DIVISION ONE (EAST)

Axminster Town 1, Crediton United 1

Bovey Tracey 3, University of Exeter 2

DIVISION ONE (WEST)

Holsworthy P-P Vospers Oak Villa

DEVON ST LUKES BOWL

FIRST ROUND

Exmouth Town 2, Plymouth Argyle 1

How did Marjon get in the league with their pitch. Must be one of the worst set ups ever. Arrived at 6-15 for a 7-30 ko. Complete chaos, no where  to park, driving around for 15mins waiting for someone too move. Then on to the pitch... Rugby post right behind goal post, astro turf completely covered in grids of lines. There are a lot of teams that have done wonders with their grounds over the last few years and they must think is it worth it when they have to go to a place like this. Although I suppose it meets the minimum FA standard it doesn't bring any credit to the league having to play on this sort of set up 

38 minutes ago, karaoke said:

How did Marjon get in the league with their pitch. Must be one of the worst set ups ever. Arrived at 6-15 for a 7-30 ko. Complete chaos, no where  to park, driving around for 15mins waiting for someone too move. Then on to the pitch... Rugby post right behind goal post, astro turf completely covered in grids of lines. There are a lot of teams that have done wonders with their grounds over the last few years and they must think is it worth it when they have to go to a place like this. Although I suppose it meets the minimum FA standard it doesn't bring any credit to the league having to play on this sort of set up 

As with the Argyle fiasco,being a Devon club the swpl always favours Devon clubs - if these scenarios existed in Cornwall, the clubs would never be allowed to enter.

7 minutes ago, ECPL said:

I am totally against artificial pitches but I'm afraid we have to go with it.  Unless the rules change

I agree in one way ECPL- but - the pitch at Marjon is really an outside multi use sports hall. The area is marked up for several activities with different coloured lines all over the place. I believe it doesn't fall in line with the guidelines of Step 7 pitches, on other matters as well, other that it was convenient to let them in. On similar surfaces I have seen in the FA Cup and Vase, the only lines on there have been the football area lines in white, like you I don't like it but they DO comply with the laws. Marjon is not suitable to competition football as it is.

1 hour ago, Home Waters said:

I agree in one way ECPL- but - the pitch at Marjon is really an outside multi use sports hall. The area is marked up for several activities with different coloured lines all over the place. I believe it doesn't fall in line with the guidelines of Step 7 pitches, on other matters as well, other that it was convenient to let them in. On similar surfaces I have seen in the FA Cup and Vase, the only lines on there have been the football area lines in white, like you I don't like it but they DO comply with the laws. Marjon is not suitable to competition football as it is.

You might want to rethink that one!

Law 1 Field of Play - clearly states - ' Only the lines indicated in Law 1 are to be marked on the pitch'. 

This law applies to natural surface, an artificial surface, an integrated surface ( hybred system) which is written in the rules.

Whilst I accept it is legally safe having passed all the required tests, I can also understand the funding element argument, but can you imagine the mess if pitches were allowed to have all these lines in pro & semi pro matches hence the Law.