 minutes till half time Bodmin had run out of ideas but we committed to many forward and got caught at the back on the break. Painter saved a penalty before Bodmin added a second late on. Well done to the Blazey side who kept with it. Great effort from them. Has to be worst crowd I've ever seen at Bodmin for a St Blazey match. 60 at the very most with 22 counted following St Blazey. Not bad when you consider our results. 

Leyton Orient away Tuesday followed by Falmouth away Wednesday night. 

With the departure of Torndo it was creditable result Paul but alas no points

Looking at previous results Falmouth have met St.Blazey more than any other club and after Wednesday we want you to pick up points and climb the table so as to keep up our long standing rivalry. (Played 162 competive games since 1951)

First game 12-05-51 Festival Of Britain game played at Union Corner Falmouth Town 3 St.Blazey 4

Did I hear that three teams to be relegated from The SWPL Premier Division this season.?

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bodmin 2v0 St Blazey 

Bodmin deserved their win but it was painful to watch. They don't look the side they were that's for sure. With 3 minutes till half time Bodmin had run out of ideas but we committed to many forward and got caught at the back on the break. Painter saved a penalty before Bodmin added a second late on. Well done to the Blazey side who kept with it. Great effort from them. Has to be worst crowd I've ever seen at Bodmin for a St Blazey match. 60 at the very most with 22 counted following St Blazey. Not bad when you consider our results. 

Leyton Orient away Tuesday followed by Falmouth away Wednesday night. 

Poor attendance as your not an attractive fixture anymore Paul, you have one point from 11 games & heading for the trap door! We will be Ok, If we win our two games in hand, we go top, think Gilby would take that? Heard today after the game your manager & our former striker Danny 'Hitman' O'hagan is digging for a return to the Priory! Not good for St.Blazey Paulie, or for your Argyle today drawing at home to Hartlepool!! Sunday is a new day friend  :thumbsup:

If Bodmin even consider taking Danny back you no your struggling!! 

As for the crowd...your one of the top teams are you not? You shouldn't need a decent team to come to Bodmin to pull out the Bodmin fans from their arm chairs. 

Cracking program as always by the way. Up there with the quality of Buckland, St Austell and Penzance of years gone by. 

Better keep this brief don't want to upset any one anymore this week?Portishead town 1-3 Helston afc after extra time . Two goals for Matt Drummond in extra time after my little boy lobbed the keeper in the first half. Daddy is so proud ??

Ps  what a nightmare Bodmin is such a dire place to go through it turns people into right misery guts that place 

roll on when the a30 is sorted?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

If Bodmin even consider taking Danny back you no your struggling!! 

As for the crowd...your one of the top teams are you not? You shouldn't need a decent team to come to Bodmin to pull out the Bodmin fans from their arm chairs. 

Cracking program as always by the way. Up there with the quality of Buckland, St Austell and Penzance of years gone by. 

You cant say that about your player manager Paul!! Think you will find he was the one asking!!!

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Better keep this brief don't want to upset any one anymore this week?Portishead town 1-3 Helston afc after extra time . Two goals for Matt Drummond in extra time after my little boy lobbed the keeper in the first half. Daddy is so proud ??

Ps  what a nightmare Bodmin is such a dire place to go through it turns people into right misery guts that place 

roll on when the a30 is sorted?

Naughty :c:

7 hours ago, Paul said:

If you think Danny can improve your side at 40 years old I'd suggest your in deep trouble. There wasn't enough Bodmin fans there for every year he's been alive today. :D

I think your missing the point here Paul, you have lost 10 out of 11 fixtures, all your 'better' players have left you, & now your player manager was heard yesterday trying to fix up a move away from St.Blazey as well, it has nothing to do about making us better, or worse, or would gilby even have him..? What I am implying is why is everyone left  or leaving St.Blazey, & your current manager also looking to fix up a move away must be very worrying for you all? I thought Alan Carey had returned to club, I didn't see him yesterday in the dug out or at last weeks fixture either when I dropped in to watch you guys against Helston in the cup?

Newquay 2 v 4 Camelford ( Att 70 ish )

Game played on a very blustery day, with the wind seeming to blow across the field and then swap to lengthway in a matter of second. Heavy rain and a pitch that looked as if parts of it had been cut with a normal lawnmower and other parts uncut - unfortunately looked quite shabby.

First half was a very strange affair, I have not seen Camelford play so badly and they seemed at sixes and sevens - whilst missing some physical presence with players away, there can be no excuses for the early match performance. Newquay were gifted a goal by a pointless foul and free kick 25 yards out on the diagonal - nothing special 'shot' misjudged by the keeper with wind and dropped in under the bar - Jack Bray Evans the scorer. Camelford woke a little and following a couple of very questionable challenges by Newquay won a penalty, which was missed by Mark Gusterson, probably shouldn't have taken it as had just received a very heavy and late knock to his knee.

Camelford, presumably feeling sorry for Newquays poor recent form then passed or gifted Newquay two / three one on one with the their keeper - only fantastic goal keeping and last ditch positioning by Captain Dan Balsden saved Camelford from being 3 down at half time.

Second half was a totally different game - Camelford attacked from the kick off with some neat play involving three of their County U18 player - Harrison, Penrose and a shot from Hambly, being parried to Gusterson who finished calmly. Camelford continued to press with their three young midfielders taking control. 

On 63 minutes Gusterson scored a 'goal of the season' contender with an overhead bicycle kick from about the penalty spot, leaving the Newquay keeper and defence no chance. Camelford should then have taken complete control but Newquay kept trying and a short time later on 67 scored a well worked goal, with some nice interplay - Bray Evans slotting in from edge of box, although with some of his 'tackling' he was probably luckily to still be on the pitch.

Camelford were denied by a cracking 20 yd shot by Harrison being tipped over the bar by an exceptional save and Penrose crashing one off the crossbar, however Gusterson picked up his third on 84 minutes with some neat interchanges and quality finish. Camelford sealed the game on 89 with a classic Mikey Steel finish.

One cannot deny that Newquay kept trying throughout the game, however they lacked any real quality and loosing by two against a team who gave them so many chances in the first half does not bode well for them. I know they had two 'starting' players out with injury / sickness, but it's going to be a long, long season for them if they don't improve and soon.

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I think your missing the point here Paul, you have lost 10 out of 11 fixtures, all your 'better' players have left you, & now your player manager was heard yesterday trying to fix up a move away from St.Blazey as well, it has nothing to do about making us better, or worse, or would gilby even have him..? What I am implying is why is everyone left  or leaving St.Blazey, & your current manager also looking to fix up a move away must be very worrying for you all? I thought Alan Carey had returned to club, I didn't see him yesterday in the dug out or at last weeks fixture either when I dropped in to watch you guys against Helston in the cup?

Wouldn't it b easier if u 2 swapped numbers n just txt each other with ur comments? It's like u got ur own stand up show on here sometimes lol